Photo

Flower Petals

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MDLady

MDLady
  • 433 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:38 AM

I bought artificial petals but they are really pretty terrible, with static and all. Doubt that it would work well. The resort is offering petals at a ridiculous price so I'm trying to find a way to get them cheaper at home. I've heard people mention freeze-dried petals. Where can I get that? Or do you ladies have other suggestions for petals?? I so appreciate your help

#2 JENISE

JENISE
    • 652 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:50 AM

I know this sound weird but have you thought about maybe putting them in the dryer on low with some fabric sheets? That might actually help with the static.
      And I would just verify that you can take freeze dried petals to Aruba and that they'll pass customs as I know you can't take real flowers. Might actually border on the same.
      Hope this helps.

#3 cristinimartini

cristinimartini
      • Banned
      • 546 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:10 PM

I was worried about the freeze-dried petals being taken at customs as well...that would really make me sad...

I actually asked my WC is artificial petals were allowed, and she said YES!!! I was shocked...she also told me that a small bag was included from the florist at NO CHARGE!! Double shock!!! LOL...

Another option you can try is to spray them with a light mist of hair spray (spread them out, spray, toss them around and spray again).

#4 MDLady

MDLady
        • 433 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:40 PM

Those are great ideas. The petals themselves are nice but they totally stick together. I will try the dryer with anti-static sheets and maybe spray. They will be handled by my nieces so I don't want to put too many chemicals on them... Maybe I should just suck it up and buy the real petals there if all else fails. Thanks :)

#5 Pinky

Pinky
          • 134 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:22 PM

Try this site:

Eco-Friendly Rose Petal Blends

#6 Leigh17

Leigh17
            • 339 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:14 PM

If you decide to order freeze dried petals here's a good site:
              Flyboy Naturals freeze dried real rose petals, roses, flowers, hydrangea, peony petals, wedding toss, eco-friendly petals, bulk rose petals

#7 KGirl99

KGirl99
              • 189 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:42 PM

a lot of brides on this site swear by flyboy naturals....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users