Jump to content

Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
4882 replies to this topic

#1931 TheWolferts

TheWolferts
  • Jr. Member
  • 458 posts

    Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:54 PM

    Anyone else having issues deciding on music for their ceremony or reception? My fiance just does not seem like he cares one way or another what our first dance is to, which kinda hurts my feelings

     

    I seem to be putting a lot more stock into the music, but I dont want to make any decisions on something I find so important without him... anyone else going through this?



    #1932 Stina9562

    Stina9562
    • Newbie
    • 129 posts

      Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

      Yes, that is me. I am going through all my music adding some last minute music. I think he has decided just to show up

      Anyone else having issues deciding on music for their ceremony or reception? My fiance just does not seem like he cares one way or another what our first dance is to, which kinda hurts my feelings

       

      I seem to be putting a lot more stock into the music, but I dont want to make any decisions on something I find so important without him... anyone else going through this?



       



      #1933 Stina9562

      Stina9562
      • Newbie
      • 129 posts

        Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

        I do leave soon! Exactly a week a way! I am on a mission to find a beach bag this weekend. I have slowly been packing up things.


         

        Just curious, I have looked on website but does anyone know off hand if there in a iron in the room?

        Originally Posted by AllieH 

        updated EDR Brides list! 

         

        Stina9562 – April 20, 2012

        Amanda50388 – April 30, 2012

        TheWolforts – May 12, 2012

        Msbritbrit57 – May 19, 2012

        ElDorado2012 – June 30, 2012

        ONEILL12 – September 15, 2012

        Jillsepher – October 11, 2012

        Allie H – November 5, 2012

        Feb 2013 - February 15, 2013

        JNitschke - May 25, 2013

         

        Stina! You leave soon!!! 

         

        Jennifer - I really wasn't thinking about lighting the paper lanterns. My assumption was Tucanes will have enough lights that we won't need to light them (and I'm still hoping Tucanes will be available for us). 

         

        Jessica - what are your thoughts on that since you've been to the venue? (and thank you again for the insider info!!!)

         

        Ashley - thank you for sending me the template for your programs. Very much appreciated!! 

         

         



         



        #1934 murmel

        murmel
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 1,407 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

        Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:41 AM



        Originally Posted by Stina9562 

        I do leave soon! Exactly a week a way! I am on a mission to find a beach bag this weekend. I have slowly been packing up things.


         

        Just curious, I have looked on website but does anyone know off hand if there in a iron in the room?

        Yes, there is an iron in the room and a small ironing board (the type that sits on a table)
         

        Originally Posted by TheWolferts 

        Anyone else having issues deciding on music for their ceremony or reception? My fiance just does not seem like he cares one way or another what our first dance is to, which kinda hurts my feelings

         

        I seem to be putting a lot more stock into the music, but I dont want to make any decisions on something I find so important without him... anyone else going through this?

        We had a hard time figuring out music too. Although we ended up sitting down for an hour to decide on ceremony music (what he walked down the aisle, what I walked down the aisle, signing the papers, walking out) and our first dance. The first dance was tricky...since we really didn't have a "song".

        Here's my list: (maybe that will help)

         

        Grooms entrance- Feeling Good, by MUSE (there are also versions by Sinatra, Micheal Buble)

        Brides entrance- Wild Horses, The Sundays

        Register signing- Juliet, by Royal Wood

        Bridal party exit- Sleepy Maggie, by Ashley MacIsaac (we're both from the east coast of Canada....)

        First Dance- The Best is Yet to Come, by Micheal Buble
         

         


        Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

         

        Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

         

        Official Azul Sensatori thread:

        http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

         

        Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

        http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


        #1935 Jillsepher

        Jillsepher
        • Newbie
        • 92 posts

          Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

          Did you find anything for the girl/guy excursions? We were thinking of having a girl/guy day too but have no idea what to do.

          Have you guys looked into all girl/ guy excursions? Looking for basically something under 50 a person, but fun! Last thing to plan for Mexico....Ps I am bringing my own sashes, table runners... I bought them online at smarthadaparty.com   awesome website and good quality for the price.....Is anyone else doing an at home reception or getting married in August 2012?



          #1936 TheWolferts

          TheWolferts
          • Jr. Member
          • 458 posts

            Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

            Several guests at my cousins wedding went on a jet ski/snorkel "tour", so they basically rented jet skis at Maroma Beach and had fun on those for a couple of hours as well as snorkeled. They said the snorkeling was great!
             

            Originally Posted by Jillsepher 

            Did you find anything for the girl/guy excursions? We were thinking of having a girl/guy day too but have no idea what to do.


             



            #1937 Hrherin26

            Hrherin26
            • Newbie
            • 2 posts

              Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

              I heard the presidential is BEAUTIFUL. I chose Gazebo 55 simply because it holds more people, but has the same privacy as the Presidential Gazebo. :)



              #1938 mrendic

              mrendic
              • Site Supporter
              • 48 posts

                Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:29 PM



                Originally Posted by AllieH 

                updated EDR Brides list! 

                 

                Stina9562 – April 20, 2012

                Amanda50388 – April 30, 2012

                TheWolforts – May 12, 2012

                Msbritbrit57 – May 19, 2012

                ElDorado2012 – June 30, 2012

                ONEILL12 – September 15, 2012

                Jillsepher – October 11, 2012

                Allie H – November 5, 2012

                Feb 2013 - February 15, 2013

                JNitschke - May 25, 2013

                 

                Stina! You leave soon!!! 

                 

                Jennifer - I really wasn't thinking about lighting the paper lanterns. My assumption was Tucanes will have enough lights that we won't need to light them (and I'm still hoping Tucanes will be available for us). 

                 

                Jessica - what are your thoughts on that since you've been to the venue? (and thank you again for the insider info!!!)

                 

                Ashley - thank you for sending me the template for your programs. Very much appreciated!! 

                 

                 



                June 9th, 2012 :) 

                 

                When I asked Valeria about lighting the lanterns she said to do it if I can "to add illumination to tucanes", she said that tucanes has blue LED lights and modern chandeliers but that additional illumination is recommended. Here is a photo she sent with the actual lights that are already there.

                 Tucanes bar under a palapa.JPG



                #1939 ONEILL12

                ONEILL12
                • Newbie
                • 23 posts

                  Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

                  Stina, you are getting married at the Presidential Gazebo aren't you? Is there a north and a south one? I've seen pictures of a presidential gazebo that looks like it is lined on one side with bushes or trees. We currently have our ceremony booked for D'ITALIA Gazebo but have the option to change it to the Presidential. Valeria said it is the one that is south of the casitas section and not too far from the Fuentes Gazebo. Do you know which one she's talking about?



                  #1940 TheWolferts

                  TheWolferts
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 458 posts

                    Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:00 AM

                    One month to go until the Big Day!

                     

                    25 days until we leave... I cant believe it's so close!!!   <-- jumping for joy!






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users