Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#3831 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

WOOHOOOOOO!!! You look gorgeous Gail, and I'm so glad you are enjoying it. Happy wedding!!!! 

Originally Posted by mstigger 

Thanks so much Amanda!!!

We are here and it is our wedding day.....YAY!!! I can't believe it's finally here!! We were upgraded to an inifinity swim up suite on the Casitas side and OMG it is AMAZING!!!!!!

Here's a pic of us at our welcome dinner......thanks for all the help and all the support, couldn't have done it without all the help and ideas!!!

Gail, I so forgot to congratulate you before you left because my phone and computer has been acting funny, but best wishes!!!! You will be enjoying some nice warm weather, I am very jealous because this Chicago weather is beginning to be such a drag!!!!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3832 LKocelko

LKocelko
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

Can't believe we are leaving the week after next!! Where did all the time go?? We're starting to put together a packing list, and I wanted to see if there was anything past brides which they had brought that they didn't, or feel they could've left behind. I'm a classic overpacker (I'd rather have it and not use it than wish I'd brought it!) so I'm trying to make sure I don't get too out of hand. For example, I'm sure there are blow dryers in each of the rooms? I'm already getting worried about the luggage situation with all our wedding crap.

#3833 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
    • 458 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by JEM236 

Anyone who has been to the EDR know what kind of dress code there is for guys at night? My FI is a tshirt and shorts kind of guy, and doesn't have a lot of dressy clothes. Are the restaurants fancy at night? It is a strict dress code?

My husband wore nice khaki shorts with a button up shirt and seemed very appropriately dressed.

#3834 Feb2013

Feb2013
      • 57 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jnadair 

Just wanted to see if you ended up receiving your translated certificate yet since its over the 60 days...I'm still waiting on mine. Keep me posted on how that goes and if you end up having to contact someone! Thanks!

Sorry I was out of town visiting the Hubby's family for the at home reception in NJ with all his family that didn't make it to Mexico... I was just rereading our spreadsheet that we had from Valeria and it states on there it is 60 Business days (I personally didn't notice Business when I first was looking at it but that was in planning craziness so that is fair) and it makes sense considering there were restrictions around holidays and what not. So it looks like if I estimated correctly we will not get out certificates until May mid to late. I am not sure if there were any federal holidays in there. 

#3835 MelanieS

MelanieS
        • 820 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by JEM236 View Post

Anyone who has been to the EDR know what kind of dress code there is for guys at night? My FI is a tshirt and shorts kind of guy, and doesn't have a lot of dressy clothes. Are the restaurants fancy at night? It is a strict dress code?

When we were there, one of the men was wearing sandals with his dress pants, and he was turned away.  We also saw others being told the same thing.  He borrowed closed-toe sandals from my husband and had no problem being admitted to the restaurant.  

#3836 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

Just a quick reminder, BDW's Karisma Hotels Wedding Webinar, Sat. April 27 @ 9:00am PST.

This is a great event for those getting married at a Karisma hotel or thinking of getting married there.

If you have not signed up, there is still time to register.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3837 AllieH

AllieH
          • 2,014 posts
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

I brought everything and the kitchen sink... but I'm a card-carrying member of overpackers anonymous!

they do have blow dryers in every room - mine worked fine for me until it overheated (they are typical hotel dryers..if you have longish or thick hair, you may have to put it down to cool in between the drying).

they also have irons in the rooms.

I ended up taking quite a bit of dressy clothes (dresses and such) and didn't wear them.

We went through our sunscreen really quickly though - and it was crazy expensive in the gift shop!! so make sure you overestimate how much you'll need.

we didn't eat most of the snacks we took with us because room service was always available. we went through a few protein bars when we needed fast snacks.

I used my travel cup a LOT during our stay - but not everyone did. my husband wished we had brought a koozie for the beer cans a few times though.

we brought floats for the pool, but never even inflated them - there were several in our swim-up area already that others had left, so we just used those.

those are the things that come to mind... hope that helps!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

Can't believe we are leaving the week after next!! Where did all the time go?? We're starting to put together a packing list, and I wanted to see if there was anything past brides which they had brought that they didn't, or feel they could've left behind. I'm a classic overpacker (I'd rather have it and not use it than wish I'd brought it!) so I'm trying to make sure I don't get too out of hand. For example, I'm sure there are blow dryers in each of the rooms? I'm already getting worried about the luggage situation with all our wedding crap.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

#3838 LKocelko

LKocelko
          • 350 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:11 PM

It does :) Thanks!

#3839 Jnadair

Jnadair
            • 186 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Sorry I was out of town visiting the Hubby's family for the at home reception in NJ with all his family that didn't make it to Mexico... I was just rereading our spreadsheet that we had from Valeria and it states on there it is 60 Business days (I personally didn't notice Business when I first was looking at it but that was in planning craziness so that is fair) and it makes sense considering there were restrictions around holidays and what not. So it looks like if I estimated correctly we will not get out certificates until May mid to late. I am not sure if there were any federal holidays in there. 

Thanks so much for the "heads up"! If you can, let me know when you receive yours. Hopefully sooner rather than later since I'm ready to go deal with the name change thing and get it over with!

#3840 AllieH

AllieH
              • 2,014 posts
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:30 AM

oh, the name change-game. soooo much fun! NOT. Good luck - I hope you get your certificate soon!!

Originally Posted by Jnadair 

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Feb2013 

Thanks so much for the "heads up"! If you can, let me know when you receive yours. Hopefully sooner rather than later since I'm ready to go deal with the name change thing and get it over with!

Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users