Photo

Wedding Cakes in Playa Del Carmen/ Mayan Riveria

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 CamilleA

CamilleA
  • 83 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:26 PM

I am looking for wedding cake vendors in the Playa Del Carmen / Mayan Riveria area - any help would be appreciated ladies
    Selling my Monique Lhuillier Sunday Rose - perfect condition - PM message if interested

#2 jesmcan

jesmcan
    • 1,091 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

Hi Camille I am using Dolcet - they have been awesome to work with and their cakes are amazing :)
      The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

#3 CamilleA

CamilleA
      • 83 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 08:47 PM

Thanks!! Looks great!
        Selling my Monique Lhuillier Sunday Rose - perfect condition - PM message if interested

#4 Sycamore Tree

Sycamore Tree
        • 106 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

Pasteleteria in Playa Del Carmen. It is on one of the main streets - Constitutes Avenue. We had Julieta (another WC) coordinate the cake. We had three layers of white cake with fruit and the whole cake was sealed with fondant (rare to find in those areas). The cake was topped with fresh flowers. You will not go wrong with Pasteleteria bakery!!

#5 ddk5576

ddk5576
          • 209 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:28 PM

Thanks ladies! I just sent Dolcet an email! I hope they tell me something good! :)

#6 Smidge

Smidge
            • 55 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:11 AM

We had the resort's chef (in our case, from the Fairmont Mayakoba) create a simple tiered cake that we topped with a flat "bouquet" created by Vanessa Jaimes. The result was understated, exquisite, and very reasonably priced. Our guests gasped as the cake was rolled in, and we could not have been happier with the result. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures yet.

#7 CamilleA

CamilleA
              • 83 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

We actually went down to PDC this past weekend and found Pasteleteria (recommended by the locals so you know it's good!!) We are getting the Tres Leches which was amazing so we have decided to go with them!!!

#8 YrishCathe

YrishCathe
                • 31 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:16 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by jesmcan
                  Hi Camille I am using Dolcet - they have been awesome to work with and their cakes are amazing :)
                  Hi, were you able to taste their cakes? How are their prices like? We're going to have about 50 guests at our wedding. Thanks.
                  Mrs.2Be

#9 YrishCathe

YrishCathe
                  • 31 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:23 PM

About the Pasteleria, do they have a website? or can anyone share their contact info? Thanks.
                    Mrs.2Be

#10 CamilleA

CamilleA
                    • 83 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

I don't have any contact info for Pasteleria it's a little local bakery - they told me that they need about a weeks notice to make the cake - we are going down the week before the wedding so we will go in and order it - Constitutes Ave in Playa Del Carmen

We did taste the cakes - I actually find all the cakes in Mexico awful!! lol - but my parents and fiance thought that it tasted really good -the prices were amazing!! We are having about 80 guests and the cost was around $300 US dollars, our cake is quite simple, we are adding fresh flowers to it to spice it up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users