Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#3841 Feb2013

Feb2013
  • Newbie
  • 57 posts

    Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

    Originally Posted by Jnadair 


    Thanks so much for the "heads up"! If you can, let me know when you receive yours. Hopefully sooner rather than later since I'm ready to go deal with the name change thing and get it over with!

    I am right there with you... I will let you know when I have mine! I am ready to get the name change over with ASAP. Or I guess more annoying is that my company doesn't change my last name at work until it is official so I am tried of the old ladies ask if I am not taking my husbands name. At this point I have just started to say no I like being higher in Alphabetical order then him! I am a 'B' and he is a 'D' it has been funny watching there faces not understand the joke. 



    #3842 amanda50388

    amanda50388
    • Jr. Member
    • 153 posts

      Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

      Originally Posted by Feb2013 

      I am right there with you... I will let you know when I have mine! I am ready to get the name change over with ASAP. Or I guess more annoying is that my company doesn't change my last name at work until it is official so I am tried of the old ladies ask if I am not taking my husbands name. At this point I have just started to say no I like being higher in Alphabetical order then him! I am a 'B' and he is a 'D' it has been funny watching there faces not understand the joke. 

      It took me forever at work even when my name was changed. We use so many applications and programs that those all needed to be changed, it was a process for sure. It is so annoying, one thing that sucks after the wedding for sure. I dropped in alphabetically order too, haha!!!! 



      #3843 Feb2013

      Feb2013
      • Newbie
      • 57 posts

        Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:16 AM

        Originally Posted by amanda50388 

        It took me forever at work even when my name was changed. We use so many applications and programs that those all needed to be changed, it was a process for sure. It is so annoying, one thing that sucks after the wedding for sure. I dropped in alphabetically order too, haha!!!! 

        Oh yeah I am sure it is going to be hell... I go by the nickname Betsy but Elizabeth is my legal name so that is a hassle with all the different applications that we have some have a Betsy profile, others Elizabeth, or some have both. My Betsy profile has limitations and the Elizabeth profile has access to everything but what the Betsy profile has access to I just can't win. We just did an upgrade on one of the Apps to a couple things recently that it dropped using our names to using our company employee ID and my access was all screwed up b/c for the last 7 years I have had two different profiles. LOL! It will only get worst with the name change. 



        #3844 AllieH

        AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

        Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:44 AM

        oh Betsy, good luck with all of that!!

         

        the words of wisdom for the name change - mail your SS name change first, then driver's license and passport. the next hardest thing was getting it changed on my car loan. the bank accounts & credit cards were really easy. and of course changing it at work required an act of congress (ok, not really - they just wanted to see the new social security card).

         

        guard your original marriage certificate carefully!! it isn't replaceable.

         

        on another note... 211 days until we return to EDR. *sigh* I just needed something to look forward to, so am starting the countdown waaay early.

         

        Quote:

        Originally Posted by Feb2013 

        Oh yeah I am sure it is going to be hell... I go by the nickname Betsy but Elizabeth is my legal name so that is a hassle with all the different applications that we have some have a Betsy profile, others Elizabeth, or some have both. My Betsy profile has limitations and the Elizabeth profile has access to everything but what the Betsy profile has access to I just can't win. We just did an upgrade on one of the Apps to a couple things recently that it dropped using our names to using our company employee ID and my access was all screwed up b/c for the last 7 years I have had two different profiles. LOL! It will only get worst with the name change. 


         

        Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

        Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

        El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

        AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


        #3845 TheWolferts

        TheWolferts
        • Jr. Member
        • 458 posts

          Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

          16 days until we are at El Dorado Seaside Suites!!!

          oh Betsy, good luck with all of that!!

           

          the words of wisdom for the name change - mail your SS name change first, then driver's license and passport. the next hardest thing was getting it changed on my car loan. the bank accounts & credit cards were really easy. and of course changing it at work required an act of congress (ok, not really - they just wanted to see the new social security card).

           

          guard your original marriage certificate carefully!! it isn't replaceable.

           

          on another note... 211 days until we return to EDR. *sigh* I just needed something to look forward to, so am starting the countdown waaay early.

           

          Quote:



          #3846 AllieH

          AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

          Posted 26 April 2013 - 10:09 AM

          Happy Anniversary Nikki!

          Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

          16 days until we are at El Dorado Seaside Suites!!!    I cant believe it's been a year!


           

          Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

          Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

          El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

          AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


          #3847 amanda50388

          amanda50388
          • Jr. Member
          • 153 posts

            Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

            Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

            16 days until we are at El Dorado Seaside Suites!!!    I cant believe it's been a year!

             

            YAY!!! You are going to have to let us all know how you like it, were talking about going to that resort in January to try something different. I still can't believe it has been a year already, it is really crazy to think about, time sure does fly. Now you get time to just relax with husband and not worry about wedding stuff. Enjoy!!! :)



            #3848 murmel

            murmel
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 1,407 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
            • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

            Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

            16 days until we are at El Dorado Seaside Suites!!! :cheers:    I cant believe it's been a year!

            How long are you staying Nikki? I get there on May 20. We are celebrating our "baby moon"!!!

            Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

             

            Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

             

            Official Azul Sensatori thread:

            http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

             

            Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

            http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


            #3849 LKocelko

            LKocelko
            • Jr. Member
            • 350 posts

              Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

              Did you guys tip the officiant? If so, how much? Did you just have your groom/BM slip him some cash at the end?



              #3850 mstigger

              mstigger
              • Jr. Member
              • 239 posts

                Posted 28 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

                We did not, and not because we didn't want to........the minister they had for us was AWESOME, she did such a good job but she was gone before I could even look twice!!

                 

                Originally Posted by LKocelko 

                Did you guys tip the officiant? If so, how much? Did you just have your groom/BM slip him some cash at the end?






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users