Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Nikki - somehow you've been the only recent bride who's been able to accomplish that.

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

I requested to pay all of my set up fees up front when our final payment was due and they allowed me to do that without any pushback.
 

 

It's usually set the day after your arrival. We got in Wednesday morning, and met with the onsite WC at 1pm on Thursday.

 

Originally Posted by nbateman View Post

For you brides that have already been married in EDR, what time was your appointment the day you got there to meet with the WC? That may affect our flight time unless they are generally flexible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you who did the ipod wedding music...when did the WC take your ipod?  We're going to try and use an ipod and have backup music on my iphone, but I don't want my iphone taken from the date we have our meeting with the WC to our wedding date.  I can't NOT have my phone with me!  HAHA.  Also...using my iphone I have the "myweddingdj" app downloaded, but am unable to figure out if that can be used on an ipod.  If anyone knows please help!  Thanks so much ladies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do you mean for the ceremony? or for the reception?

 

for the ceremony, my husband brought that iPod with him to the ceremony (per our WC's instructions). they gave it back to him immediately after the ceremony, so it wasn't in their hands long.

 

We didn't use it for the reception, but I'd guess the WC would take it from the ceremony to the reception site.

 

you should be able to use that app on the iPod as well as the iPhone - usually those are the same apps (iPad has different apps due to the screen size).

 

Originally Posted by Jnadair View Post

For those of you who did the ipod wedding music...when did the WC take your ipod?  We're going to try and use an ipod and have backup music on my iphone, but I don't want my iphone taken from the date we have our meeting with the WC to our wedding date.  I can't NOT have my phone with me!  HAHA.  Also...using my iphone I have the "myweddingdj" app downloaded, but am unable to figure out if that can be used on an ipod.  If anyone knows please help!  Thanks so much ladies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gail - here are the starfish & shells I have. I have 20 white starfish of various sizes, 1 and a half (gallon zip loc) bags of medium shells, and 1 quart bag of the small shells (3/4 full). I will sell them all for $20 + shipping. I won't post them on my sale thread yet - please let me know if you're interested. 

 

700

 

 

700

 

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

Hey Allie!

 

Congrats on everything, it looks like and sounds like everything went REALLY well. I'm so glad to hear that!!

I have a couple of questions for you.....

 

1. Where did you get the chair sashes for cheap? I figure if I have to pay $5 per person for them to decorate I can bring what I want!

2. Is this what you paid $5 per person for them to set up for you?

3. Did you sell your starfish/shells/etc yet? I'm interested in seeing what shells you are selling.

 

I'm so happy for you!!!!
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, someone asked how many lanterns - I had a total of 52 paper lanterns around Tucanes. Yes, excessive! lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen a lot of people comment on how happy they were with the spa for hair appointments. My question is, has anyone been for makeup as well, and what did they think? I'm pretty inept when it comes to that type of stuff, so I was planning on getting mine done but wanted some feedback before making appointments.

 

Also, did anyone go ahead with hair and/or makepu trials prior? Was it worth it? Anyone who didn't but wish they had? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only had my hair done there, and I did a rehearsal. If I was going to do make up also, I think I would skip the hair rehearsal (to save $$). My hair rehearsal went great, and she did exactly what I wanted - a low up-do, off to the side. The only thing I asked her to change for the wedding day was to hide my headband a little more (it had ribbon-covered parts, and bling-covered parts, I only wanted the bling to show). On the day of, she did my hair in the middle, vs. off to the side like she did for my rehearsal. It looked gorgeous, and we were out of time so I didn't have her redo it. The rehearsal was for my own peace of mind - knowing what I do now, I'm not sure I'd do a rehearsal again. But then, I am a control freak, so maybe I would!

 

If you have pictures of what you want for your hair & make up, I'm pretty sure they replicate both perfectly.

 

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

I've seen a lot of people comment on how happy they were with the spa for hair appointments. My question is, has anyone been for makeup as well, and what did they think? I'm pretty inept when it comes to that type of stuff, so I was planning on getting mine done but wanted some feedback before making appointments.

 

Also, did anyone go ahead with hair and/or makepu trials prior? Was it worth it? Anyone who didn't but wish they had? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allie, what did everyone do about the time, did people use their phones, were their clocks? I'm remembering when I was on a cruise, it was so important to always have a watch since we couldn't use our phones.  Did you and your guests have this issue or did you use your phone? Also, while I'm asking, is there WiFi that you connected to? Just curious...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most people used their phones for the time. There are clocks in the rooms - ours was set at the wrong time and we never managed to figure out how to correct it (in 10 days! HA). We would also ask the bartenders what time it was fairly often... most times they would tell us the truth wink.gif ("time for a tequila shot" was not considered an accurate answer...).

 

The onsite WC also gave guests a timeline/reminder letter of the events when they checked in - they asked at our meeting if we wanted this, and then created it for everyone. I also asked them to create one for us, since we had several appointments with the spa, and they did this for me. Super nice touch!

 

Bride & Groom should get free wifi - we had to ask our concierge for the user ID & Password, but it was no big deal. The wifi worked pretty well in our rooms, by the pool, even on the beach beds near the casitas. We were on our iPads quite a bit when we were relaxing around the resort.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbateman View Post

Allie, what did everyone do about the time, did people use their phones, were their clocks? I'm remembering when I was on a cruise, it was so important to always have a watch since we couldn't use our phones.  Did you and your guests have this issue or did you use your phone? Also, while I'm asking, is there WiFi that you connected to? Just curious...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×