El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

((Quote: Catherine you are the best! Mostly, I just would like to see pictures of the area around Gazebo 55... like where we might approach from, what the sand you have to walk in is like, and what else you might see from the location... also we're doing our reception at Tuscannes, so some daytime layout photos would be nice. ... also any of the bars that people recommended for doing a cocktail hour stop over at would be great.  Any particular spots that would make for good pictures would be nice too.. my friend who is doing our photos looked at the map and was like "oh my god this place is huge, how will I know the best spots to do pictures at?" So, I told her I'd ask people to give us an idea of where to go to do those photos.. and see if we can scout out some pics of the places so she can see things like lighting conditions.  Thanks again Catherine, I really appreciate it.  We just found out that we can't go down for a trial trip.. so I'm kinda bumbed..))

Hey! No problem at all, i will get some pictures. Here is a link(http://m2-photography.net/photography-blog/photography-wedding-philadelphia/page/25/) to the slideshow that my photographers put together for me if you haven't seen it yet (I had posted it on the boards a few months ago). We got married in the Chapel since we had a Catholic ceremony and our reception was at Tucanes - that was a stunning area to have a reception, in my opinion =)  As for photos, I think the rocks in the ocean are a gorgeous spot (if you don't mind possibly getting your dress wet) as well the swings at the beach bar and pretty much anywhere there are flowers/greens - the area is jsut stunning. Our photographers were guests of ours (friends that came down to the wedding) and they scouted out the area the day before. I really like how all of our stuff turned out!

So far I will be getting photos of the area around Gazebo 55 and the Chapel Terrace area...anyone else??

Seriously?? My first TA was horrible too and I got Christine Kennedy as my replacement - she was efficient but so rude to us. I kept my thoughts about her to myself at first but then my guests (including my 83 year old grandmother) started calling/e-mailing me to tell me how rude she was - I honestly would rather have just done it all myself. I know that everyone has a different opinion of dw.com though - I'm glad it worked out for you guys!

Nikki, I actually gave the site with your pics to the girl who's going to shoot for us.  I liked them so much I told her "this is the same place and this is what I'd like"... she said it was really helpful.. Thanks for the extra pictures too. You've been super helpful.

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

jnitschke-

Here are some pics from our wedding to give you a better idea of what the area surrounding Gazebo 55 looks like:

No problem! I'm happy to help! wink.gif

Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

Nikki, I actually gave the site with your pics to the girl who's going to shoot for us.  I liked them so much I told her "this is the same place and this is what I'd like"... she said it was really helpful.. Thanks for the extra pictures too. You've been super helpful.

Not us. We have "Bride" and "Groom" signs, with the flip side saying "Thank" and "You" for photos. we'll hang the B&G on our chairs after photos. 

I kinda miss the tin can and "Just Married" getaway though.

Originally Posted by heydenay View Post

REal quick....is anyone thinking about attaching a "just MArried" sign to one of the bikes you can rent down there?

Ok, took me some time to figure out what "OOT" meant......I'm embarassed to admit that, but it's true! sign5.gif

Soooo, my question is what kind of bags are you using or did you use.....what are you putting in them?

Anyone have pics? I think my crafty gene has left the building, or it could be I never had one smile105.gif

Thank you!!!

We are doing a "green" grocery bag as our OOT bag - it's orange (bright orange!). I scored them from another bride here on BDW. I'm doing a little survival kit with immodium, tylenol, advil, antibacterial gel, shout wipes, lip balm, and hoping to find some sunscreen wipes and aloe too. Putting in a door hanger (do not disturb), a wedding day timeline, welcome letter, and an insulated tumbler (cup) too. 

I don't have pics - it's all a big pile right now. I'm not going to assemble them until we have a final number (or close to final) of our guests. 

The DIY I'm doing for them is using a brown lunch bag with a punched scalloped edge as the survival kit, with a scroll label on it. then doing little tags for the tumblers (they will have vinyl labels on them with our logo), and a tag for the bag itself. fairly simple overall, but we think we'll have around 40ish guests, so we had to keep it affordable.. 

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

Ok, took me some time to figure out what "OOT" meant......I'm embarassed to admit that, but it's true! sign5.gif

Soooo, my question is what kind of bags are you using or did you use.....what are you putting in them?

Anyone have pics? I think my crafty gene has left the building, or it could be I never had one smile105.gif

Thank you!!!

Just have to vent ladies so I apologize beforehand... My MOH decided to tell me almost 2 months before the wedding that she isn't coming. She promised me months ago that she paid for her stay and booked airfare and magically she can't come anymore. She gave me the whole money excuse but I find that very hard to believe when she's planning all these other trips with her stupid boyfriend who seems to have her every move now and she's his puppet. She was totally all for going until she started dating this loser and now is no longer coming so now I have NO bridesmaids and my FI has 4 groomsmen. Ugh! She even bought her bridesmaid dress already and fed me all this bullcrap about wanting to get alterations with me. I'm so confused because she was totally ready to go and now she is blowing me off on the biggest day of my life. This is so NOT what I was expecting!

oh Jill, that really, really sucks!!!! I'm so sorry. 

Originally Posted by Jillsepher View Post

Just have to vent ladies so I apologize beforehand... My MOH decided to tell me almost 2 months before the wedding that she isn't coming. She promised me months ago that she paid for her stay and booked airfare and magically she can't come anymore. She gave me the whole money excuse but I find that very hard to believe when she's planning all these other trips with her stupid boyfriend who seems to have her every move now and she's his puppet. She was totally all for going until she started dating this loser and now is no longer coming so now I have NO bridesmaids and my FI has 4 groomsmen. Ugh! She even bought her bridesmaid dress already and fed me all this bullcrap about wanting to get alterations with me. I'm so confused because she was totally ready to go and now she is blowing me off on the biggest day of my life. This is so NOT what I was expecting!