Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Good morning Ladies)

I am planning to wear heels for the beach ceremony... Did any of you have wooden runner? Does it worth to get it? $200 for 1 minute walk..dizzy.gif
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Oxana Sh View Post

 

Good morning Ladies)

I am planning to wear heels for the beach ceremony... Did any of you have wooden runner? Does it worth to get it? $200 for 1 minute walk..dizzy.gif

 

I know I love the wooden runner too, but can't justify spending that much.  The only decoration I have is the white sheers on the gazebo.  I decided to go without any runner rather than having the standard (red?) one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also went without any runner, and didn't miss it at all. I know Allie had the wooden one, and I think she said it was a bit deceiving because they don't lay it out horizontally like the show in the pictures. I'm sure she posted pictures of it somewhere on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes - we did the wooden runner.

 

I liked the way it defined the aisle and added some contrast. We got it because of the way it looked, not because it was super functional and meant I didn't have to walk in the sand.

 

We had them place it all the way towards the front so we could stand on it during the ceremony. My ankles will sometimes twist if I don't have something solid to stand on - it was safer for me to do the wooden runner vs. fall while standing during the ceremony (I know...I'm not at all graceful!).

 

We still had to walk in the sand a bit from the sidewalk to the beginning of the wooden runner. I'll find a pic that shows that (they are at home..).

 

You can see the runner in the photo below.

 

1000

 

 

 

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

I also went without any runner, and didn't miss it at all. I know Allie had the wooden one, and I think she said it was a bit deceiving because they don't lay it out horizontally like the show in the pictures. I'm sure she posted pictures of it somewhere on here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you. Sorry, Lindsey, maybe I missed it... Did you wear heels for the ceremony? I remember Alie's picture of that wooden runner, but I think she had flats... I just don't want to look funny when I' am walking on the sand:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wore wedges for my wedding, and switched to flats for our reception.

 

I think walking in heels on the sand would be very difficult. They do rake it down fairly nicely for events, but it's still sand and it'll shift on you.

 

And it probably depends on which gazebo you choose too - some are closer to the sidewalk, so less walking in the sand than others. The gazebos that are in the Casitas section are closest to the sidewalk. The presidential gazebo, white gazebo, chapel terrace gazebo and gazebo 55 are a little further.

 

If you are using the Mexican Gazebo or the Chapel itself, it'll be just fine as those approaches are all sidewalks.

 

Originally Posted by Oxana Sh View Post

Thank you. Sorry, Lindsey, maybe I missed it... Did you wear heels for the ceremony? I remember Alie's picture of that wooden runner, but I think she had flats... I just don't want to look funny when I' am walking on the sand:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wore sandals, and I'll second Allie's thoughts about it being difficult to walk with heels. Even with my sandals I wasn't the most graceful, just because the ground is uneven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×