Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#2031 AllieH

AllieH
  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
  • 2,014 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

I like the idea of breakfast in bed the day OF the wedding. that's a good idea! geez, what would I do without you gals? 

I think muesli is some sort of oat/granola/cereal thing. that's what the pics looked like when I googled it. 

Originally Posted by Jillsepher 

And what the heck is muesli with walnuts anyone?! It seems to be on all of the breakfast in bed options and I have no clue what it is!

I guess we could try to find our own floating/water lanterns - a quick google/ebay search didn't reveal anything that looked very pretty though. I'll keep looking though. 

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#2032 jnitschke

jnitschke
  • 251 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jillsepher 

My FI asked me today if we were doing the Chinese wishing lanterns. Those are the ones that your guests write well wishes and prayers on them light them and they float up I to the air. He got the idea from The Hangover II and I do like the idea of it. However, Lomas offers them at $20 a pop. I found some on eBay for like $20 for 10! Do you think they would let me bring my own?

I was totally thinking that I want them too... let me know what your WC tells you.

#2033 AllieH

AllieH
    • 2,014 posts
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

I chatted with Claudia today and asked about these. She said that EDR doesn't allow them b/c of the number of structures they have with the palapa roofs that can easily catch on fire. She said to ask your WC again though, so she can check again with the resort.

Originally Posted by jnitschke 

I was totally thinking that I want them too... let me know what your WC tells you.

I also learned that we can do a red velvet, carrot or hazelnut cake - for an extra charge depending on the size of the cake. And they can do buttercream frosting. I'm thinking if we do a couple of smaller cakes vs. a tiered wedding cake, we can get the buttercream. I'd rather do that than have a crappy fondant cake anyway.

She also talked with Natalia about the sheers hanging in Tucanes - gave me an outrageous price of $600 for 4 - 2 white and 2 colors based on the labor to hang them. Well, at least I know the price tag now.

So proof is the chat feature works if you're impatient like I am, waiting to hear from your WC..  :)

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

#2034 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
    • 458 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

What was the additional fee for the red velvet or carrot cake?

Originally Posted by AllieH 

I chatted with Claudia today and asked about these. She said that EDR doesn't allow them b/c of the number of structures they have with the palapa roofs that can easily catch on fire. She said to ask your WC again though, so she can check again with the resort.

I also learned that we can do a red velvet, carrot or hazelnut cake - for an extra charge depending on the size of the cake. And they can do buttercream frosting. I'm thinking if we do a couple of smaller cakes vs. a tiered wedding cake, we can get the buttercream. I'd rather do that than have a crappy fondant cake anyway.

She also talked with Natalia about the sheers hanging in Tucanes - gave me an outrageous price of $600 for 4 - 2 white and 2 colors based on the labor to hang them. Well, at least I know the price tag now.

So proof is the chat feature works if you're impatient like I am, waiting to hear from your WC..  :)

#2035 AllieH

AllieH
      • 2,014 posts
      • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 27 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

she wouldn't give me a quote. she said I'd have to ask Natalia, and it was based on the size of the cake.

Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

What was the additional fee for the red velvet or carrot cake?

#2036 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
      • 458 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Thanks.

This wedding needs to get here fast! I keep thinking of little additional things to do or add on and I am driving myself crazy!

We leave next Sunday and I think I have "weddingitis"! LOL it's the term I have been using to refer to my tendency to not want to focus on anything else but wedding things until we leave! Hence my writing this at work in the middle of the work day

she wouldn't give me a quote. she said I'd have to ask Natalia, and it was based on the size of the cake.

#2037 AllieH

AllieH
        • 2,014 posts
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Who can blame you? Heck, I was the one chatting with Lomas at work, and my wedding is still 6 months out. So soon now for you!!!!!!! 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

Thanks.

This wedding needs to get here fast! I keep thinking of little additional things to do or add on and I am driving myself crazy!

We leave next Sunday and I think I have "weddingitis"! LOL it's the term I have been using to refer to my tendency to not want to focus on anything else but wedding things until we leave! Hence my writing this at work in the middle of the work day

#2038 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
        • 458 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Just picked up my dress and my fiance just picked up his suite from the tailors... they are both perfect!!!

We head to Mexico next weekend

#2039 AllieH

AllieH
          • 2,014 posts
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Just picked up my dress and my fiance just picked up his suite from the tailors... they are both perfect!!!

We head to Mexico next weekend

#2040 Jillsepher

Jillsepher
          • 92 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:06 PM

So jealous you will be there so soon! I know it will be phenomenal! I know I read somewhere that if you have outside guests but are holding a private event that their fee to get into EDR is waived but now I can't find it. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm just talking about the day of the wedding itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users