Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#4271 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

LOL! So true. I just made friends with one of the servers, who kept running drinks to our room for my bridesmaids and I.

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

 

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

 

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

 

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


#4272 Mikecantarell

Mikecantarell

    Insiders

  • Insiders
  • 338 posts

    Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

    Hello everyone,

     

    I want to share a beautiful wedding that took place @J.W. Marriot and we had a TTD session. It was really nice and full of love. Please take a look at it.

     

     

     



    #4273 Mamzaleg

    Mamzaleg
    • Newbie
    • 22 posts

      Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:02 AM

      I'm also from WI!! We live in Madison. We are getting married at EDR in January, and having 55 guests at least.... 53 have booked so far, with more that are still probably going to. We are having a semi-private dinner at cocotal. They are charging us $20 per person for anybody beyond 40 people! This is something we are not happy with. However, we are getting a lot of kickbacks through delta vacations and funjet vacations (which is who people are booking through). We are paying for a 2 hour cocktail party as our reception, and renting their stuff to use for our ipod. They have set up fees for pretty much everything. Just so you know, these are negotiable and we have been able to complain enough to get our coordinator to at least reduce the fees. Overall, I feel EDR has not given us any perks for bringing them more business, and instead we have had more fees. I'm hopeful that when we go down there and have our meeting before our wedding they will give us more perks or netotiate with us more regarding these extra fees. I mean cmon... we are bringing 55 people to their resort!!!!!! I know that all sounds pretty negative. I don't mean it to be, but it's just been our experience prior to going down there. The resort looks amazing, the coordinator has been in touch with me fairly regularly, although it usually takes 2 weeks before she will email me back regarding things. I don't know if this helps much... but just gives you a clear look at what's to be expected. -Paula

      Hi! We are bringing over 100 guests to EDR for our wedding in April and I feel the exact same way! I keep asking why I'm being penalized for having a large group instead of given perks for bringing so many people. One of our biggest issues is the rehearsal dinner and the resort not allowing us to use the 40 person dinner as a part of this. Plus many more!! Have you found any helpful answers Paula?? Ps I'm from Chicago, right near by! Also, I've been researching the new wedding packages and I don't see any connection to Lomas travel. Did something happen or change? Can Anyone help me understand these new packages?? Thank you!!!

      #4274 AllieH

      AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

      Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

      I'm still working to figure out the new packages and how they do (or don't) interact with Lomas.  From what I can tell, the big difference is "pre-packaged" decorations and themes. As I am able to gather more info, I will update the official thread and let you ladies know what I've learned.

       

      100 guests is a big group, and it will take quite a bit of effort for them to accommodate a group of that size - from closing a restaurant entirely to host you and your guests, to the staff specifically needed to service your events. So there are charges above and beyond the 40 people that are included in the basic wedding package. I don't disagree that there should be some benefits to bringing this much revenue to the resort, but largely that will depend on the promotion you were able to get when your TA booked the group for you (free room nights or credits for every 10 or 15 rooms booked, etc.) This is also where a GIVC TA can be a huge help in getting your promos. 

       

       

      Quote:

      Originally Posted by Mamzaleg 


      Hi! We are bringing over 100 guests to EDR for our wedding in April and I feel the exact same way! I keep asking why I'm being penalized for having a large group instead of given perks for bringing so many people.

      One of our biggest issues is the rehearsal dinner and the resort not allowing us to use the 40 person dinner as a part of this. Plus many more!! Have you found any helpful answers Paula?? Ps I'm from Chicago, right near by!

      Also, I've been researching the new wedding packages and I don't see any connection to Lomas travel. Did something happen or change? Can Anyone help me understand these new packages??

      Thank you!!!

       

      Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

      Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

      El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

      AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


      #4275 kelseyrenee

      kelseyrenee
      • Newbie
      • 8 posts

        Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

        I am thinking of using the included group dinner at Cocotal as a welcome party dinner the evening before the wedding. Does anyone know what food is available to pick from for this event?  I believe I read somewhere that everyone has to eat the same thing?  Seems like it would be difficult to find one thing to feed 40 people - especially since I gave the choice of stuffed chicken breast or filet mignon for the wedding reception and don't want to make people eat the same thing for dinner two nights in a row at such an amazing resort with numerous dinner options! My fiance doesn't care for seafood/fish so that limits what we can pick also - I am hoping there is an amazing pasta choice on the menu, but doubtful. Thanks!



        #4276 amanda50388

        amanda50388
        • Jr. Member
        • 153 posts

          Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by kelseyrenee 
           

          I am thinking of using the included group dinner at Cocotal as a welcome party dinner the evening before the wedding. Does anyone know what food is available to pick from for this event?  I believe I read somewhere that everyone has to eat the same thing?  Seems like it would be difficult to find one thing to feed 40 people - especially since I gave the choice of stuffed chicken breast or filet mignon for the wedding reception and don't want to make people eat the same thing for dinner two nights in a row at such an amazing resort with numerous dinner options! My fiance doesn't care for seafood/fish so that limits what we can pick also - I am hoping there is an amazing pasta choice on the menu, but doubtful. Thanks!

          Your wedding coordinator will give you that list and tell you what you are able to choose, it is all the same for the courses for each guest but the entree's you can select two different ones and it really was not a big deal. Are guest's enjoyed this dinner and we gave an option of chicken or beef. So find what you two like and pick from that. We did simple stuff that people would like to eat over all and it worked out just fine. Also, the options are completely different from the wedding options so no worries there. Hope this helps. :)



          #4277 jnitschke

          jnitschke
          • Jr. Member
          • 251 posts

            Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

            Kelsey, I've heard really good things about the BBQ.  It's a huge buffet with lots of choices... something like a half dozen different meets, several sides, and a dessert table.  If we had enough people we would have done that for sure.   If you have 40 people it might be worth it to go the buffet route.

             

            Quote:

            Originally Posted by kelseyrenee 
             

            I am thinking of using the included group dinner at Cocotal as a welcome party dinner the evening before the wedding. Does anyone know what food is available to pick from for this event?  I believe I read somewhere that everyone has to eat the same thing?  Seems like it would be difficult to find one thing to feed 40 people - especially since I gave the choice of stuffed chicken breast or filet mignon for the wedding reception and don't want to make people eat the same thing for dinner two nights in a row at such an amazing resort with numerous dinner options! My fiance doesn't care for seafood/fish so that limits what we can pick also - I am hoping there is an amazing pasta choice on the menu, but doubtful. Thanks!



            #4278 Mamzaleg

            Mamzaleg
            • Newbie
            • 22 posts

              Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

              Hi Kelsey, 


              I was running into the same issue with the casita spa. I have a fairly large group coming, and therefore a larger bridal party as well. There are 8 bridesmaids, plus me, my mom, grandma etc. and I was very concerned about being able to all get ready together. I am waiting for confirmation, but believe we got permission to reserve the entire El Dorado Royal spa (I think it's less fancy but I am okay with that), so we can all be there during the day getting ready together. This was quite a battle I had with my WC who until this choice could not guarantee me a space to get ready with my bridal party and family. 

               

              Once I hear if it is confirmed I will let you know. Who is your wedding coordinator? Maybe you could ask about this option as well? 

               

              Good luck!

               

              Maayan



              #4279 nbateman

              nbateman
              • Jr. Member
              • 280 posts

                Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

                Received my photos from Magic Vision yesterday and uploaded them to my shutterfly share site if anyone is interested! Also had some guests upload their pics.  The share site is awesome, no need to have a shutterfly account to view them and anyone can upload by sending an email to a particular address to get automatically added to the album or by uploading on the site:

                 

                https://holmanweddingmexico.shutterfly.com/pictures/1831



                #4280 AllieH

                AllieH
                • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                • 2,014 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                • LocationAtlanta, GA

                Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

                girrrrll you look GORGEOUS!!!

                 

                I love the group photos where you're standing on the other side of the salt water pool wall - great idea!

                 

                what a beautiful wedding. *dreamy sigh*

                 

                Quote:

                Originally Posted by nbateman 
                 

                Received my photos from Magic Vision yesterday and uploaded them to my shutterfly share site if anyone is interested! Also had some guests upload their pics.  The share site is awesome, no need to have a shutterfly account to view them and anyone can upload by sending an email to a particular address to get automatically added to the album or by uploading on the site:

                 

                https://holmanweddingmexico.shutterfly.com/pictures/1831


                 

                Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

                Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

                El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

                AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome





                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users