Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#3671 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

I had so much fun looking through your pics Chris - looks like y'all had a BLAST!!

 

In other news....the OFFICIAL EDR/EDCR Thread is now live!!! I have most of the primary content up from EDR & Lomas info for weddings & the resort in general.

 

Here's where I need your help (you can PM your responses if you prefer):

1. If you want to be added to the roll call, please let me know. I'll need BDW name, first name and wedding date please. this is for both past & future brides! past brides are a fantastic resource for upcoming brides - especially those of you who have had more recent weddings, as things with Lomas & the resort change frequently.

 

2. Can you look through what I've posted, (and what is planned) and let me know if there's anything you'd want added, especially in the "wish I would have known" category?

 

3. If you have online links to your EDR resort and/or wedding review, photos and/or video and would like to share them on the Official Thread, please PM me and I will add them.

 

thanks in advance!!!


 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


#3672 Maybeachbride

Maybeachbride
  • Jr. Member
  • 186 posts

    Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

    Wow Allie this site is going to be great!!!  It is going to be tons of help for future brides!!!!



    #3673 nbateman

    nbateman
    • Jr. Member
    • 280 posts

      Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

      Originally Posted by LKocelko 

      It was me! Still keeping any eye, will ask my FI if he had any luck. I've been ragging on him to work on our paper products, so he probably forgot. I vote bring your own, but that's just me and probably because that's what I'm doing :)

       

      How many people are you having again? We are having probably 25 and I think the player should be enough for Health Bar, which is also where ours is.

      Does anyone know if there's a charge for setup for anything if you bring your own ipod dock instead of renting theirs for $150?  Before I ask my WC, wanted to get an idea on here first.  Also, is theirs electric or battery powered?  



      #3674 LKocelko

      LKocelko
      • Jr. Member
      • 350 posts

        Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:55 AM

        Originally Posted by nbateman 

        Does anyone know if there's a charge for setup for anything if you bring your own ipod dock instead of renting theirs for $150?  Before I ask my WC, wanted to get an idea on here first.  Also, is theirs electric or battery powered?  


        Mine didn't mention it, she just said they'd be sure to set it up near an outlet since ours requires plugging in. I think it's swept up in all the other set-up fee.



        #3675 jnitschke

        jnitschke
        • Jr. Member
        • 251 posts

          Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

          Throw me down Allie

          Jen and Todd- 5/25/13

          username: jnitschke

          Originally Posted by AllieH 

          I had so much fun looking through your pics Chris - looks like y'all had a BLAST!!

           

          In other news....the OFFICIAL EDR/EDCR Thread is now live!!! I have most of the primary content up from EDR & Lomas info for weddings & the resort in general.

           

          Here's where I need your help (you can PM your responses if you prefer):

          1. If you want to be added to the roll call, please let me know. I'll need BDW name, first name and wedding date please. this is for both past & future brides! past brides are a fantastic resource for upcoming brides - especially those of you who have had more recent weddings, as things with Lomas & the resort change frequently.

           



          #3676 LKocelko

          LKocelko
          • Jr. Member
          • 350 posts

            Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

            Ok ladies, I'm getting a little nervous and have been having some nightmares about the actual ceremony. I'm starting to freak out about how everything is gonna play out and work logistically, and I'm afraid it's gonna be a sloppy and look unorganized. I did make a very detailed ceremony script (shout out to Alli!) so it does have like "stage notes" telling the officiant what to do.

             

            Ladies who've been married, how did this all go for you. Did they speak English well? Easy to understand? Any tips you would give? Did the person running the music help make it go smoothly?

             

            I'm just trying to think of walking down the aisle, exiting, meeting up with my Dad, etc. Since we're having such a small group (19) I just don't want it to come off like it was thrown together at the last minute. I'm sure once we're down there and meet with the WC I'll feel better, but that's not for two months haha. Do you recommend trying to do a rehersal? I know the officiant isn't always available, but if he isn't is it still worth it?

             

            How long is the actual walk down the asile? I'm trying to think of how soon Sam will see me before I actually get to him. Since the 2 month mark hit I've just been so nervous!

             

            Also, random, but did any of you use/get a videographer through EDR? I didn't think I wanted one, but now think I might? Not sure how much they are or if it's in the budget. Ahhh

             

            Sorry for the long post!



            #3677 murmel

            murmel
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 1,407 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
            • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

            Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:15 AM

            First of all, it's totally normal to be worried about the details. And what you need to remember is the crew and WC are professionals! They are running weddings every day, so they know how to organize and make it run smoothly. To be able to have the officiant at a rehearsal, you would have to pay them an additional fee. I would just make sure to run through all the details with your WC when you are there. I personally got married at the Sensatori, and the minister who "married" us(we did a symbolic) spoke wonderful English, was entertaining and everything ran smoothly.

            Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

             

            Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

             

            Official Azul Sensatori thread:

            http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

             

            Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

            http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


            #3678 AllieH

            AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

            Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

            Lindsey - totally normal girl. Take a deep breath! It will be fine. As Miriam said, the onsite coordinators are pros, and it will all look pulled together and JUST FINE. are you getting married at Gazebo 55? if so, I tag you in the pics I have that show the aisle on FB. 

             

            our minister spoke english just fine. I won't say I was super impressed with him - I honestly didn't even listen to what he was saying! I was just so excited to be getting married, in such a gorgeous setting, that it sounded like charlie brown's teacher. our guests all said they heard everything just fine though, and thought it was a fantastic ceremony. So I'm totally taking their word for it. 

             

            Sam will see you when you pull up on the golf cart on the path as it comes racing across the resort :) If anyone is escorting you down the aisle, they'll meet you there at the main pathway, the MC will change the song for your walk when it's time, and you're off. 

             

            they did a fantastic job following all of the stage directions I had - in fact I completely forgot to brief my brother that he was walking mom down the aisle (he knew, but we never really talked about it after I asked him to do it), or that I wanted dad to walk me. and uhm, I don't think I told my DH that he was seating his mother and sister lol but it all happened just perfectly from the photos. 

             

            so don't worry. if it'll feel better to do a rehearsal with your bridal party, so they know the cues (music or whatever), then I'd totally do it with or without the minister. 

             

            I really wanted to do the videographer - Mike from Mexican Wedding Video. I think it runs about $900 though which was waaay out of our budget. check out the official thread - I did update the video options there. in the end, one of our guests video'd it from his iPhone, and they patched it together for us. aaaannnnnd...we haven't watched it 4+ months later! so I'm kind of glad we didn't spend the $$ on the pro version. 

             

            hang in there girl. it's normal to get nervous before your big day. we'll talk you off the cliff. because you WILL have the wedding of your dreams! 

            Originally Posted by LKocelko 

            Ok ladies, I'm getting a little nervous and have been having some nightmares about the actual ceremony. I'm starting to freak out about how everything is gonna play out and work logistically, and I'm afraid it's gonna be a sloppy and look unorganized. I did make a very detailed ceremony script (shout out to Alli!) so it does have like "stage notes" telling the officiant what to do.

             

            Ladies who've been married, how did this all go for you. Did they speak English well? Easy to understand? Any tips you would give? Did the person running the music help make it go smoothly?

             

            I'm just trying to think of walking down the aisle, exiting, meeting up with my Dad, etc. Since we're having such a small group (19) I just don't want it to come off like it was thrown together at the last minute. I'm sure once we're down there and meet with the WC I'll feel better, but that's not for two months haha. Do you recommend trying to do a rehersal? I know the officiant isn't always available, but if he isn't is it still worth it?

             

            How long is the actual walk down the asile? I'm trying to think of how soon Sam will see me before I actually get to him. Since the 2 month mark hit I've just been so nervous!

             

            Also, random, but did any of you use/get a videographer through EDR? I didn't think I wanted one, but now think I might? Not sure how much they are or if it's in the budget. Ahhh

             

            Sorry for the long post!

             

            Originally Posted by murmel 

            First of all, it's totally normal to be worried about the details. And what you need to remember is the crew and WC are professionals! They are running weddings every day, so they know how to organize and make it run smoothly. To be able to have the officiant at a rehearsal, you would have to pay them an additional fee. I would just make sure to run through all the details with your WC when you are there.

            I personally got married at the Sensatori, and the minister who "married" us(we did a symbolic) spoke wonderful English, was entertaining and everything ran smoothly.

             


             

            Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

            Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

            El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

            AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


            #3679 LKocelko

            LKocelko
            • Jr. Member
            • 350 posts

              Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:16 AM

              As always, thank you for all everyone's kind words. In my head, logically, I know it all will work out. But sometimes I forget that and have panic moments! I think the fact that it's LESS than two months propelled me into freak out mode haha :)



              #3680 AllieH

              AllieH
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 2,014 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
              • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

              Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:32 AM

              I had nightmares and freak outs too. That's why I said it's normal (cuz yanno, I'm 100% normal!!! hahaha). 

              Originally Posted by LKocelko 

              As always, thank you for all everyone's kind words. In my head, logically, I know it all will work out. But sometimes I forget that and have panic moments! I think the fact that it's LESS than two months propelled me into freak out mode haha :)

               


               

              Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

              Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

              El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

              AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome





              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users