Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#3401 LKocelko

LKocelko
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

We're planning on just going out after our private dinner to celebrate, since we're not having a DJ. Reading these posts is getting me a little worried about the "night life" there....do you think we'll be okay and have a good time? We were just gonna go right after, I was gonna rock my wedding dress.

#3402 Lfcgirl88

Lfcgirl88
    • 31 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Welcome! This is a wonderful forum to plan your dream wedding...and get lots of great ideas and info!:welcome:

:welcome: Congratulations!!!! This group is amazing and you will find everything need here for your DW. Allie is such a wonderful help here to all of us, I think I've survived a few cliff dives thanks to her and the other ladies!! Anything you may need, just ask - someone has certainly been there/done that or has some type of advice to lend. Happy planning!!

Thanks so much! I've already learnt a lot! Good luck with your plans x

#3403 Lfcgirl88

Lfcgirl88
      • 31 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Done, looks like you have a ton of support! Good luck x

ladies, will you do me a HUGE favor and photo for our wedding photo (#34) in our photographer's Image of the Year contest? http://www.lotusblos...ge-of-the-year/ You can vote by leaving a comment on her blog. If you're on Pinterest, you can vote a 2nd time by pinning the image, and then leaving another comment on the blog w/ a link to the pin. Thanks in advance!!!

#3404 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
        • 284 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by LKocelko 

We're planning on just going out after our private dinner to celebrate, since we're not having a DJ. Reading these posts is getting me a little worried about the "night life" there....do you think we'll be okay and have a good time? We were just gonna go right after, I was gonna rock my wedding dress.

Our guests ended up at the disco every night after everyone had their individual or group dinners, and always had a good time. They had kareoke, Michael Jackson impersonation night, tequila tasting, djs and live bands. Even the night of our wedding, once the reception got shut down at 11pm, we moved the party to the disco and I rocked my wedding dress too!!!

#3405 Darcy

Darcy
          • 30 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

I received a response from my WC regarding fees if I bring my own decorations. I think this is a little crazy it's $5 per person that has to be paid to the wedding team onsite. I am expecting 40 guests so that's an additional $200.  Also if you have welcome bags that you would like delivered to your guests rooms it's $4 per room.

#3406 AllieH

AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'm sorry - I didn't mean to imply that it sucked!

It just wasn't our thing for a variety of reasons. We're pretty picky people - my husband doesn't like live music (this is a whole different issue!!!!), and I am super sensitive to any and all cigarette smoke.

I think a good rule of thumb is to make the most of wherever you decide to hang - make it YOURS. Especially the night of your wedding - go rock that dress!!

We hit the beach bar after our wedding. I sat on a bar stool with my dress hiked up to cool off and we chatted with everyone who was there. Meahwhile most of our guests went and passed out drunk lol we clearly didn't drink that much during the reception (I was too busy dancing and drinking water to try to stay hydrated).

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianLindsey 

Our guests ended up at the disco every night after everyone had their individual or group dinners, and always had a good time. They had kareoke, Michael Jackson impersonation night, tequila tasting, djs and live bands. Even the night of our wedding, once the reception got shut down at 11pm, we moved the party to the disco and I rocked my wedding dress too!!!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#3407 LKocelko

LKocelko
            • 350 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Darcy 

I received a response from my WC regarding fees if I bring my own decorations. I think this is a little crazy it's $5 per person that has to be paid to the wedding team onsite. I am expecting 40 guests so that's an additional $200.  Also if you have welcome bags that you would like delivered to your guests rooms it's $4 per room.

Yeah, after we heard about the welcome bag fee we decided to just hand them out ourselves. When Allie got down there the setup was less than she was expecting, so I'm hoping the same happens for us. Unfortunately at this point I've just accepted it will cost what it costs, because we have to have decorations, so we're just going to hope for the best. 

#3408 LKocelko

LKocelko
              • 350 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Another thing to check off, decided on a place for our AHR! It's quite a ways off, but I just wanted to have it figured out since I expect time to start flying. Hard to believe it's already the end of January!

#3409 mstigger

mstigger
                • 239 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

It is crazy how fast the time is going. I'm 3 months out and it seems like just yesterday it was 7 months away!!!

Glad you found a place for your AHR, we decided against one since we would need 2. I live in Charleston, SC and he lives in Wheeling, WV....too much!!

Another thing to check off, decided on a place for our AHR! It's quite a ways off, but I just wanted to have it figured out since I expect time to start flying. Hard to believe it's already the end of January!

#3410 LKocelko

LKocelko
                  • 350 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by mstigger 

It is crazy how fast the time is going. I'm 3 months out and it seems like just yesterday it was 7 months away!!!

Glad you found a place for your AHR, we decided against one since we would need 2. I live in Charleston, SC and he lives in Wheeling, WV....too much!!

That makes sense. All of our family and friends live within 1 1/2 hour of us, so it didn't make sense not to have one. We're going to just do a casual brunch buffet at a restaurant around here. Nothing fancy, but a nice time to meet with everyone, show all our wedding pictures, etc. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users