Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

I'll definitely keep you posted.

 

Also has anyone had a reception on the pier thingy or know anything about it? I keep seeing pictures but I don't know the name or have any details about it.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

 

Hi Jennifer,

 

I don't know for certain, but I believe they serve all of the dishes. It's a great question to ask!! Will you keep us posted on the answer, if one of other EDR brides doesn't have it for us? I'd like to add that to the official thread info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferM View Post
 

Does anyone know for the BBQ menu that is offered for private events, are all of the items listed included or is it pick and choose? So for example will we need to choose to meats and two veggies, etc.

 

I did the BBQ buffet all of that is including and it was wonderful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post
 

 

I did the BBQ buffet all of that is including and it was wonderful. 

 

Also, I never did a cake or anything because you seriously get a buffet of desserts and the table is filled. Our guest's said it was one of their best meals as well. All the meat came fresh off the grill and the sides were place on one table. If our guests were still hungry they could go up for more, it was really nice having so many options to chose from the steak and mash potatoes were my favorite, but seriously all the food rocked. Below is a picture of the dessert table and across the way the chef's were cooking the meat across the grill and the sides were placed next to the grill.

 

 

 541591_566032092118_143920451_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the pier was just opening when we had our wedding there - it's really pretty! it's right behind Jojo's & the beach bar. it does have a righteous view of the sandbags - but you don't notice those at night. here's my husband sitting at the end of it -it's the only photo I have, but I'll take more when we are there in November. it's a gorgeous pier - would be nice all set up with lights for an evening event over the water. 

 

700

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenniferM View Post
 

I'll definitely keep you posted.

 

Also has anyone had a reception on the pier thingy or know anything about it? I keep seeing pictures but I don't know the name or have any details about it.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

 

Hi Jennifer,

 

I don't know for certain, but I believe they serve all of the dishes. It's a great question to ask!! Will you keep us posted on the answer, if one of other EDR brides doesn't have it for us? I'd like to add that to the official thread info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amanda - YUM!!!!!! 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post
 

 

I did the BBQ buffet all of that is including and it was wonderful. 

 

Also, I never did a cake or anything because you seriously get a buffet of desserts and the table is filled. Our guest's said it was one of their best meals as well. All the meat came fresh off the grill and the sides were place on one table. If our guests were still hungry they could go up for more, it was really nice having so many options to chose from the steak and mash potatoes were my favorite, but seriously all the food rocked. Below is a picture of the dessert table and across the way the chef's were cooking the meat across the grill and the sides were placed next to the grill.

 

 

 541591_566032092118_143920451_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amanda50388

 

Thanks for the info on the BBQ, it sounds perfect :D. I think we are doing just the dessert table as well because neither of us can have milk and they don't make dairy free cakes frown.gif.  I can't seem to open the pictures but that might be because I don't have enough posts or my computer, I'll try another tonight.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post
 

 

Also, I never did a cake or anything because you seriously get a buffet of desserts and the table is filled. Our guest's said it was one of their best meals as well. All the meat came fresh off the grill and the sides were place on one table. If our guests were still hungry they could go up for more, it was really nice having so many options to chose from the steak and mash potatoes were my favorite, but seriously all the food rocked. Below is a picture of the dessert table and across the way the chef's were cooking the meat across the grill and the sides were placed next to the grill.

 

 

 541591_566032092118_143920451_n.jpg

 

 

AllieH

 

I didn't even think about the sandbags but that's a really good point. I saw a picture of the pier on FB with wind blocks and all set up for an event, it was sooo beautiful. Originally I wanted Tucanes but now I switch to the pier. Do you know how many people it fits and if there would be room for dancing etc.? Also the reason why I didn't want a beach reception was sand in the food. Do you know if the sand blows onto the pier that much? Oh and my fiance wants to know if you can fish off the pier?  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

 

the pier was just opening when we had our wedding there - it's really pretty! it's right behind Jojo's & the beach bar. it does have a righteous view of the sandbags - but you don't notice those at night. here's my husband sitting at the end of it -it's the only photo I have, but I'll take more when we are there in November. it's a gorgeous pier - would be nice all set up with lights for an evening event over the water. 

 

LL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieH View Post
 

 

I can't believe your one year will be here before you know it, When do you guys leave for that? We are going to be going next fall because we have a baby boy on the way in January and thought he will be a little bit older by then so we are going to go and enjoy a kids karisma property. I just have been thinking lately how badly I just want to relax in the water at El Dorado Royale, lol!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Karisma has a Generations that is opening up right next to the Royale this December. I believe its just a bit more expensive but includes nanny service and a bunch of other perks.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post
 

 

I can't believe your one year will be here before you know it, When do you guys leave for that? We are going to be going next fall because we have a baby boy on the way in January and thought he will be a little bit older by then so we are going to go and enjoy a kids karisma property. I just have been thinking lately how badly I just want to relax in the water at El Dorado Royale, lol!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferM View Post
 

 

Yeah we have heard about that one. I cant' wait to see the final pictures. We have been to all of the resorts, but the generation's when touring them for our wedding. The only Azul we did not stay at was Azul beach. We want to stay there or at the new generations Riviera Maya one, but who know's we will talk to our travel agent and see, since she goes alot and get's to see them all. 

 

I see you are getting married in April, it is beautiful weather during that time. We stayed in a swim up casita for 10 nights and loved it and the best part no rain any days with the beautiful sun shinning down.Best of luck with all the planning. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the pier is pretty good sized - how big will your party be? I'll take some more pics for you when we are down there. 

 

we didn't see sand on the pier at all, if it's there, it's been tracked there from people walking. but they'd sweep it for an event! 

 

they probably wouldn't let you fish off the pier, since people are swimming around the area. however, they do like to say "in Mexico, anything is possible"! so ask at the activity hut. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenniferM View Post
 

 

AllieH

 

I didn't even think about the sandbags but that's a really good point. I saw a picture of the pier on FB with wind blocks and all set up for an event, it was sooo beautiful. Originally I wanted Tucanes but now I switch to the pier. Do you know how many people it fits and if there would be room for dancing etc.? Also the reason why I didn't want a beach reception was sand in the food. Do you know if the sand blows onto the pier that much? Oh and my fiance wants to know if you can fish off the pier?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Brides! I have a Wally Bag - 66" available - $90 + shipping (US only) The wally bag typically sells for $120-$180. I used this gown bag once to transport my dress from MN to Mexico for our wedding - IT WAS PERFECT!   I was actually able to pack 4 additional maxi dresses, and my husband's wedding attire, plus a few pairs of shoes and some jewelry. I packed the dress the night before we left, and just moments before we left, I zipped the bag and folded it - ready for travel. It comes up with a nice over-the-shoulder strap, making it really easy to carry through the airports. No issues on Delta with the bag as my carry-on - I chose to put in the overhead bin, but the flight attendant did offer to hang it in the closet for me. Once we got to the resort, about 10 hours after I first folded the bag, I unpacked the bag and my dress was perfect - no wrinkles! My dress was mostly lace and had a bit of a train, but it arrived perfectly!  Honestly, this is the best way to travel with your dress! 
    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
  • Topics

×