Photo

Groom Newbie-Resort/Destination advice welcome!!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 tigger

tigger
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
    Getting married November 10, 2010 - Sandals Grande Antigua

#12 MayanLily

MayanLily
    • 316 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:04 PM

Welcome! I love that you're on here. Wish my FI would come here too LOL he just harasses me for being on here 24/7 I know there are other grooms so keep a lookout....or start your own "groom thread" (if it doesn't exist already!)

Good Luck on finding a resort. Remember, it's the Mayan! I'm certain it will be beautiful no matter what... especially if you're surrounded by your family, friends and beautiful bride
      Aly

#13 Pinky

Pinky
      • 134 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

Congrats and welcome! Great to see the groom getting involved too.

#14 wendyjd

wendyjd
        • 968 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:15 AM

Welcome to the forum. You are in the minority but are not alone, I've seen a guy or two on here.

you'll find tons of info about diff sites here. First step is to find the country then narrow down. we opted for Jamaica because we didn't want to do a legal ceremony here and the requirements were the easiest, but it isn't the cheapest place (in general) to be married.

Good luck!!!

#15 Mrs.B

Mrs.B
          • 455 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

Wow a groom who is actually interested in the wedding planning! Awesome! I sure you are not alone. You will find tons of reviews her regarding locations. Congrats and Happy Planning!

#16 krmiller

krmiller
            • 239 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

Welcome & congrats!! Check into the Palace resorts. There are about 7 or so in Mexico & 1 in DR. With that many guests you can practically have a free wedding & reception. It is based on the number of rooms you book. I have been to a wedding at Moon Palace & it was beautiful. Palaceresorts.com. Good luck!

#17 smckinney22

smckinney22
              • 185 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:27 PM

Congratulations! The "search" feature will be your best friend LOL It'll help with sooo many questions you may have.

#18 krizstyling

krizstyling
                • 90 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

I agree with the ladies above, it's refreshing whenever we see a groom on the site! There are definitely a few more around here. If you have questions etc. try posting in the area (Mexico/jamaica etc) whre you would like to have yoru wedding. Enjoy and welcome!

#19 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
                  • 860 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:29 AM

Welcome! You will love this forum! I am relatively new too and so far have learned loads and loads from the other brides. Everyone is so nice and helpful! Happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users