Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#201 ctpetch

ctpetch
  • Newbie
  • 130 posts

    Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:43 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by timelsel
    Here's what we found out from Valeria regarding El Cocotal: Each night has a theme night. She can send you the menu for your particular night. My daughter didn't care for the choices and was allowed to choose las Fuentes for their dinner. Valeria can send you the menus for that restaurant also. (I'd attach them, but I don't know how.) You can PM me for the menus if you would like.
    So where you happy with the dinner at las Fuentes. We have the gourmet night at El Cocotal's since it is thursday night. I'm not sure what to do. How about the setting in the 2 restaurants? I think I will send an email to get the other menu choice for las Fuentes too.

    #202 ctpetch

    ctpetch
    • Newbie
    • 130 posts

      Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:51 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by jfwolfe72
      I'm working on this as I type! Here's what I plan on using as our program - I have to send them to my invitation girl this week! I'm basically sticking with the format that the minister sent to me. I just can't figure out if I want to do the sand ceremony, though, or the Unity candle thing. I'd like to do the sand ceremony since it's unique, but we'll be getting married in the chapel. I'm also trying to figure out where to stick in the Somewhere over the Rainbow song. Should I do this during the sand ceremony/unity ceremony or after the recessional?

      Prelude
      “Air on a G String”
      -Bach

      Seating of the Mothers
      “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring”
      -Bach

      Bride’s Processional
      “Canon in D”
      -Pachelbel

      “Somewhere over the Rainbow”
      - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

      Gathering Words

      Opening Prayer

      Reflection about Marriage and Love

      Charge to the Couple

      Scripture Reading

      Declaration of Consent

      Exchange of Vows

      Presentation and Exchange of Rings

      Lighting of the Unity Candle / or Sand Ceremony
      “Guitar Concerto in D. Major, Largo”
      -Vivaldi
      --OR—
      “Romance in F”
      -Beethoven

      Final Prayer

      Presentation of the Couple

      Recessional
      “Spring from the Four Seasons”
      -Vivaldi

      Thank you for the program. Now everything in quotations is the songs that you had during that part of the ceremony. The rest is the standard program?

      #203 MelanieS

      MelanieS
      • Member
      • 820 posts

        Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:12 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by ctpetch
        So where you happy with the dinner at las Fuentes. We have the gourmet night at El Cocotal's since it is thursday night. I'm not sure what to do. How about the setting in the 2 restaurants? I think I will send an email to get the other menu choice for las Fuentes too.
        We haven't been there yet as my daugter's wdding is in May, so can't help you out regarding how we liked the food served at either restaurant. The main reason she chose Fuentes over Cocotal was the menu choices for the night of her wedding.

        #204 Melba

        Melba
        • Newbie
        • 132 posts

          Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:22 AM

          I heard that they have the portable wooden walkway available, however its 100 usd, which includes a jute runner in any color you prefer.

          Ugh, I really wanted this walkway but I don't want to pay $100 for the 30 seconds it takes me to walk down and then back on it.

          #205 jfwolfe72

          jfwolfe72
          • Jr. Member
          • 433 posts

            Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:39 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ctpetch
            Thank you for the program. Now everything in quotations is the songs that you had during that part of the ceremony. The rest is the standard program?
            Here's the original program (is it the same as others you've received?). I added the music and the Unity Ceremony part, but I think everything else is pretty standard:

            MARRIAGE CELEBRATION:

            GATHERING WORDS

            OPENING PRAYER

            REFLECTION ABOUT MARRIAGE AND LOVE

            CHARGE TO THE COUPLE

            SCRIPTURE OR POEM READING

            DECLARATION OF CONSENT

            EXCHANGE OF VOWS (STANDARD OR OWN VOWS)

            PRESENTATION AND EXCHANGE OF RINGS

            FINAL BLESSING OR PRAYER

            PRONOUNCEMENT OF HUSBAND AND WIFE - KISS

            INTRODUCTION OF COUPLE AS HUSBAND AND WIFE

            #206 MelanieS

            MelanieS
            • Member
            • 820 posts

              Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:03 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Melba
              I heard that they have the portable wooden walkway available, however its 100 usd, which includes a jute runner in any color you prefer.

              Ugh, I really wanted this walkway but I don't want to pay $100 for the 30 seconds it takes me to walk down and then back on it.
              On February 3, Valeria told me the wooden walkway is not available:

              "We do not have a wooden runner available, but for 40 usd I can offer you a colored runner, and we can spread rose petals on it for 100.00usd extra".

              I've read on here that some girls put their colored runner over the red one that comes with the gazebo package to give more stability in walking.

              #207 MrsV-to-be

              MrsV-to-be
              • Member
              • 554 posts

                Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

                Question: is anyone, or has anyone used the DJ available for their reception?
                i was planning on just using my ipod, but my fiancee seems to think we won't have time to download and organize all the music.
                But I'm worried that the DJ won't have the type of music we want (which is a mix: oldies, country, top 40, hip hop and dance)

                Any advice?

                #208 Melba

                Melba
                • Newbie
                • 132 posts

                  Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:50 PM

                  We're using the ipod. I've been keeping a list of songs I need to get to put on my ipod, a set for eating dinner, our song, and then songs to dance too. I figured by the time you'd do your must play list and explain to the DJ what you want, you can just do it yourself.

                  I'm going to try to enlist a friend to making sure good music is playing.

                  #209 MrsV-to-be

                  MrsV-to-be
                  • Member
                  • 554 posts

                    Posted 07 March 2008 - 01:56 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Melba
                    We're using the ipod. I've been keeping a list of songs I need to get to put on my ipod, a set for eating dinner, our song, and then songs to dance too. I figured by the time you'd do your must play list and explain to the DJ what you want, you can just do it yourself.

                    I'm going to try to enlist a friend to making sure good music is playing.
                    see that's what I thought I would do too - but FI insists that he knows I will be spend hours fiddling to get the best order of songs and then I would spend the whole reception fiddling with it and he would much rather get the DJ...I disagree with him () but thought I would humor him and find more info on using the DJ

                    #210 pryzeless

                    pryzeless
                    • Member
                    • 614 posts

                      Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

                      I plan on using an ipod. I have a question about song order, do you eat and then dance or is it eat, dance, eat, dance etc.?




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users