jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

I was told for 40-50 guests my options were:

Ceremony:

Options are Gazebo 55, Gazebo Blanco and Faisanes

and

Reception:

Also white gazebo, Tucanes, Salon Royale,

Hmmmmm ...............

Any photos of these? To the girls who go, can you take lots of pictures :) tee hee.

I havent even hear of Gazebo Blanco

Would one of you lucky ladies who are about to have their weddings in the next days/weeks, try to go see the presidential gazebo? I have pics from the forum and from Monica, but I keep freaking out about it for some reason since I've never been there and not too many EDR brides have been getting married there. I know you will be busy having the times of your lives, but if you find the time to take a quick peek I'd love to know what you think!

Good luck everyone!!!

We'll be down there for a week startig May 16. I'll try to take a picture of it and check it out for you. It's not listed on the map, so I'll ask where it's located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelsel View Post
We'll be down there for a week startig May 16. I'll try to take a picture of it and check it out for you. It's not listed on the map, so I'll ask where it's located.
We'll be there May13-20- so I'll try and do the same! :)

FYI - I received this info about Gaviotas:

The Hotel has informed me that due to a couple of incidents at Gaviotas Bar Private cocktail parties, they are cancelling all private events held in this location.

A private cocktail pary was held there (Gaviotas) a few days ago, and since the Hotel was fully booked, clients that were making a little time in between a drink and dinner took over Gaviotas ( a group of 15 people that weren't invited to the cocktail) this was very uncomfortable for group guests paying extra to have this cocktail at Gaviotas, but as you know Gaviotas is not fully closed just for your event, but other guests can take the seats on the left side of the bar, and have drinks even standing up.

The Hotel has built an Sky Palapa, is located next door from Gaviotas, this will be a Fully Private Cocktail event, with bar set up, and the same breathtaking ocean view as in Gaviotas. This was we will be able to not interrupt your cocktail party and have enough privacy for your event. The location is beautiful and I'm sure you will enjoy it very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melba View Post

The Hotel has informed me that due to a couple of incidents at Gaviotas Bar Private cocktail parties, they are cancelling all private events held in this location.

A private cocktail pary was held there (Gaviotas) a few days ago, and since the Hotel was fully booked, clients that were making a little time in between a drink and dinner took over Gaviotas ( a group of 15 people that weren't invited to the cocktail) this was very uncomfortable for group guests paying extra to have this cocktail at Gaviotas, but as you know Gaviotas is not fully closed just for your event, but other guests can take the seats on the left side of the bar, and have drinks even standing up.

The Hotel has built an Sky Palapa, is located next door from Gaviotas, this will be a Fully Private Cocktail event, with bar set up, and the same breathtaking ocean view as in Gaviotas. This was we will be able to not interrupt your cocktail party and have enough privacy for your event. The location is beautiful and I'm sure you will enjoy it very much.
What time is gaviotos open for others. What about if I'm having a private dinner reception. I hope I'm not going to have a problem with people being at the bar while we are paying to have this. I have not heard anything about the change to Sky Palapa. Isn't Gaviotos only open until 6pm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melba View Post

Valeria sent me this yesterday, also, with pictures of the Sky Palapa. I really loved Gaviotas, and hadn't heard any brides on this forum talk about being bombarded by another group, but obviously, this happened and complaints were made. So, I'm glad they are being proactive about it! I told her it would be fine to change it to the Sky Palapa.

Tracy - you definitely want to check with Monica- I would have thought she should have gotten in touch with you- Valeria called me 3 times yesterday trying to talk about it over the phone, since it was a change in plans... I was just planning on having a cocktail party there- not a sitdown dinner- so it might be that it is different for a sitdown dinner....I wouldn't think anyone would approach the bar if it was obviously set up with a sit-down dinner?!?!?

Here are the pics of the Sky Palapa that Valeria sent me....It actually looks like a good place for a cocktail hour for a smaller group- but Tracy, not sure they could even do a sitdown dinner here!??!?!? Don't know if any former brides have any input?

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon View Post
We'll be there May13-20- so I'll try and do the same! :)
Thanks ladies. Monica told me it is in front of the Presidential suite, which I think is on the opposite side from the Casitas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolaroy724 View Post
Thanks ladies. Monica told me it is in front of the Presidential suite, which I think is on the opposite side from the Casitas.
That should make it fairly close to Gazebo 55 then. Anything else you need us to look at for you?