Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

those photos are awesome Gail! what matters is you had a wonderful day - and it sure sounds like you did. you look amazing! can't wait to see (and hear)  more! 

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

That set up fee is something, for sure!!! Ours ended up being $100 and we only had 14 guests - 16 people total with us. I had chair sashes, chair hangers and fans for the ceremony which wasn't much, but I had more chair sashes for the reception and a TON of other things......pictures coming soon!!!

As for chair sashes, mine came nice and neat and folded up so I left them. I didn't care about the creases and to be honest I can't even remember them on the chairs.....I know they were there, I saw the pics but I can't recallpinkie.gif

 

Ok, so 2 funny pics to share.....#1 Brides beware, I was so busy looking around and taking in the ceremony site and decorations I didn't pay a bit of attention to how I was holding my bouquet.....I believe this is the breast bouquet hold woot2.gif

 

*

 

Bahahahahahahaha - Oh well, it is what it is.

 

Here is how the night progressed for me and my hubby after many, many, many shots (16 or so I am told) This is right before we headed into the pool!!!

 

*

 

Our waiters and bartender were incredible and we had the greatest day ever!!!

More to come!!!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

 

That set up fee is something, for sure!!! Ours ended up being $100 and we only had 14 guests - 16 people total with us. I had chair sashes, chair hangers and fans for the ceremony which wasn't much, but I had more chair sashes for the reception and a TON of other things......pictures coming soon!!!

As for chair sashes, mine came nice and neat and folded up so I left them. I didn't care about the creases and to be honest I can't even remember them on the chairs.....I know they were there, I saw the pics but I can't recallpinkie.gif

 

Ok, so 2 funny pics to share.....#1 Brides beware, I was so busy looking around and taking in the ceremony site and decorations I didn't pay a bit of attention to how I was holding my bouquet.....I believe this is the breast bouquet hold woot2.gif

 

*

 

Bahahahahahahaha - Oh well, it is what it is.

 

Here is how the night progressed for me and my hubby after many, many, many shots (16 or so I am told) This is right before we headed into the pool!!!

 

*

 

Our waiters and bartender were incredible and we had the greatest day ever!!!

More to come!!!

 

Gail- looks like you had lots of fun!!! That was how we were too!!!! lots of shots and in the pool after!!! Congrats again!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by murmel View Post

 

 

How long are you staying Nikki? I get there on May 20. We are celebrating our "baby moon"!!!

 

We are only going to be there May 11 through 15th. Congrats on the baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So.. what do you guys think are appropriate tip amounts around the resort?  I don't want to be insulting by give someone a buck, but at the same time I don't want to get them 10 if 1 would have been appropriate.  So, I'm thinking tipping waitstaff during the reception and at other times, housekeeping, dj, photographer, etc.   Suggestions?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as music during the ceremony, did you think it was necessary to have music playing during the ceremony.  Or was just a processional and recessional enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

 

As far as music during the ceremony, did you think it was necessary to have music playing during the ceremony.  Or was just a processional and recessional enough?

 

 

Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

 

So.. what do you guys think are appropriate tip amounts around the resort?  I don't want to be insulting by give someone a buck, but at the same time I don't want to get them 10 if 1 would have been appropriate.  So, I'm thinking tipping waitstaff during the reception and at other times, housekeeping, dj, photographer, etc.   Suggestions?

 

I am so glad you asked these questions because I was wondering the same things!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As far as music during the ceremony, did you think it was necessary to have music playing during the ceremony.  Or was just a processional and recessional enough?
We had music for when guests were arriving/sitting. Then groom /groomsmen entrance, bridesmaids, bride, signing of the registry and the recessional. Personally I would not want music playing while you speak, and your guests are there to listen to you and your vows, not background music. Plus, depending on the minister/officiant they may not even allow music during the actual ceremony. As for tipping. This is so hard, it is at the end of the day a personal choice. Technically you are not obliged to tip anyone, but if someone is doing a good job it is nice to reward them. There is no right or wrong amount. Personally my husband and I would plan for about $20-25/day for tips. This was spread between the maids, bartenders, and wait staff through out the day. But again some people will tip more, some less. Depending on the day and service I am sure we were also up and down...so that's just my estimate. ***But if you do plan on tipping, try to bring lots of small bills with you. It makes it easier to leave a few bucks here and there. And it is often difficult to exchange a large bill for smaller bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ditto for us on basically everything. Our officiant did a good bit of talking herself, so music really would not have worked during the ceremony.

Our tipping was all over the place - we did tip some individuals as much as $20, but let me just say that these were people who went above and beyond for us. We had 2 fantastic shuttle drivers, they picked us up every morning for our excursions and I mean came in early and came to our door to get us. Now meals, etc was $1 or 2 or $5 if they were really good. Every day it just depended on what we did etc.

Now I didn't know if you tip the wedding coordinators or not, but there was an army of them and I figure they get to split the $100 set up fee I paid since it had to be in cash and I never had another opportunity to tip them, so I didn't. Not sure if that's good, bad or what but it's just how it worked out. They did a fabulous job though, no doubt about it!!

Hope this helps a little!!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post


We had music for when guests were arriving/sitting. Then groom /groomsmen entrance, bridesmaids, bride, signing of the registry and the recessional. Personally I would not want music playing while you speak, and your guests are there to listen to you and your vows, not background music. Plus, depending on the minister/officiant they may not even allow music during the actual ceremony.

As for tipping. This is so hard, it is at the end of the day a personal choice. Technically you are not obliged to tip anyone, but if someone is doing a good job it is nice to reward them. There is no right or wrong amount. Personally my husband and I would plan for about $20-25/day for tips. This was spread between the maids, bartenders, and wait staff through out the day. But again some people will tip more, some less. Depending on the day and service I am sure we were also up and down...so that's just my estimate.
***But if you do plan on tipping, try to bring lots of small bills with you. It makes it easier to leave a few bucks here and there. And it is often difficult to exchange a large bill for smaller bills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wha

When we were there, one of the men was wearing sandals with his dress pants, and he was turned away.  We also saw others being told the same thing.  He borrowed closed-toe sandals from my husband and had no problem being admitted to the restaurant.  
what about wearing sneakers to dinner? My FI is wearing converse for the wedding, could he wear those into dinner?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wha what about wearing sneakers to dinner? My FI is wearing converse for the wedding, could he wear those into dinner?
I would think it would be fine. The only thing they may say no to is flip flops. But I have seen guys with nice leather sandals at dinner too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married next May at the Azul Sensatori  in Cancun, I believe they have a hotel specific DJ. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on that versus spending money for an outside vendor and if so any recommendations on a good DJ in that area? Thanks for the help.
    • I admire brave brides. I'm generally afraid of a wedding. Breaking outdated rules is cool. You're good😇
    • My wedding date is set for the next April. The ceremony will be held on the beach too. I chose a dress style but not sure about the accessories like a crown and the need for a warm cape. The open back wedding dresses https://www.cathytelle.com/category/wedding-dresses/?filter_back=open&query_type_back=or  help me to choose, please! I like the third dress just with the location on the beach, like I'm dreaming about. In case of bad weather, I need to pick up a cape, so where can I find it? Only a new thing will fit, cause my grany is very superstitious (( I will be grateful for the web-addresses of jewelry shop with good reputation
    • Hello, I'm looking to have feedback about decorations for your wedding at Barcelo Maya Palace. We are getting married in Dec 2020, and I tried to get info from WC for what it's included as decoration for mint breeze or Straberry Package. It seems to be normal to pay extra for everything, but before to go further, i would like to now what basically come included?? I'm looking to know what is included for table decorations (center, if it's looking the same on when you go at a restaurant a la carte, table sheet white or colored), huppa for beach wedding (white or color), deco for chair, etc? Did you had to pay an extra to bring your own decorations? Did you pay an extra to have your reception in a beach restaurant? And what about a beach reception? Are the lights are included ?your help will be really appreciated!    Thank you
    • If you use the search function for those locations you may better be able to find something. What exactly are you looking for? Recs on photographers?
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...