jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

LOL! Ran out of room above.

Anyway, try to get out at least once. The Mexican people and the area are simply beautiful. We have used a number of tour companies over the years, but I can vouch for Sunwing, Transat, Lomas being good.(ie. arrange transport, being on time, and having a representative at the hotel)

If you have any other questions, just ask. I have been down to the Mayan area over twenty times, and we have down most of the parks at least once.

Have fun!

Oh wow so much info!! Thanks. Xacaret looks really awesome so we were thinking about maybe going there. I was also reading some reviews about "captain quickie's" tours and all of the reviews are really amazing so thats another option that we have been considering, I don't know if you have ever done anything with them. I think the FI and I will do a couple of excursions when the guests aren't around, we really wanted to do something with everyone but it just seems too complicated to try and put something together for the group

Originally Posted by mrendic View Post

Oh wow so much info!! Thanks. Xacaret looks really awesome so we were thinking about maybe going there. I was also reading some reviews about "captain quickie's" tours and all of the reviews are really amazing so thats another option that we have been considering, I don't know if you have ever done anything with them. I think the FI and I will do a couple of excursions when the guests aren't around, we really wanted to do something with everyone but it just seems too complicated to try and put something together for the group

I have not used "captain quickie's", but there are so many tour operators out there. As long as they get good reviews from TripAdvisor, friends, etc., I would say go for it. Xcaret is stunning- try to go so that you can stay for the evening show, it's worth it.

As for trying to arrange a large group it can be tricky. Plus if you and FI go, it becomes a special moment just for the two of you. Word of advice, don't try to do everything (ie. excursions every day). Do one tour/outing, then the next day enjoy the pool and beach and relax!

Have fun!

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

I have not used "captain quickie's", but there are so many tour operators out there. As long as they get good reviews from TripAdvisor, friends, etc., I would say go for it. Xcaret is stunning- try to go so that you can stay for the evening show, it's worth it.

As for trying to arrange a large group it can be tricky. Plus if you and FI go, it becomes a special moment just for the two of you. Word of advice, don't try to do everything (ie. excursions every day). Do one tour/outing, then the next day enjoy the pool and beach and relax!

Have fun!

We will be there from the 4th until the 14th- I think we will do one on the 5th and one on the 12th or 13th- that will give us enough time to enjoy the resort. We probably just wont even worry about a group excursion. Thanks so much for all the info!

Amanda those are gorgeous!!!!!!! 

Allie-

Our total set up charges for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception ended up charging me about $5.50 per guest.What are they quoting you?

At first I thought it would be nice to save some money and have friends and family take care of some of the set up, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted myself and our guests to not have to worry about setting anything up, and I think it was definitely worth it to just show up and have everything ready to go.

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

thanks for all the great info!!! 

How much did they end up charging you to set up your decorations for the ceremony & reception? Or were those things you rented from them? I got yet another ridiculous quote from Lomas today. I'm rather fed up with them. 

The onsite wedding coordinator will work with your DJ and bridal party to have everyone lined up. We did give the DJ and our coordinator the order and names of each couple we wanted introduced, as well as their "walk out music". Our bridal party's walkout music was great, but our music was wayyy off and our entrance was soooo awkward!

If I were you, just make sure your coordinator and DJ have a list of your wedding party names, order of introduction and music and it should go great!

Originally Posted by ElDorado2012 View Post

For any brides who have had or who will be having their reception at the Tucanes Pool/Bar, where will you and your bridal party wait to be introduced at the beginning of your reception? I feel a little nervous about not having this figured out ahead of time. Is this just something we are supposed to scope out once we are there? Or, will the day-of wedding attendant tell us where to go? How will the DJ know when we are ready to be introduced? Any advice/feedback would be helpful. Thank you!