Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#601 bba2009

bba2009
  • Newbie
  • 10 posts

    Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:29 PM

    I will probably do very similarly. I love the way yours looked. How did you pick the color of runner and fabric on the gazebo? Did they have multiple color options?

    #602 Mandy

    Mandy
    • Member
    • 514 posts

      Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:36 PM

      My runner was Caribbean blue and the gazebo draping was Caribbean blue and aqua. I picked it off of the Lomas, EDR, and Karisma websites. If you will send your coordinator a photo (or a link to a photo) from one of these sites, they will duplicate it. The flowers were "tropical" and I requested that they match my bouquet as much as possible.

      #603 cuban_flamingo

      cuban_flamingo
      • Newbie
      • 22 posts

        Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:21 AM

        El Dorado Royale is on of the locations on my list for weddings. However, since Easter week seems to be the week that works the best for most people to take holidays, I suppose Easter weekend will be our wedding date.

        Karisma resorts apparently don't perform weddings during Easer weekend. Boo!

        Does anyone have any information regarding having your ceremony off-resort and organising a reception dinner on-resort? Is this possible? Can you still organise a dinner at their all-inclusive restaurant?

        cheers!

        #604 KirstenRN6

        KirstenRN6
        • Jr. Member
        • 220 posts

          Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

          Do any of you recent EDR brides have pictures of what your table settings looked like? I will probably go with one long table, so I would love to see some ideas! Thanks girls!

          #605 ctpetch

          ctpetch
          • Newbie
          • 130 posts

            Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:26 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by KirstenRN6
            Do any of you recent EDR brides have pictures of what your table settings looked like? I will probably go with one long table, so I would love to see some ideas! Thanks girls!
            I have one of how mine was set up & also another similiar. I did one long table called the imperial table set up. I believe it is 2 tables wide together.

            #606 shannon

            shannon
            • Member
            • 772 posts

              Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:12 PM

              Hey- hopefully this will help some! :) I had my wedding dinner at Fuentes- I just had small, short roses as my centerpieces and rented the table runners, and brought my own votives, menus and place cards....Here are some pictures. We had 22 of us total- so it was a smaller group. At Fuentes, we had 2 long tables side by side...

              Click the image to open in full size.

              Click the image to open in full size.

              Click the image to open in full size.

              Click the image to open in full size.

              Click the image to open in full size.

              #607 shannon

              shannon
              • Member
              • 772 posts

                Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:17 PM

                Then the following night- the last night our guests were at resort- we had a private dinner on the beach. (kinda a "thank-you"/"good-bye" dinner)-- we walked past it earlier in the day, when it was still light-- the centerpieces aren't setup yet- but you can see the setup of the table! :) We had one long table at the private dinner on the beach the following night...

                Click the image to open in full size.

                #608 animaldoc

                animaldoc
                • Newbie
                • 91 posts

                  Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:53 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by shannon
                  Then the following night- the last night our guests were at resort- we had a private dinner on the beach. (kinda a "thank-you"/"good-bye" dinner)-- we walked past it earlier in the day, when it was still light-- the centerpieces aren't setup yet- but you can see the setup of the table! :) We had one long table at the private dinner on the beach the following night...

                  Click the image to open in full size.

                  Hi Shannon,
                  Do you have anymore pics of your private dinner at the white gazebo? I am considering this location for my reception, but am concerned that it might be too windy or that we won't have enough light. Did you have music at your dinner and did you rent the tent?

                  Thanks,
                  Jennifer

                  #609 shannon

                  shannon
                  • Member
                  • 772 posts

                    Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:15 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by animaldoc
                    Hi Shannon,
                    Do you have anymore pics of your private dinner at the white gazebo? I am considering this location for my reception, but am concerned that it might be too windy or that we won't have enough light. Did you have music at your dinner and did you rent the tent?

                    Thanks,
                    Jennifer
                    Hey! I'll pull some up from snapfish--- I'll post those when I get home tonght.... It wasn't too windy in general, but DEF too windy for votive candles! I "rented" 25 votives from the resort, and they couldn't light them-- I would definitely recommend passing on the votives!
                    There was plenty of light- they have lighting out there-- I rented tiki torches that were pretty- but not necessary for lighting....
                    We didn't have music- but I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem... On the very left of the photo- with the blue tablecloth, they had a completely full bar set up- it was crazy how many bottles they had over there- they had EVERYTHING.

                    On Valeria's recommendation- I didn't reserve a tent-- the stars were so amazing- and it was a clear night- so we could see them- that it would have been something that I would have hated to miss...

                    I'll post the pix later tonight!

                    #610 animaldoc

                    animaldoc
                    • Newbie
                    • 91 posts

                      Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:21 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by shannon
                      Hey! I'll pull some up from snapfish--- I'll post those when I get home tonght.... It wasn't too windy in general, but DEF too windy for votive candles! I "rented" 25 votives from the resort, and they couldn't light them-- I would definitely recommend passing on the votives!
                      There was plenty of light- they have lighting out there-- I rented tiki torches that were pretty- but not necessary for lighting....
                      We didn't have music- but I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem... On the very left of the photo- with the blue tablecloth, they had a completely full bar set up- it was crazy how many bottles they had over there- they had EVERYTHING.

                      On Valeria's recommendation- I didn't reserve a tent-- the stars were so amazing- and it was a clear night- so we could see them- that it would have been something that I would have hated to miss...

                      I'll post the pix later tonight!
                      Great I can't wait to see the pics and it is good to know you didn't have sand flying in your face or food, I am really worried about the wind! What type of lighting did they provide?

                      Thanks again




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users