Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelsel View Post
Here's what we found out from Valeria regarding El Cocotal: Each night has a theme night. She can send you the menu for your particular night. My daughter didn't care for the choices and was allowed to choose las Fuentes for their dinner. Valeria can send you the menus for that restaurant also. (I'd attach them, but I don't know how.) You can PM me for the menus if you would like.
So where you happy with the dinner at las Fuentes. We have the gourmet night at El Cocotal's since it is thursday night. I'm not sure what to do. How about the setting in the 2 restaurants? I think I will send an email to get the other menu choice for las Fuentes too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwolfe72 View Post
I'm working on this as I type! Here's what I plan on using as our program - I have to send them to my invitation girl this week! I'm basically sticking with the format that the minister sent to me. I just can't figure out if I want to do the sand ceremony, though, or the Unity candle thing. I'd like to do the sand ceremony since it's unique, but we'll be getting married in the chapel. I'm also trying to figure out where to stick in the Somewhere over the Rainbow song. Should I do this during the sand ceremony/unity ceremony or after the recessional?

Prelude
“Air on a G Stringâ€
-Bach

Seating of the Mothers
“Jesu, Joy of Manâ€s Desiringâ€
-Bach

Brideâ€s Processional
“Canon in Dâ€
-Pachelbel

“Somewhere over the Rainbowâ€
- Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

Gathering Words

Opening Prayer

Reflection about Marriage and Love

Charge to the Couple

Scripture Reading

Declaration of Consent

Exchange of Vows

Presentation and Exchange of Rings

Lighting of the Unity Candle / or Sand Ceremony
“Guitar Concerto in D. Major, Largoâ€
-Vivaldi
--OR—
“Romance in Fâ€
-Beethoven

Final Prayer

Presentation of the Couple

Recessional
“Spring from the Four Seasonsâ€
-Vivaldi

Thank you for the program. Now everything in quotations is the songs that you had during that part of the ceremony. The rest is the standard program?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpetch View Post
So where you happy with the dinner at las Fuentes. We have the gourmet night at El Cocotal's since it is thursday night. I'm not sure what to do. How about the setting in the 2 restaurants? I think I will send an email to get the other menu choice for las Fuentes too.
We haven't been there yet as my daugter's wdding is in May, so can't help you out regarding how we liked the food served at either restaurant. The main reason she chose Fuentes over Cocotal was the menu choices for the night of her wedding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard that they have the portable wooden walkway available, however its 100 usd, which includes a jute runner in any color you prefer.

 

Ugh, I really wanted this walkway but I don't want to pay $100 for the 30 seconds it takes me to walk down and then back on it. sad.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpetch View Post
Thank you for the program. Now everything in quotations is the songs that you had during that part of the ceremony. The rest is the standard program?
Here's the original program (is it the same as others you've received?). I added the music and the Unity Ceremony part, but I think everything else is pretty standard:

MARRIAGE CELEBRATION:

GATHERING WORDS

OPENING PRAYER

REFLECTION ABOUT MARRIAGE AND LOVE

CHARGE TO THE COUPLE

SCRIPTURE OR POEM READING

DECLARATION OF CONSENT

EXCHANGE OF VOWS (STANDARD OR OWN VOWS)

PRESENTATION AND EXCHANGE OF RINGS

FINAL BLESSING OR PRAYER

PRONOUNCEMENT OF HUSBAND AND WIFE - KISS

INTRODUCTION OF COUPLE AS HUSBAND AND WIFE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melba View Post
I heard that they have the portable wooden walkway available, however its 100 usd, which includes a jute runner in any color you prefer.

Ugh, I really wanted this walkway but I don't want to pay $100 for the 30 seconds it takes me to walk down and then back on it. sad.gif
On February 3, Valeria told me the wooden walkway is not available:

"We do not have a wooden runner available, but for 40 usd I can offer you a colored runner, and we can spread rose petals on it for 100.00usd extra".

I've read on here that some girls put their colored runner over the red one that comes with the gazebo package to give more stability in walking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: is anyone, or has anyone used the DJ available for their reception?

i was planning on just using my ipod, but my fiancee seems to think we won't have time to download and organize all the music.

But I'm worried that the DJ won't have the type of music we want (which is a mix: oldies, country, top 40, hip hop and dance)

 

Any advice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're using the ipod. I've been keeping a list of songs I need to get to put on my ipod, a set for eating dinner, our song, and then songs to dance too. I figured by the time you'd do your must play list and explain to the DJ what you want, you can just do it yourself.

 

I'm going to try to enlist a friend to making sure good music is playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melba View Post
We're using the ipod. I've been keeping a list of songs I need to get to put on my ipod, a set for eating dinner, our song, and then songs to dance too. I figured by the time you'd do your must play list and explain to the DJ what you want, you can just do it yourself.

I'm going to try to enlist a friend to making sure good music is playing.
see that's what I thought I would do too - but FI insists that he knows I will be spend hours fiddling to get the best order of songs and then I would spend the whole reception fiddling with it and he would much rather get the DJ...I disagree with him (wink.gif) but thought I would humor him and find more info on using the DJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×