Photo

Is anyone wearing 2 dresses?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:47 PM

one for the ceremony and one for the reception?

If so, do you plan on having them coordinate and have similar style elements?

And if you have pics - that would be great too!

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:54 PM

i didn't intend on it originally, but at the last minute (at the advice of miss Jamy) I did bring a 2nd dress to the wedding. i changed into it way into the evening, about 20 min before the boat left. i didn't want to - but i wasn't feeling well, and was a little warm. it was a white sundress-like dress, came to about the knee. it was nothing like my wedding dress!

you've probably seen a zillion pics of me in my wedding dress - there are some in my siggy. but here is one in my "other" dress later in the evening

http://www.leighmill....urce/1242.html

(guest/herrick)

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:58 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by akh
        i didn't intend on it originally, but at the last minute (at the advice of miss Jamy) I did bring a 2nd dress to the wedding. i changed into it way into the evening, about 20 min before the boat left. i didn't want to - but i wasn't feeling well, and was a little warm. it was a white sundress-like dress, came to about the knee. it was nothing like my wedding dress!

you've probably seen a zillion pics of me in my wedding dress - there are some in my siggy. but here is one in my "other" dress later in the evening

http://www.leighmill....urce/1242.html

(guest/herrick)
        thanks! very pretty and i bet a lot more comfortable and cooler. FI has his heart set on me wearing 2 dresses - i just feel like - is it a waste of $? and you only get to wear your wedding dress 1x so i want to milk it

#4 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:59 PM

I really wanted to, especially after I fell in love with 2 dresses, but my FI said "I don't think so" lol

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:06 PM

i did NOT want to wear 2 dresses, for the reason you mentioned - i loved my dress! but i just didn't feel good - and that's the only reason i changed!

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:08 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by akh
              i did NOT want to wear 2 dresses, for the reason you mentioned - i loved my dress! but i just didn't feel good - and that's the only reason i changed!
              i have a challenge ahead of me! i don't want to but he really pressing this one!

we'll see...

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:09 PM

why does he want you to wear 2 dresses?

#8 Alyssa

Alyssa
                • 11,793 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:15 PM

he thinks that the wedding dress is special and for the ceremony - should be a bit more formal (and prob less comfy LOL) and then a 2nd party dress that is very sexy, shorter, tighter and that you can dance all night.

i really want to buy one dress that i LOVE and wear it as long as possible so the thought of having to take time away from our family and friends to get changed and spend money on a 2nd dress and accessories just doesn't sound like fun!

#9 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:36 PM

Hmm remind me who had a dress that the bottom of the dress came off and was shorter for the reception. Total brain fart right now...

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 24,768 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 03:36 PM

i've never heard a guy think like that ... does he know most women don't have 2 dresses? i say do what YOU want - you're the one that has to wear it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users