Photo

Invitation Help- Can't reach our vendor!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kates2425

Kates2425
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

Hi Ladies,
    We recently chose Sproullie Designs to do our boarding pass invitations after the fabulous reviews found on this forum. We sent Sarah our deposit (which she confirmed receipt of) and now we have been unable to reach her for 2 weeks. I understand she may be busy and backed-up (our order was not a rush), but we are left to believe she is ignoring our 3 follow-up emails. I run a business myself and am shocked someone would do business this way. I'm not here to trash the company, I am just looking for an explanation (they are on vacation, there was a family emergency??)- I really loved her work and was looking forward to using her items for many aspects throughout the wedding. I am saddened that we have now lost time and have to find another vendor. Not to mention the deposit that was already paid.

Does anyone have any insight, had this happen to them? I'm still hoping to hear something and am perplexed why everyone else had such positive experiences and I cannot get a response.

Thank you for reading- any help is appreciated!

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

That is very unlike Sarah, but I beleive it happened to either her or another vendor where emails were being marked as "junk" and sent to the trash folder. Have you tried calling her instead of just email? Or messaging her thru PM on BDW? Or on facebook?

#3 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:48 PM

I know that you've sent her 3 emails but have you tried to PM her? Stranger things have happened but maybe there is an issue with your email getting through as spam.
        I would definitely PM her.

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

sarah actually got her email address hacked into recently. i wouldnt be surprised if that is why she has not responded to your emails.

i agree with carly. have you tried pming her through the forum or calling her? technology is great but sometimes things happen, like emails go to junk folders, emails get hacked....if it has been awhile and you have not heard back, try another method of getting a hold of them.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:56 PM

Well...in response to your question as to what happened to me: Does all of the above work? My email account got hacked and I was locked out of it for a day (this has happened twice); I had a printer fail which shut down production for 3 days AND I've had an ill family member. It would be laughable if it wasn't so crappy!

Anyway, sorry for the lack of communication. I'm literally fielding about 200 emails a day right now and I don't always get back to everyone immediately if I'm working on your project. If all I do is anwer emails I don't get anything else done. It's also possible that during my crazy email-hacking issues that I didn't get your email, or that mine was blocked because that has been happening a TON this week. I don't have your BDW username in my files to figure out who you are, but email me with BDW in the subject and I'll either refund your deposit or figure out what I can do to make things right :)

Sorry about the communication issues, it's definitely not my typical style :)

#6 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:07 PM

OK, I figured out who you are by going to your profile here :)

Wow... I admit I was a little shocked that someone would have such a hard time reaching me - so I did some research. I have an email from you on April 26th, which was when you sent me your deposit/questionnaire info, and an email from you last Friday the 7th, which I replied to (it's in my sent folder in my email). I'm just now getting around to responding to emails today and I see a message from you that was sent yesterday. Yes, I am a day late on that one!

Clearly there's been a breakdown in communication, and I completely understand your frustration and have refunded your deposit, despite the work I've done on your invitations. I wish you the best in your plans!...

#7 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:38 PM

wow, that sucks you were so inpatient, Sarah did my invitations and they were Amazing!!

#8 Kates2425

Kates2425
              • 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 10:40 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MsShelley
                wow, that sucks you were so inpatient, Sarah did my invitations and they were Amazing!!

A few people PM'd me mentioning they also were in the same boat and were getting worried- not impatience- just a lack of communication. And yes, of course I agree she does great work-that's why I'm sad it isn't working out.

Thanks to those of you who tried to help!

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:53 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Kates2425
                  A few people PM'd me mentioning they also were in the same boat and were getting worried- not impatience- just a lack of communication. And yes, of course I agree she does great work-that's why I'm sad it isn't working out.

Thanks to those of you who tried to help!
                  It seems strange to me that these "few people" would PM you rather than PM Sarah if they were so worried. Doesn't this [lack of] communication go both ways? If Sarah doesn't know you're concerned, it's hard for her to respond to those concerns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users