Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#3571 mstigger

mstigger
  • 239 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Well, mine's not ready

WOOHOOO ladies!!!!!!! Can't wait to see how they look on both of you. Lindsey - you will be GORGEOUS. don't sweat it.

#3572 LKocelko

LKocelko
    • 350 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by mstigger 

YAY!!!! I will keep my fingers crossed, when are you going to pick it up??

Woops, I meant in came in yesterday, I'll go get it Sunday :)

#3573 jnitschke

jnitschke
      • 251 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lfcgirl88 

I adore the hair vines, any idea where you can buy these/ have them made (I'm guessing etsy?). I love your overall style I think it goes really well together! I would choose the second earrings btw! X

Thank You!

I'm actually just going to make my own hair vine.  I know the basics of beading and jewelry making, so I figured I could handle making a simple beaded necklace.  I read an article on Jennifer Lawrence's hair vine from the Hunger Games premiere that said she just took a vintage gold necklace, braided it into her hair and then flipped/pulled apart the braid pinning it with the necklace intertwined.   seems simple enough. 
        I'm going to make a necklace that I can then later wear as a memory of the day.  So, just could just do some necklace shopping for it, vs. using something specifically made for hair.

#3574 Lfcgirl88

Lfcgirl88
        • 31 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

Thank You! I'm actually just going to make my own hair vine.  I know the basics of beading and jewelry making, so I figured I could handle making a simple beaded necklace.  I read an article on Jennifer Lawrence's hair vine from the Hunger Games premiere that said she just took a vintage gold necklace, braided it into her hair and then flipped/pulled apart the braid pinning it with the necklace intertwined.   seems simple enough.  I'm going to make a necklace that I can then later wear as a memory of the day.  So, just could just do some necklace shopping for it, vs. using something specifically made for hair.

That's such a lovely idea having it to keep as a memento. I will have to find some nice long necklaces! Thanks for the idea! X

#3575 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Hello Karisma Resort Brides & Grooms,

I have a bunch of single and double upgrades available so if you have not booked your room yet and are interested in an upgrade, please email me: Karisma Hotels Single & Double Upgrade Certificates

To see if what rooms qualify for the upgrades see the chart in this thread: Wright Travel Agency: Karisma GIVC & GI Wedding Consultants

These upgrades are only available if you book with Wright Travel Agency.

I also have a limited supply of upgrades so they will be given first come, first served.

thanks!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3576 nbateman

nbateman
          • 280 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

Allie would you mind taking a quick look at this little guide I'm going to include in the OOT bags? I think I included everything. I know I would appreciate something like this, but if the resort already has something similar please let me know so I don't order them.

Thanks!!

Nicole

#3577 LKocelko

LKocelko
            • 350 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by nbateman 

Allie would you mind taking a quick look at this little guide I'm going to include in the OOT bags? I think I included everything. I know I would appreciate something like this, but if the resort already has something similar please let me know so I don't order them.

Thanks!!

Nicole

What a great idea! I may steal it :)

#3578 AllieH

AllieH
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 2,014 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
              • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

this is awesome!! I vaguely remember getting a small list of the restaurant times, but it didn't include the bars or snack corners. So I think this would be really helpful.

I would suggest a note added to check restaurant's days and times, just in case there are changes.  and all of the restaurants aren't open every day. I think there was one night Kampai was closed, and another when Rincon was closed. Rincon has dinner hours also, from 6-10pm.

You may also want to add that room service is 24/7, and typically takes about 30 minutes to deliver. (try the lobster quesadillas - we loved these!)

There are two D'Italia restaurants - one in the Royale side, and one in the Casitas side. I've heard the menus are identical, but the service was a little better/nicer in the casitas (we ate at the D'Italia casitas several times!!)

The other thing with the restaurants that you may want to mention is that there is a dress code at lunch - no swim suits, except at the pizzeria. Ladies will need a cover up & shorts, gents need a t-shirt and must be dry.

Bars:

There's also a champagne bar above D'Italia Casitas. They have most other alcoholic beverages too, but this place was always quiet when we were there. It's on the 2nd floor, and has a lovely balcony that looks out over the beach.

The other bar to mention is Gaviotas - this is the one on the beach across from Kampai. It was one of our favorite locations. They don't have hours listed, but I think it opened around 10 or 11am, and closed around 9 or 10pm.

Hope that helps!!

Originally Posted by nbateman 

Thanks!!

Nicole

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3579 jnitschke

jnitschke
              • 251 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the advice... Did anyone have a pre-made general schedule for when/where they planned to have dinner or drinks each night, if others wanted to join them?

Originally Posted by AllieH 

this is awesome!! I vaguely remember getting a small list of the restaurant times, but it didn't include the bars or snack corners. So I think this would be really helpful.

I would suggest a note added to check restaurant's days and times, just in case there are changes.  and all of the restaurants aren't open every day. I think there was one night Kampai was closed, and another when Rincon was closed. Rincon has dinner hours also, from 6-10pm.

You may also want to add that room service is 24/7, and typically takes about 30 minutes to deliver. (try the lobster quesadillas - we loved these!)

There are two D'Italia restaurants - one in the Royale side, and one in the Casitas side. I've heard the menus are identical, but the service was a little better/nicer in the casitas (we ate at the D'Italia casitas several times!!)

The other thing with the restaurants that you may want to mention is that there is a dress code at lunch - no swim suits, except at the pizzeria. Ladies will need a cover up & shorts, gents need a t-shirt and must be dry.

Bars:

There's also a champagne bar above D'Italia Casitas. They have most other alcoholic beverages too, but this place was always quiet when we were there. It's on the 2nd floor, and has a lovely balcony that looks out over the beach.

The other bar to mention is Gaviotas - this is the one on the beach across from Kampai. It was one of our favorite locations. They don't have hours listed, but I think it opened around 10 or 11am, and closed around 9 or 10pm.

Hope that helps!!

#3580 LKocelko

LKocelko
                • 350 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by jnitschke 

Thanks for the advice... Did anyone have a pre-made general schedule for when/where they planned to have dinner or drinks each night, if others wanted to join them?

I don't want everyone to know where we'll be haha. We're having the welcome dinner Friday, the wedding Saturday, and then after that it's each man for himself! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users