Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#3021 murmel

murmel
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 1,407 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:53 AM

 Allie- I just got back from Germany (no internet there for me) and am thrilled to hear everything went well. Congratulations! And I adore your photo. Your smile is just out of this world- you look so happy.

I need everyone's advice! We just got our WC and need to pick one of the following for our ceremony....sadly 55 is not available. Either

White Gazebo, Mexican Gazebo or Presidential Gazebo. We were leaning more towards the White or Presidential since it's more beachy.

 

We also need to pick if we'll use the Health Bar, Salon Dorado or Beach area for the private reception. Any thoughts?? There will be about 25 people. Thanks ladies!! If anyone has pictures of the different areas that'd be great. 

 Try this link:

For anyone that has been to both EDR and El Dorado Seaside Suites... We r debating on whether we want to go back to EDR for our 1 year anniversary stay or go to Seaside suites. I had gone to EDR prior to our wedding , so it would be my 3rd time visiting. I also think that is prefer a smaller resort since its just the 2 of us. Our TA said its the same quality but the feeling is a little different. I'm worried that we won't enjoy seaside suites as much but I want to try something new! HELP!!

 We have not been to Seaside, however very good friends of ours (that we travel with alot) have stayed there. It is a much smaller property, very quiet and romantic. The beach is nice, and the rooms are just as amazing at Royale. They actually were with us while we stayed at EDR the second time, and said for layout and overall experience they preferred Seaside. They highly recommend it!

 

As for other Karisma resorts, Azul Beach is quiet, smaller (250 rooms) and really nice (newly updated about 2 years ago); Azul Sensatori is medium sized (400 rooms), so a little more entertainment going on, excellent food and service, however the beach is not good at all. ( the Azul properties are kid friendly) Azul Fives, is still going through growing pains. Friends have stayed there, saying the rooms, and hotel were great, however food and service was lacking still.


Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

 

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

 

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

 

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


#3022 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
  • Jr. Member
  • 458 posts

    Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

    Thanks Murmel! We put down our deposit today! Now starts the countdown until May 11-15, 2013!

    Originally Posted by murmel 

     Allie- I just got back from Germany (no internet there for me) and am thrilled to hear everything went well. Congratulations! And I adore your photo. Your smile is just out of this world- you look so happy.

     Try this link: http://www.bestdesti...-royale-photos/

    If that does not work, click on my profile and scroll to the bottom for photos.

     

    For a smaller wedding, I think my favorite is the D'Italia gazebo, or the white gazebo (I would think they mean the gazebo across from the Health bar). (I also have no idea which one  they call the Mexican gazebo?)

    As for private reception, I would pick the Health bar. Beautiful location, and like Wolferts said, some wind protection, and a roof in case of rain. There is also a covered area close to the Presidential Gazebo which is really nice. It's by the larger pool, so daytime it's not private, but in the evening it's in a quieter area.

    Good luck!

     We have not been to Seaside, however very good friends of ours (that we travel with alot) have stayed there. It is a much smaller property, very quiet and romantic. The beach is nice, and the rooms are just as amazing at Royale. They actually were with us while we stayed at EDR the second time, and said for layout and overall experience they preferred Seaside. They highly recommend it!

     

    As for other Karisma resorts, Azul Beach is quiet, smaller (250 rooms) and really nice (newly updated about 2 years ago); Azul Sensatori is medium sized (400 rooms), so a little more entertainment going on, excellent food and service, however the beach is not good at all. ( the Azul properties are kid friendly) Azul Fives, is still going through growing pains. Friends have stayed there, saying the rooms, and hotel were great, however food and service was lacking still.



    #3023 Mexican Wedding Photos

    Mexican Wedding Photos
    • Vendor
    • 43 posts

      Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

      Hi I'm Mike Razo from www.mexicanweddingphotos.com we are an authorize vendor from Lomas travel so you don't need to pay any extra fee for our services here are some examples of our work also visit our web site for any doubt or question have a nice day bye 

       

       

       

       

       



      #3024 MelanieS

      MelanieS
      • Member
      • 820 posts

        Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:36 PM

        Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

        For anyone that has been to both EDR and El Dorado Seaside Suites... We r debating on whether we want to go back to EDR for our 1 year anniversary stay or go to Seaside suites. I had gone to EDR prior to our wedding , so it would be my 3rd time visiting. I also think that is prefer a smaller resort since its just the 2 of us. Our TA said its the same quality but the feeling is a little different. I'm worried that we won't enjoy seaside suites as much but I want to try something new! HELP!!

        My husband and I have been to Seaside Suites and our daughter got married at EDR.  Seaside is MUCH smaller with fewer restaurant options.  However, the food is still great and they have swinging beach beds which are absolutely amazing and our favorite.  We also had a swim-up suite while there, so we had the best of both worlds.  Seaside has a whole different vibe to it, but it is relaxing, beautiful and on the beach, so you can't go wrong choosing it.



        #3025 TheWolferts

        TheWolferts
        • Jr. Member
        • 458 posts

          Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

          Melanie,

           

          We are only going for 4 days, so I dont think we will mind not having to pick which restaurants we will visit while there, since we will be able to hit them all! We are going to be in a swim up suite as well so that will be a new experience for us as well. When you say, "whole different vibe", can you elaborate?

           

          Also, I see that you are from Missouri.. My husband and I met while we both attended Mizzou!

           

           

          Originally Posted by MelanieS 

          My husband and I have been to Seaside Suites and our daughter got married at EDR.  Seaside is MUCH smaller with fewer restaurant options.  However, the food is still great and they have swinging beach beds which are absolutely amazing and our favorite.  We also had a swim-up suite while there, so we had the best of both worlds.  Seaside has a whole different vibe to it, but it is relaxing, beautiful and on the beach, so you can't go wrong choosing it.



          #3026 amanda50388

          amanda50388
          • Jr. Member
          • 153 posts

            Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:01 PM




            I sent Sarani a message telling her I was disappointed & she responded quickly saying that she had a prior commitment when I would need her & that James was her best photographer. She said that she could meet me at the resort on another day & do a mini trash the dress or couples session free of charge. I'm extremely happy with that compromise, I love her photos & I'm glad I will get the opportunity to work with her. No doubt James will be good, it's just that her pics were more of my style. I would love to see your pics, are they on here?


            #3027 amanda50388

            amanda50388
            • Jr. Member
            • 153 posts

              Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

              Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

              Thanks Murmel! We put down our deposit today! Now starts the countdown until May 11-15, 2013!

              That is exciting!!!! I can't wait till we do our's, hoping to do it soon. I am dying to go back it's like everything went way to fast. I already feel like i need another vacation. lol!!!



              #3028 MelanieS

              MelanieS
              • Member
              • 820 posts

                Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

                Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

                Melanie,

                 

                We are only going for 4 days, so I dont think we will mind not having to pick which restaurants we will visit while there, since we will be able to hit them all! We are going to be in a swim up suite as well so that will be a new experience for us as well. When you say, "whole different vibe", can you elaborate?

                 

                Also, I see that you are from Missouri.. My husband and I met while we both attended Mizzou!

                 

                 

                Go Tigers!  :)   We live in Springfield now, but lived in Columbia for a while also.

                We were at Seaside for 5 days and really enjoyed it. You will have plenty of options on restaurants.  It is so much more laid-back than EDR and much quieter.  We enjoyed walking around the grounds in the evening, and the swinging beach beds were heavenly.  The resort is quite a bit farther south of Cancun and takes a while to get to, but if you are going to do any side trips (Coba or Tulum) they are much closer than EDR.  



                #3029 jnitschke

                jnitschke
                • Jr. Member
                • 251 posts

                  Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:57 AM

                  So, after seeing Allie's most recent blog posting I thought that it might be nice to compile some wisdom from our past brides.  So here it goes ladies... can you answer these questions?

                   

                  -What things from your wedding would you do again?What really worked?

                  -What things would you have changed, or done differently?

                  -What was the best expense that you would recommend that other brides add on?

                  -What wasn't worth the extra money?



                  #3030 erin 1

                  erin 1
                  • Newbie
                  • 4 posts

                    Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

                    Hi ladies - I had been lurking here for quite awhile (months!), but then started making my own wedding plans, frequenting other boards, and forgot my BDW account info in the meantime.  I had to create a new account to come back here!   Anyway, hi!   I'm also a 2013 EDR bride, and I wanted to jump in to join y'all!  :-)   Quick question - how did friends/family take the news that you were having a destination wedding?   My friends seem to love the idea - though nobody has contacted my travel agent to book.  They still have time, though, so I'm not stressing about them yet.  My parents on the other hand HATE the idea, and are really not being super supportive about it.  They are coming along, of course - but they are less than thrilled.  We are having an at home reception as well, and the majority of people are of course going to attend that, but I'm starting to worry that the actual wedding is going to be so small that the people who join might feel they wasted their time and money.  I keep trying to remind myself that it is OUR day (mine and hubby), but ugh - the stress of wanting to please everyone is kicking in.   I have gone back and forth so many times with just wanting to scrap the Mexico plan, have the wedding in our hometown, and just go to Mex for our honeymoon.  But NO.  Why should I?  We WANT to have this wedding, and ultimately we're sticking to the plan.  Plus I don't want to lose my deposits.  LOL.  ;-)   Anyway, that was my vent.  And intro.  Nice to be here!  

                    Attached Files






                    1 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users