Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#191 brigopens

brigopens
  • 247 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:14 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ctpetch
    I'm still trying to figure out programs for the ceremony. I'm not sure if they have a standard outline at the resort, so I can make one up or not. Does anyone have any ideas?

Any recommendations if any are doing the free wedding package on the dinner at El cocotal. What menu & food choices they suggest. Als what about a cake. I hear very good just don't remember what someone suggest before.

Thanks for the help

They gave me a standard ceremony via email prior to going down there. I was told that I could change it up a bit and did so before heading down there. We got a copy to the minister prior to heading down so he could review it.

We added 2 guest readers, and had changed a few things around with order, etc... It went pretty well, but to be honest, they are so used to doing things their own way, that some of it just reverted back to the standard on the actual day.

My advice would be to make any big changes you want but to leave the basic ceremony intact. It actually is pretty nice. The groom will have a few minutes once he shows up to talk with and go over how things need to go.

I based my program format around the ceremony they sent out to me and it went well. If anyone wants to see what mine looked like laid out in Word, let me know your email address.
    Our Bridal Party in Mexico

#192 brigopens

brigopens
    • 247 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:17 AM

Quote:
      Any recommendations if any are doing the free wedding package on the dinner at El cocotal. What menu & food choices they suggest. Als what about a cake. I hear very good just don't remember what someone suggest before.

Thanks for the help
      We did El Cocotal mostly because of the location. It was the only time we ate there, and it was the least impressed I was with food the entire trip. Not sure if it was because they served 50 of us at once, or it was just the restaurant itself.

My wife and I much prefered the other restaurant, I think las Fuentes, that was offered and looking back over the menus, I would choose that over El COcotal for sure...

For cake, we just had a small (4-6 person) vanilla cake with white icing, at our reception and it was absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

#193 brigopens

brigopens
      • 247 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:20 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by nolaroy724
        I know we have discussed the ceremony music before and some of you are using live music and some of you used or will use the cd player. Honestly, for those who have used the cd player, how did it sound?

I'm afraid of bad sound quality, not playing the right song at the right time, I guess the usual concerns most have with this topic. We absolutely do not have it in our budget to pay for a musician.
        We used our iPod hooked into their sound system and things went very well. I thought the sound quaity was great.

If you put the songs on in order, there shouldn't be any problems with playign them. They had someone in charge of the sound system, but we had one of our friends, the AV guy... :-) , watching over to make sure it was going like we wanted it to.

Used the same set-up at the ceremony, and they let our DJ friend just take complete control fo the set list. I can't imagine spending all the extra money for live music at the ceremony. maybe at the reception if you really have your heart set on it!

#194 jfwolfe72

jfwolfe72
        • 433 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

Quote:
          I'm still trying to figure out programs for the ceremony. I'm not sure if they have a standard outline at the resort, so I can make one up or not. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for the help
          I'm working on this as I type! Here's what I plan on using as our program - I have to send them to my invitation girl this week! I'm basically sticking with the format that the minister sent to me. I just can't figure out if I want to do the sand ceremony, though, or the Unity candle thing. I'd like to do the sand ceremony since it's unique, but we'll be getting married in the chapel. I'm also trying to figure out where to stick in the Somewhere over the Rainbow song. Should I do this during the sand ceremony/unity ceremony or after the recessional?

Prelude
          “Air on a G String”
          -Bach

Seating of the Mothers
          “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring”
          -Bach

Bride’s Processional
          “Canon in D”
          -Pachelbel

“Somewhere over the Rainbow”
          - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

Gathering Words

Opening Prayer

Reflection about Marriage and Love

Charge to the Couple

Scripture Reading

Declaration of Consent

Exchange of Vows

Presentation and Exchange of Rings

Lighting of the Unity Candle / or Sand Ceremony
          “Guitar Concerto in D. Major, Largo”
          -Vivaldi
          --OR—
          “Romance in F”
          -Beethoven

Final Prayer

Presentation of the Couple

Recessional
          “Spring from the Four Seasons”
          -Vivaldi

#195 MelanieS

MelanieS
          • 820 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:12 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by brigopens
            We did El Cocotal mostly because of the location. It was the only time we ate there, and it was the least impressed I was with food the entire trip. Not sure if it was because they served 50 of us at once, or it was just the restaurant itself.

My wife and I much prefered the other restaurant, I think las Fuentes, that was offered and looking back over the menus, I would choose that over El COcotal for sure...

For cake, we just had a small (4-6 person) vanilla cake with white icing, at our reception and it was absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Here's what we found out from Valeria regarding El Cocotal: Each night has a theme night. She can send you the menu for your particular night. My daughter didn't care for the choices and was allowed to choose las Fuentes for their dinner. Valeria can send you the menus for that restaurant also. (I'd attach them, but I don't know how.) You can PM me for the menus if you would like.

#196 med32

med32
            • 11 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

Just booked for March 14th 2009, going to be looking for some feedback over the next couple of months!

#197 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
              • 308 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:16 PM

Quote:
                We used our iPod hooked into their sound system and things went very well. I thought the sound quaity was great.

If you put the songs on in order, there shouldn't be any problems with playign them. They had someone in charge of the sound system, but we had one of our friends, the AV guy... :-) , watching over to make sure it was going like we wanted it to.

Used the same set-up at the ceremony, and they let our DJ friend just take complete control fo the set list. I can't imagine spending all the extra money for live music at the ceremony. maybe at the reception if you really have your heart set on it!
                Whew, that makes me feel a lot better. The music is really important to me.

#198 ctpetch

ctpetch
                • 130 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:23 AM

Quote:
                  They gave me a standard ceremony via email prior to going down there. I was told that I could change it up a bit and did so before heading down there. We got a copy to the minister prior to heading down so he could review it.

We added 2 guest readers, and had changed a few things around with order, etc... It went pretty well, but to be honest, they are so used to doing things their own way, that some of it just reverted back to the standard on the actual day.

My advice would be to make any big changes you want but to leave the basic ceremony intact. It actually is pretty nice. The groom will have a few minutes once he shows up to talk with and go over how things need to go.

I based my program format around the ceremony they sent out to me and it went well. If anyone wants to see what mine looked like laid out in Word, let me know your email address.

That would be great if you could email me the program. If you have an image of the outside too, that would be great. Someone sent me one prior but never the inside of the standard ceremony. If you could email it to me or anyone else who has one please send it to me at ftw6769@aol.com

thanks for the help

#199 ctpetch

ctpetch
                  • 130 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:34 AM

Quote:

So the food you were not impressed with at El Cocotal's. How about the atmosphere of the two places. We are thinking of doing the mexican party the night before ceremony and after ceremony do the free dinner. I was trying to save on doing a private reception since we only have 16 people & few guest are friends of friends. Plus we are having a reception when we get home for 180 people. I thought we would just do an excursion for our guest going to Mexico instead.

#200 ctpetch

ctpetch
                    • 130 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:37 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by med32
                      Just booked for March 14th 2009, going to be looking for some feedback over the next couple of months!
                      Congradulations! You will find this site is very helpful. No matter what questions you have or looking for ideas this is the place. Everyone is willing to share their ideas & experiences. You will meet alot of great people on here. Good Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users