Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

The pier was open when we were there, but we weren't really given the option to have the reception there.  I agree with Allie, the sandbags aren't an issue.  Plus you can watch the fish that gather there from the pier.  If you're thinking about setting up there though, make sure you consider wind when planning your centerpieces.  If you get a windy day like we had certain centerpieces might not work.  They do hang some curtainy drapes along the pier, but I wouldn't count on them to be much of a wind blocker.  A nice thing about it would be that the air will move and it will be less hot than under Tucannes where we were.  Also, the pier is pretty close to JoJos, so you might get a bit more foot traffic from other guests going by, but that might not really be an issue, people usually keep out of the private events.  I liked the attention I got walking around all dressed up in my bridal gear.  There's also the bathroom right near JoJos there, so that's a good thing to keep in mind too.  I think the pier would be nice for a smaller group. It is more narrow than the other spaces, so I think maybe a single long table might be a nice set up on there...but that's just my opinion.   They were in the process of remodeling JoJos when we left, so that whole area might be really nice now.  If you look at Sarani's blog or pinterest boards she has lots of pictures she's done at EDR and she likes using the pier for some of the pics, I bet you could find some good pier shots on there too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenniferM View Post
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AllieH

 

I think our party will be about 50ppl. So I wonder if that will be too many people.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post
 

the pier is pretty good sized - how big will your party be? I'll take some more pics for you when we are down there. 

 

we didn't see sand on the pier at all, if it's there, it's been tracked there from people walking. but they'd sweep it for an event! 

 

they probably wouldn't let you fish off the pier, since people are swimming around the area. however, they do like to say "in Mexico, anything is possible"! so ask at the activity hut. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info. Do you think Tucanes will be really hot at the end of April? I've heard a couple people mention that there is very little breeze and it gets super hot. Also are there bathrooms close by to Tucanes? The more I plan the more I realize that there is so much I haven't even thought of lol.

 

Thanks for the info on Sarani's blog too. That's prolly going to be a great resource :D

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post
The pier was open when we were there, but we weren't really given the option to have the reception there.  I agree with Allie, the sandbags aren't an issue.  Plus you can watch the fish that gather there from the pier.  If you're thinking about setting up there though, make sure you consider wind when planning your centerpieces.  If you get a windy day like we had certain centerpieces might not work.  They do hang some curtainy drapes along the pier, but I wouldn't count on them to be much of a wind blocker.  A nice thing about it would be that the air will move and it will be less hot than under Tucannes where we were.  Also, the pier is pretty close to JoJos, so you might get a bit more foot traffic from other guests going by, but that might not really be an issue, people usually keep out of the private events.  I liked the attention I got walking around all dressed up in my bridal gear.  There's also the bathroom right near JoJos there, so that's a good thing to keep in mind too.  I think the pier would be nice for a smaller group. It is more narrow than the other spaces, so I think maybe a single long table might be a nice set up on there...but that's just my opinion.   They were in the process of remodeling JoJos when we left, so that whole area might be really nice now.  If you look at Sarani's blog or pinterest boards she has lots of pictures she's done at EDR and she likes using the pier for some of the pics, I bet you could find some good pier shots on there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and does anyone know about the kayaking and paddle boats that are advertised on their website? Are there really paddle boats and where do you put in at? Don't the sandbags get in the way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferM View Post
 

 

Our wedding was at the end of April, it is hot, but not like dripping sweat hot, but you are in Mexico.We got married later in the evening at 5:00pm and then took pictures with Sarani and reception was 6:30-10:30pm. There are bathrooms real close by, which are right next to La Isla and not a far walk at all, which was awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a high of 87degrees on our wedding day.  Our ceremony was at 6 and the reception was at 7.... we weren't hot out at the beach at all because of the breeze... and it wasn't sweltering under Tucanes, but I was "swimming" in my wedding dress, which was a light chiffon dress... so I think a heavier dress might be a bit unbearable, just my opinion though.   A couple of people were a bit hot while dancing... but, it wasn't a problem at all. 

 

There are bathrooms right next to Tucanes.  Tucanes is directly behind La Isla, which has bathrooms facing Tucanes..so they are very close.  No worries there.  People also like Tucanes in that it was not far from our rooms in bldgs 6,7, and 8... so a couple people could run up to their room quickly when they needed something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenniferM View Post
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey ladies, A bit off topic, but does anyone know what TYPE of organza sheers the resort uses, or what type other brides have used in the gazebos? We're thinking of buying our own, but I have found both MIRROR and CRYSTAL organza. I see the difference, but does anyone know which one looks better on the gazebo? I'm trying to make it match as closely as possible to the resort's look. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonom2d3 View Post

Hey ladies,
A bit off topic, but does anyone know what TYPE of organza sheers the resort uses, or what type other brides have used in the gazebos? We're thinking of buying our own, but I have found both MIRROR and CRYSTAL organza. I see the difference, but does anyone know which one looks better on the gazebo? I'm trying to make it match as closely as possible to the resort's look. Thanks!

I'm not sure, but you could ask your WC? We bought and brought ours. They were tulle, because it was the cheapest, and they cost us a total of like $40. I was really unsure/nervous about how it'd work out, but I was actually really happy with how the used them.

 

*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info! I love your setup! We're getting married at Gazebo 55, so we'll probably have them hanging over the sides and tied towards the bottom. Your sheers are setup beautifully. I asked our WC about them, and all I've been able to get out of her was the size and that she recommends "organza". A little more prying will probably get me farther :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferM View Post
 

Oh and does anyone know about the kayaking and paddle boats that are advertised on their website? Are there really paddle boats and where do you put in at? Don't the sandbags get in the way?

 

Yes there are paddle boats.  They have a group class thing you can take at 10 am I think.  My friends tried a few times but they class was always full and they would not let you sign up ahead of time.  I think you can just take them out any other time as long as it is not too windy.  We went snorkeling once and saw NO FISH!   then the next day we saw a ton from the pier but it was too windy so they would not let us snorkel that day.  I think it is is pretty much hit or miss.  We did an excursion for scuba diving and it was AMAZING!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×