Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#2121 chiquita8302

chiquita8302
  • Newbie
  • 115 posts

    Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

    So glad to hear things are going your way... Have a GREAT trip, congratulations!!!

    Originally Posted by TheWolferts 
     

     

    These are super cute!!! These are the type of projects that I can't wait to work on... I love this stuff! And it's such an easy way to add a personal touch! :)

    Originally Posted by AllieH 

    I started some of my DIY projects today, and started with the small one: adding little flags to my striped straws. I have light blue & white, as well as these orange & white ones. I finished the blue ones and started on the orange, and that's when the adhesive ran out. These will go on the bar to be served with the beverages during the dinner/reception. 

     

     

     

    e orange, anIMG_4910.jpgd then ran ou

     

     



    #2122 Jillsepher

    Jillsepher
    • Newbie
    • 92 posts

      Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

      Hey Chiquita! We are still keeping all of the traditional stuff. We are having the cake cutting at Cocotal (small $35 cake for two) then heading to the beach for the reception. I added tiki torches and am bringing my own luminary bags and centerpieces for the small tables. We will have the resort announce us (and still hoping the cold fireworks can be used for this) and having our friend Di with his iPad. I gave him the songs that are a must (first dance, father daughter etc). But a priatr party on the beach is where we will be dancing. I cant walk in heels so its cery fitting for me to be barefoot in the sand :-) Just like Allie said there are no rules with this. You make it what you want. I'm having the photographer for 5 ish hours and getting a ton of disposable cameras for our guests to use to capture the fun. Who has been assigned as your WC?

      #2123 Jillsepher

      Jillsepher
      • Newbie
      • 92 posts

        Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

        And Allie- love your straws! Great way to add a personal touch!

        #2124 chiquita8302

        chiquita8302
        • Newbie
        • 115 posts

          Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

          That sounds good. I read that there was no private music or dancing allowed at Cocotal so I just wasn't sure how that would go. Will the resort announce you as you go into dinner, or for your private party?

           

          I probably sound like a nut, but I just really want to make sure those small details work out! I think your idea with the beach reception makes perfect sense.... after dinner any of the older follks who wouldn't be comfortable standing would be able to go back to their room or decide not to join us, and the rest of us would be standing so that would encourage dancing anyway!

           

          I'm sure between all my friends they could handle DJ'ing with an ipod. Now that I think of it, I have one who stands out as a an exceptional choice for that haha.

           

          I've only been talking to Sarah from Beach Bum so far (I haven't technically even committed to my date yet, as I wanted to be sure that these things would work out the way I hoped before I committed!) but she has been forwarding me e-mails from Valeria. It says that I would be working with both her and a different on-site coordinator when we get there.

           

          Thanks so much girls... I think my vision is coming together... more importantly, I think I can still accomplish one of the big goals of a DW for us (to spend WAY less $$!) and still make sure that I don't miss out on the classic wedding day moments!! :-) :-)

          Originally Posted by Jillsepher 

          Hey Chiquita!
          We are still keeping all of the traditional stuff. We are having the cake cutting at Cocotal (small $35 cake for two) then heading to the beach for the reception. I added tiki torches and am bringing my own luminary bags and centerpieces for the small tables. We will have the resort announce us (and still hoping the cold fireworks can be used for this) and having our friend Di with his iPad. I gave him the songs that are a must (first dance, father daughter etc). But a priatr party on the beach is where we will be dancing. I cant walk in heels so its cery fitting for me to be barefoot in the sand :-)
          Just like Allie said there are no rules with this. You make it what you want. I'm having the photographer for 5 ish hours and getting a ton of disposable cameras for our guests to use to capture the fun.
          Who has been assigned as your WC?


          #2125 mrendic

          mrendic
          • Site Supporter
          • 48 posts

            Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

            Originally Posted by AllieH 

            I started some of my DIY projects today, and started with the small one: adding little flags to my striped straws. I have light blue & white, as well as these orange & white ones. I finished the blue ones and started on the orange, and that's when the adhesive ran out. These will go on the bar to be served with the beverages during the dinner/reception. 

             

             

             

            e orange, anIMG_4910.jpgd then ran ou

             

             

            Hey Allie-

             

            Where did you get the striped straws from? I have been trying to find some pink and white ones and I can't seem to find any that I really like!



            #2126 AllieH

            AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

            Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

            I found them one day on pickyourplum.com - they send out daily deals on various craft supplies or home deco. I think they were 50 for $4 or something silly like that. Way cheaper than I found on any website, and I just got lucky that they were offered in the blue & orange colors that fit perfectly. 

             

            They aren't thin, and feel like decent quality. I've seen them offered a couple of times since I bought them, and pink is usually one of the colors (a soft pink though, not a bright pink or fuschia). 

            Originally Posted by mrendic 

            Hey Allie-

             

            Where did you get the striped straws from? I have been trying to find some pink and white ones and I can't seem to find any that I really like!

             


             

            Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

            Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

            El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

            AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


            #2127 mrendic

            mrendic
            • Site Supporter
            • 48 posts

              Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

              Originally Posted by AllieH 

              I found them one day on pickyourplum.com - they send out daily deals on various craft supplies or home deco. I think they were 50 for $4 or something silly like that. Way cheaper than I found on any website, and I just got lucky that they were offered in the blue & orange colors that fit perfectly. 

               

              They aren't thin, and feel like decent quality. I've seen them offered a couple of times since I bought them, and pink is usually one of the colors (a soft pink though, not a bright pink or fuschia). 

               

              Thanks sooo much! I'll keep my eye out



              #2128 AllieH

              AllieH
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 2,014 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
              • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

              Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:51 PM

              Yeah, so the tape runner adhesive didn't hold them - very unusual, since it's usually very tacky and works great on paper. I had to resort to diamond glaze to stick the straw flags together. just thought I'd share my DIY learning experiences! lol

              Originally Posted by mrendic 

              Thanks sooo much! I'll keep my eye out

               

               

              My FI has declared that if I expect him to dance with me at our wedding, then we need to take dance lessons. As in, he thinks we should have some sort of choreography for our first dance, so we don't look silly out there. Uhm, I'm find shuffling from foot to foot and swaying to the music... 

               

               

              soooo first songs that are nice and slow and a good rhythm for a waltz? I have no clue... 

               


               

              Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

              Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

              El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

              AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome


              #2129 mrendic

              mrendic
              • Site Supporter
              • 48 posts

                Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

                SOOOOO... I did a boudoir shoot a couple of days ago as a wedding present for the FI, I am so anxious to see how the pictures turned out. *fingers crossed*. Is anyone else doing a boudoir book? What is everyone doing for wedding gifts?



                #2130 Stina9562

                Stina9562
                • Newbie
                • 129 posts

                  Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

                  Originally Posted by mrendic 

                  SOOOOO... I did a boudoir shoot a couple of days ago as a wedding present for the FI, I am so anxious to see how the pictures turned out. *fingers crossed*. Is anyone else doing a boudoir book? What is everyone doing for wedding gifts?

                   I did this for my husband with a card. He loved it!




                  Back to Destination Wedding in Riviera Maya, Cancun & surrounding areas


                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users