Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#4151 amanda50388

amanda50388
  • Jr. Member
  • 153 posts

    Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

    Originally Posted by nbateman 

    thanks Allie!

    We had the same set up, but I don't remember the candle, lol!!!! 



    #4152 nbateman

    nbateman
    • Jr. Member
    • 280 posts

      Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

      I don't know why I didn't think of this initially, but you can get a 360 degree view of the restuarants (including Cocotal) here.

       

      I let my guests know about this too

       

      http://www.iceportal.com/brochures/ice/Brochure.aspx?did=0&brochureid=377



      #4153 nbateman

      nbateman
      • Jr. Member
      • 280 posts

        Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

        where the heck is the disco on this stinkin EDR map?

         

        http://www.eldorados...le/location.php



        #4154 AllieH

        AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

        Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

        I don't think I'd call it a disco..but Guacamayas is the main location for night time entertainment. It's B2 on the map - right by the chapel, close to the beach.

         

         

        Originally Posted by nbateman 

        where the heck is the disco on this stinkin EDR map?

         

        http://www.eldorados...le/location.php


         

        Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

        Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

        El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

        AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


        #4155 LKocelko

        LKocelko
        • Jr. Member
        • 350 posts

          Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:30 PM

          Haha I would definitely NOT call it a disco



          #4156 AllieH

          AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

          Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

          I was trying to be nice! The martini bar was our evening destination... or the beach bar or the bar by the casitas. We stopped by Guacamayas one night, and didn't stay long. I've heard others like it though - I think it really depends on the night, and the crowd!!! 

          Originally Posted by LKocelko 

          Haha I would definitely NOT call it a disco

           


           

          Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

          Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

          El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

          AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


          #4157 nbateman

          nbateman
          • Jr. Member
          • 280 posts

            Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

            Originally Posted by LKocelko 

            Haha I would definitely NOT call it a disco

            Well that really sucks! When I read there was a disco on the EDR website I assumed that it was a nightclub.  UGH! The nightly entertainment better be good after our wedding or else I won't know how to entertain 30 people!

             

             

            Enjoy Live Entertainment all Night long!

            Discover an enchanting night entertainment with fabulous Disco Nights, Shows, Mexican Live music, DJ's and more. Be our guest at the famous Disco where you can enjoy nightly entertainment as well as inviting dance music. If you are more the quiet kind, join a fine conversation with other guests while enjoying a great variety of cool Caribbean cocktails.



            #4158 AllieH

            AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

            Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

            Right - nightly entertainment. so some nights they have a band doing cover songs, one night is usually the fire show, I think I remember karaoke one night, and maybe a cirque-like acrobatics show? the schedule will be listed on the board by the main pool, and you can find it in the weekly newsletter from the concierge, or in the bathrooms by the main pool. That schedule also lists other events going on - tequila tasting and such. so definitely check it out to plan the day. plus - your wedding will be listed in the newsletter, so make sure you grab one for your momentos!!

             

            EDR is quieter at night than we expected it to be - no doubt about it. but, with 30 - you guys can hit the martini bar, the beach bar or the bar by the Casitas that stays open later (only til 10 or 11 I think) and make your own party if guacamayas isn't doing it for you.

             

            we were generally crashed by midnight...since we were so busy during the day. lame, I know!!!

            Originally Posted by nbateman 

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by LKocelko 

            Haha I would definitely NOT call it a disco

            Well that really sucks! When I read there was a disco on the EDR website I assumed that it was a nightclub.  UGH! The nightly entertainment better be good after our wedding or else I won't know how to entertain 30 people!

             

             

            Enjoy Live Entertainment all Night long!

            Discover an enchanting night entertainment with fabulous Disco Nights, Shows, Mexican Live music, DJ's and more. Be our guest at the famous Disco where you can enjoy nightly entertainment as well as inviting dance music. If you are more the quiet kind, join a fine conversation with other guests while enjoying a great variety of cool Caribbean cocktails.


             

            Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

            Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

            El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

            AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


            #4159 LKocelko

            LKocelko
            • Jr. Member
            • 350 posts

              Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

              Originally Posted by AllieH 

              Right - nightly entertainment. so some nights they have a band doing cover songs, one night is usually the fire show, I think I remember karaoke one night, and maybe a cirque-like acrobatics show? the schedule will be listed on the board by the main pool, and you can find it in the weekly newsletter from the concierge, or in the bathrooms by the main pool. That schedule also lists other events going on - tequila tasting and such. so definitely check it out to plan the day. plus - your wedding will be listed in the newsletter, so make sure you grab one for your momentos!!

               

              EDR is quieter at night than we expected it to be - no doubt about it. but, with 30 - you guys can hit the martini bar, the beach bar or the bar by the Casitas that stays open later (only til 10 or 11 I think) and make your own party if guacamayas isn't doing it for you.

               

              we were generally crashed by midnight...since we were so busy during the day. lame, I know!!!


              I second Allie. Once night was like "Mexican Idol" or something like that haha. We actually didn't go by any night, but some of the shows did seem interesting. I have been to other adult only AI that have been a lot crazier, but I actually appreciated that it was more mellow at EDR, especially on the casita side. We were also in bed pretty early, just from being out in the sun and whatnot during the day.



              #4160 AllieH

              AllieH
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 2,014 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
              • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

              Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

              and oh man, it was beautiful to wake up and watch the sunrise... I loved walking around in the early morning. 

              Originally Posted by LKocelko 

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by AllieH 

              Right - nightly entertainment. so some nights they have a band doing cover songs, one night is usually the fire show, I think I remember karaoke one night, and maybe a cirque-like acrobatics show? the schedule will be listed on the board by the main pool, and you can find it in the weekly newsletter from the concierge, or in the bathrooms by the main pool. That schedule also lists other events going on - tequila tasting and such. so definitely check it out to plan the day. plus - your wedding will be listed in the newsletter, so make sure you grab one for your momentos!!

               

              EDR is quieter at night than we expected it to be - no doubt about it. but, with 30 - you guys can hit the martini bar, the beach bar or the bar by the Casitas that stays open later (only til 10 or 11 I think) and make your own party if guacamayas isn't doing it for you.

               

              we were generally crashed by midnight...since we were so busy during the day. lame, I know!!!


              I second Allie. Once night was like "Mexican Idol" or something like that haha. We actually didn't go by any night, but some of the shows did seem interesting. I have been to other adult only AI that have been a lot crazier, but I actually appreciated that it was more mellow at EDR, especially on the casita side. We were also in bed pretty early, just from being out in the sun and whatnot during the day.

               


               

              Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

              Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

              El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

              AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome



              Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas


              1 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users