Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#2951 chiquita8302

chiquita8302
  • 115 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

Regarding the chrismas lights... on a 9' pole, it doesn't make sense they'd only use one 6' strand of lights... I'm looking at a pic that Valeria sent me, and it doesn't look like they used icicle lights either, unless they twisted all the icicles together with the main strand. I don't know, ugh... I guess I'll have to play with a strand when I take mine out for xmas and see what they look like LOL! I think we'd need at least 2 strands per pole, though. That is getting to be a bit of a lot in the suitcase...

#2952 Shannon Burgess

Shannon Burgess
    • 65 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by chiquita8302 

Regarding the chrismas lights... on a 9' pole, it doesn't make sense they'd only use one 6' strand of lights... I'm looking at a pic that Valeria sent me, and it doesn't look like they used icicle lights either, unless they twisted all the icicles together with the main strand. I don't know, ugh... I guess I'll have to play with a strand when I take mine out for xmas and see what they look like LOL! I think we'd need at least 2 strands per pole, though. That is getting to be a bit of a lot in the suitcase...

I was just wondering the same thing...there is no way a 6ft strand is going to make all the way down a 9ft pole with a 12in diameter and look good. I think she did send me a picture of icicles but I think the regular strands look better. think I may just do without the lights, I don't know if I want to deal with traveling with them to and from. I am having 8 Tiki Torches, 25 candle bags, 3 lanterns with votives and tee lights on the tables...hopefully that will be enough light/decor. She is a lot nicer to you than she is to me, I must have made her mad. lol 

#2953 AllieH

AllieH
      • Resort/Area Ambassadors
      • 2,014 posts
      • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
      • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

well ladies, it's my turn. we leave in the morning! 

two of my guests aren't going to make it due to a medical emergency. 13 of our guests live in the areas of NYC that  

have no power or water. Most of them appear to be safe and sound otherwise. We have no idea if they will go ahead and come to Mexico or not. the airports are scheduled to open tomorrow, and most of them are on Flights Friday/Saturday. I guess we'll see who shows up! 

luckily, they were open to giving us a refund on the meals if the NY guests don't make it. but we're crossing our fingers. 

just a wee bit of last minute stress. thanks Sandy! 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#2954 murmel

murmel
      • 1,407 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
      • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by AllieH 

two of my guests aren't going to make it due to a medical emergency. 13 of our guests live in the areas of NYC that  

have no power or water. Most of them appear to be safe and sound otherwise. We have no idea if they will go ahead and come to Mexico or not. the airports are scheduled to open tomorrow, and most of them are on Flights Friday/Saturday. I guess we'll see who shows up! 

luckily, they were open to giving us a refund on the meals if the NY guests don't make it. but we're crossing our fingers. 

Well, I wish you and your guests a safe journey! I work in the aviation industry, and for the most part, I would think your guests from NY should have no issues with their flights (all the airports are open except Laguardia-and the hope to be open by tomorrow). Hope they didn't get too much damage to their homes!

Best wishes for a beautiful and stressful wedding! Remember to breathe, and enjoy the moment!

Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

Official Azul Sensatori thread:

http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/

#2955 chiquita8302

chiquita8302
      • 115 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Allie!! I teared up a little bit just thinking about how exciting it is that it's finally here for you!! I feel like I've been along for the ride with some of you girls for so long now that it makes it that much more exciting!

I was just wondering the same thing...there is no way a 6ft strand is going to make all the way down a 9ft pole with a 12in diameter and look good. I think she did send me a picture of icicles but I think the regular strands look better. think I may just do without the lights, I don't know if I want to deal with traveling with them to and from. I am having 8 Tiki Torches, 25 candle bags, 3 lanterns with votives and tee lights on the tables...hopefully that will be enough light/decor. She is a lot nicer to you than she is to me, I must have made her mad. lol 

Originally Posted by AllieH 

#2956 nbateman

nbateman
        • 280 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

HELLO LADIES!! After reading this thread and all of the bazillion posts, I'm finally deciding to post! Figured it'll be useful to have other brides that will be heading down to EDR late next year.  Our date is 10/4/13.  Really getting into the decision making now, private dinner, cocktail hour, photography, etc.  Exciting!!!! Anyone else doing an August, Sept, Oct, Nov 2013 wedding?

#2957 AllieH

AllieH
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

Well, I wish you and your guests a safe journey! I work in the aviation industry, and for the most part, I would think your guests from NY should have no issues with their flights (all the airports are open except Laguardia-and the hope to be open by tomorrow). Hope they didn't get too much damage to their homes! Best wishes for a beautiful and stressful wedding! Remember to breathe, and enjoy the moment! :pinkie:

Thank you! So far we know 3 aren't going to make it because their Flights were cancelled and not rescheduled until sunday. 6 have said they will make it, and the last 4 are unknown. Ahhh Mother Nature ! Resort is beyond gorgeous, staff is amazing! Beautiful weather too. I'm so happy ( so far) that we chose edr. We had 5 brides on our flight yesterday. Flight attendants were awesome with the dresses. No issues with our 5 bags of luggage with customs either. Green lights for both of us and we were through.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#2958 nbateman

nbateman
          • 280 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hey Allie, who did you fly with and do you remember how far out you booked your flights? best to book early or closer? We're going next October and are curious since flights aren't available just yet..

Thanks!

Nicole

#2959 LKocelko

LKocelko
            • 350 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

I highly recommend going with a travel agent. We were trying to do it ourselves, but soon learned it would be too stressful. The TA will have access to chartered flights and other information you don't. For example, they might already be able to see flights that are booked that far out. Having one has been really helpful, as they do this for a living. Plus this way, all our guests have to do is call her to arrange everything. Much fewer phone calls to the FI and me :)

#2960 LKocelko

LKocelko
              • 350 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:38 PM

I highly recommend going with a travel agent. We were trying to do it ourselves, but soon learned it would be too stressful. The TA will have access to chartered flights and other information you don't. For example, they might already be able to see flights that are booked that far out. Having one has been really helpful, as they do this for a living. Plus this way, all our guests have to do is call her to arrange everything. Much fewer phone calls to the FI and me :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users