Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Hi brides! We're Gallardo Films wedding cinematographers at Mayan Riviera. We're a passionate and experienced enterprise, we love make films with beautiful love's stories!    We would like invite you to watch next video about us, what we do and how we do it! Have a good planning!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who's gotten married at EDR.... my WC changed from Alejandro (Alex) to Claudia.  She emailed me for the first time this morning, and boy is she thorough!! Had a ton of questions for me and considerations that I didn't even think about!

 

She's asking me about decorations for Gazebo 55.  I have two white sheers and about 30 chairs.  I know people have not to decorate this space to much, but how little is too little and how much is too much? Considering the two flower hanging things or chair bows? Thoughts??

 

She also asked about the Cocotal dinner which we're having after the ceremony, suggested table runners and votives, think anyone would even notice? What's the atmosphere like there?

 

And finally...timing for the welcome party which we have at 6:30pm, sun will be setting so should i have it in the daytime, maybe 5ish or just have the tikis and candle bags? She didn't mention a cost for those....

 

Don't have a ton to spend either!

 

Help! confused.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by nbateman View Post

 

Anyone who's gotten married at EDR.... my WC changed from Alejandro (Alex) to Claudia.  She emailed me for the first time this morning, and boy is she thorough!! Had a ton of questions for me and considerations that I didn't even think about!

 

She's asking me about decorations for Gazebo 55.  I have two white sheers and about 30 chairs.  I know people have not to decorate this space to much, but how little is too little and how much is too much? Considering the two flower hanging things or chair bows? Thoughts??

 

She also asked about the Cocotal dinner which we're having after the ceremony, suggested table runners and votives, think anyone would even notice? What's the atmosphere like there?

 

And finally...timing for the welcome party which we have at 6:30pm, sun will be setting so should i have it in the daytime, maybe 5ish or just have the tikis and candle bags? She didn't mention a cost for those....

 

Don't have a ton to spend either!

 

Help! confused.gif

I did not pay for sheers but did buy the hanging flowers and they were very pretty.  I brought my own chairbows and they just charged me $1 a chair to put them on which came out tons cheaper than $5 a chair. 

 

We had our welcome dinner at Cocotal and did not do any decorcations and I am not sure if anyone really noticed.  Looking back at pictures they put a large candle in the center.  They put is in the back section of the restaruant.  They were pretty empty for dinner the night we went so it seemed private but it may just have been that night.

 

Where is the welcome party at? We had our reception at tucanes and didnt pay for any of the extra tikis or candle bags....  There seemed to be plenty of light without them.  One thing to keep in mind for the outside party are the bugs... i didnt notice them at all until our reception.  We actually had a few guest go up to the gift shop and buy bug spray.  It may be something you have on the tables or have someone bring with them just in case.  It was one of the very few things that was an issue at our reception and it I could have easily had some bug spray available! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbateman View Post

Anyone who's gotten married at EDR.... my WC changed from Alejandro (Alex) to Claudia.  She emailed me for the first time this morning, and boy is she thorough!! Had a ton of questions for me and considerations that I didn't even think about!

 

She's asking me about decorations for Gazebo 55.  I have two white sheers and about 30 chairs.  I know people have not to decorate this space to much, but how little is too little and how much is too much? Considering the two flower hanging things or chair bows? Thoughts??

 

She also asked about the Cocotal dinner which we're having after the ceremony, suggested table runners and votives, think anyone would even notice? What's the atmosphere like there?

 

And finally...timing for the welcome party which we have at 6:30pm, sun will be setting so should i have it in the daytime, maybe 5ish or just have the tikis and candle bags? She didn't mention a cost for those....

 

Don't have a ton to spend either!

 

Help! confused.gif

 

I had Claudia, and I was super happy with her responsiveness/thoroughness. I had mine at the Presidential Gazebo, which I think is a similar feel, but small location. There are pictures on here somewhere, but we brought our 'sheers' because I couldnt' stomach the $200 price tag PER SHEER to rent it for the 20 minutes that my ceremony was. We were able to buy two for only $80 and just bring them. We also did chair sashes, and again bought/brought them (at sixty cents a chair) as opposed to renting for $4 per chair. Honestly, it's so beautiful there that you don't need a ton. If you decide to bring the in the hanging flowers, you could always bring them after to use as decoration at the reception. I wouldn't worry about decorating for your welcome party. Where are you having it? So you're having your reception/dinner at Cocotal? And you said about 30 people? I think if you wanted to make it stand out a big you could bring in some decorations. We bought our table runners (haha I sound crazy) also from the same website as everything else, and they were only like $6 each or something like that. I think I have a few pictures of Cocotal posted on my Facebook, if you wanted to check, just from our trip. Little votives or seashells or something like that could go a long way. We just had our AHR and used beer bottles wrapped in yard - cheap and easy. Or you coul buy some mason jars/vases at the dollar store and spray paint them for a little color. Pinterest has all sorts of stuff :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

 

 

I had Claudia, and I was super happy with her responsiveness/thoroughness. I had mine at the Presidential Gazebo, which I think is a similar feel, but small location. There are pictures on here somewhere, but we brought our 'sheers' because I couldnt' stomach the $200 price tag PER SHEER to rent it for the 20 minutes that my ceremony was. We were able to buy two for only $80 and just bring them. We also did chair sashes, and again bought/brought them (at sixty cents a chair) as opposed to renting for $4 per chair. Honestly, it's so beautiful there that you don't need a ton. If you decide to bring the in the hanging flowers, you could always bring them after to use as decoration at the reception. I wouldn't worry about decorating for your welcome party. Where are you having it?So you're having your reception/dinner at Cocotal? And you said about 30 people? I think if you wanted to make it stand out a big you could bring in some decorations. We bought our table runners (haha I sound crazy) also from the same website as everything else, and they were only like $6 each or something like that. I think I have a few pictures of Cocotal posted on my Facebook, if you wanted to check, just from our trip. Little votives or seashells or something like that could go a long way. We just had our AHR and used beer bottles wrapped in yard - cheap and easy. Or you coul buy some mason jars/vases at the dollar store and spray paint them for a little color. Pinterest has all sorts of stuff :)

I agree with Lindsey you do not need that much decorations for anything, it just looks so beautiful on its own. We kept it real simple and used our hanging flowers for our table and bought stuff from the dollar store (candles) to use and then didn't keep them after. It looked nice and added extra touch with not spending too much money and made for lighter travel on the way home. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I wanted to pass this on.  My husband and I went to a Goo Goo Dolls concert last night and they played some stuff off of their new album, I didn't even know they had a new album out.  But, we spent months trying to pick a song to dance to.  This song is just perfect and I wanted to pass it on for someone... if not, it's just a really great song regardless.   It's called Come To Me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m2R6CLkvyQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post

 

I agree with Lindsey you do not need that much decorations for anything, it just looks so beautiful on its own. We kept it real simple and used our hanging flowers for our table and bought stuff from the dollar store (candles) to use and then didn't keep them after. It looked nice and added extra touch with not spending too much money and made for lighter travel on the way home. :)

thanks everyone for your input! I think we will move up the welcome party time to 5pm, its outside of the Chapel at the terrace.  I'll see how much the tiki torches and candle bags are.  Since we're not having a reception, I cannot justify spending the money on the flowers just to use them for 15 minutes and not use them again, the sheers seem more of a necessity though, i'm fine paying the money for them for some reason.  I will be using my bouquet again though, real touch flowers kick ass!! Still haven't decided on Cocotal decorations and I don't have Facebook so if anyone who decorated there could post some pics on here, that would be FANTASTIC!!!

 

cheer2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tiki torches are $8 each, and the beach candle bags are $4 each. My photog took a nice photo of Cocotal undecorated, so you can see how much you want to add (or not). I'll hunt it down when I get home tonight.

Originally Posted by nbateman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post

I agree with Lindsey you do not need that much decorations for anything, it just looks so beautiful on its own. We kept it real simple and used our hanging flowers for our table and bought stuff from the dollar store (candles) to use and then didn't keep them after. It looked nice and added extra touch with not spending too much money and made for lighter travel on the way home. :)

thanks everyone for your input! I think we will move up the welcome party time to 5pm, its outside of the Chapel at the terrace.  I'll see how much the tiki torches and candle bags are.  Since we're not having a reception, I cannot justify spending the money on the flowers just to use them for 15 minutes and not use them again, the sheers seem more of a necessity though, i'm fine paying the money for them for some reason.  I will be using my bouquet again though, real touch flowers kick ass!! Still haven't decided on Cocotal decorations and I don't have Facebook so if anyone who decorated there could post some pics on here, that would be FANTASTIC!!!

 

cheer2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here's a view of my girls at Cocotal for our welcome dinner - they did the big candle in the center (light brown in the foreground), white place settings, and the blue glasses. it's very simple, and you can certainly dress it up if you'd like

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

 

here's a view of my girls at Cocotal for our welcome dinner - they did the big candle in the center (light brown in the foreground), white place settings, and the blue glasses. it's very simple, and you can certainly dress it up if you'd like

 

 

 

700

 

 

 

thanks Allie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×