Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

That is exactly how it worked. My additional guests have been receiving the discounts for the rooms. I booked rooms for everyone that said they were going and a few extra. She did help me drop the rooms but I have been slowly adding them back. I have noticed as well by looking into other travel agents they offer the same pricing.

 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

DW.com told us that we could reduce our rooms up to 25% without being penalized. We originally held 30 rooms, so we can reduce to 23 rooms without incurring a $100 fee per room that we dont book. Since it is looking like we will only book 20 rooms, we will have to pay a $300 fee for not filling those rooms sad.gif

 

We just feel like we have had to pester people to make a decision one way or the other and we both hate having to do that.

 

Stina- is that how your agreement worked? Are you added rooms still receiving the discounted room rate?
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, we overestimated the people that would be actually attending by over our 25% reduce rate, so we initially held 30 rooms and are now only filling 20, so we are stuck paying the fee for those 3 rooms. If we wouldnt have had the last minute cancellations and people combining rooms last minute, we would have been fine. Oh well, what can ya do?
 

Originally Posted by Stina9562 View Post

That is exactly how it worked. My additional guests have been receiving the discounts for the rooms. I booked rooms for everyone that said they were going and a few extra. She did help me drop the rooms but I have been slowly adding them back. I have noticed as well by looking into other travel agents they offer the same pricing.

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we have our guest list finally narrowed down, we are starting to get the items for our OOT bags!!!

 

I was hoping to get some input on items you would or would not put in your OOT bags.

 

So far we have (all in mini travel sizes):

- hand sanitizer

- chapstick

- aloe

- sunscreen

- deck of playing cards customized to our wedding theme (FI thinks this is stupid and wants normal cards, but I think its cute! Thoughts?)

- Hangover kit items: Advil, Pepto tablets, Emergen-C

- hair conditioner (FI doesnt get this one, but I forgot conditioner when i was at EDR and they only had expensive,huge bottles in the gift shop,

   so I think the women would appreciate it)

- Tic Tacs

- Mini candles (my room was a little musty/humid so i thought it would be nice to have these to freshen up the room if needed)

- canvas tote bags (my mother is painting our "wedding logo" that we used on our save the dates on each bag)

 

If anyone is doing OOT bags too, what items were you thinking of putting in there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

 

Since we have our guest list finally narrowed down, we are starting to get the items for our OOT bags!!!

 

I was hoping to get some input on items you would or would not put in your OOT bags.

 

So far we have (all in mini travel sizes):

- hand sanitizer

- chapstick

- aloe

- sunscreen

- deck of playing cards customized to our wedding theme (FI thinks this is stupid and wants normal cards, but I think its cute! Thoughts?)

- Hangover kit items: Advil, Pepto tablets, Emergen-C

- hair conditioner (FI doesnt get this one, but I forgot conditioner when i was at EDR and they only had expensive,huge bottles in the gift shop,

   so I think the women would appreciate it)

- Tic Tacs

- Mini candles (my room was a little musty/humid so i thought it would be nice to have these to freshen up the room if needed)

- canvas tote bags (my mother is painting our "wedding logo" that we used on our save the dates on each bag)

 

If anyone is doing OOT bags too, what items were you thinking of putting in there?

Sorry to hear about your room booking issues! I know- we had the same problems...sigh.

 

Anyway, a few thoughts about the OOT bag items. I would not bother with the aloe, sunscreen or conditioner (we were there in January and there was conditioner in the room-and if I needed more I just called the concierge).

 

I think the personal cards are cute, but it might be really expensive. I would spend the money on the hangover kit and a nice bag (one that people might use again) and go from there.

 

Only other thing I would add, is a welcome letter/ booklet with info about your wedding, etc.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I am with you for everything in your OOT bag except for the hair conditioner....hopefully no one will forget theirs and even without having to buy any, the resort will provide that in the room.  Save that $$$ for something else.

 

I didn't actually get married there...got home last Wednesday..we were married at Azul Sensatori and switched to EDR for the week 2 for our honeymoon. We saw a couple of weddings there and everything looked absolutely gorgeous!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

Since we have our guest list finally narrowed down, we are starting to get the items for our OOT bags!!!

 

I was hoping to get some input on items you would or would not put in your OOT bags.

 

So far we have (all in mini travel sizes):

- hand sanitizer

- chapstick

- aloe

- sunscreen

- deck of playing cards customized to our wedding theme (FI thinks this is stupid and wants normal cards, but I think its cute! Thoughts?)

- Hangover kit items: Advil, Pepto tablets, Emergen-C

- hair conditioner (FI doesnt get this one, but I forgot conditioner when i was at EDR and they only had expensive,huge bottles in the gift shop,

   so I think the women would appreciate it)

- Tic Tacs

- Mini candles (my room was a little musty/humid so i thought it would be nice to have these to freshen up the room if needed)

- canvas tote bags (my mother is painting our "wedding logo" that we used on our save the dates on each bag)

 

If anyone is doing OOT bags too, what items were you thinking of putting in there?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still undecided about OOT bags. leaning towards not doing them...but that could change as we get closer. 

 

what about Tide to go pens? or a cup of some sort? 
 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

Since we have our guest list finally narrowed down, we are starting to get the items for our OOT bags!!!

 

I was hoping to get some input on items you would or would not put in your OOT bags.

 

So far we have (all in mini travel sizes):

- hand sanitizer

- chapstick

- aloe

- sunscreen

- deck of playing cards customized to our wedding theme (FI thinks this is stupid and wants normal cards, but I think its cute! Thoughts?)

- Hangover kit items: Advil, Pepto tablets, Emergen-C

- hair conditioner (FI doesnt get this one, but I forgot conditioner when i was at EDR and they only had expensive,huge bottles in the gift shop,

   so I think the women would appreciate it)

- Tic Tacs

- Mini candles (my room was a little musty/humid so i thought it would be nice to have these to freshen up the room if needed)

- canvas tote bags (my mother is painting our "wedding logo" that we used on our save the dates on each bag)

 

If anyone is doing OOT bags too, what items were you thinking of putting in there?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by msmarmar123 View Post

 

 

I am with you for everything in your OOT bag except for the hair conditioner....hopefully no one will forget theirs and even without having to buy any, the resort will provide that in the room.  Save that $$$ for something else.

 

I didn't actually get married there...got home last Wednesday..we were married at Azul Sensatori and switched to EDR for the week 2 for our honeymoon. We saw a couple of weddings there and everything looked absolutely gorgeous!

 

 

Thanks for letting me know they now put conditioner in the rooms! I have long, very fine hair so it was awful not having any when I visited in 2010.

 

Originally Posted by murmel View Post

 

Sorry to hear about your room booking issues! I know- we had the same problems...sigh.

 

Anyway, a few thoughts about the OOT bag items. I would not bother with the aloe, sunscreen or conditioner (we were there in January and there was conditioner in the room-and if I needed more I just called the concierge).

 

I think the personal cards are cute, but it might be really expensive. I would spend the money on the hangover kit and a nice bag (one that people might use again) and go from there.

 

Only other thing I would add, is a welcome letter/ booklet with info about your wedding, etc.

 

 

 

We werent going to bother with the aloe and sunscreen, but when I went to my cousins wedding, I didnt bring a very high protection of sunscreen so I was very grateful that she included some higher SPF sunscreen in her OOT. The personal cards are looking like they will cost about $2.50 a deck and I would need 21 decks. I found plain cards on amazon for $.69 a pack and my FI is a big cards player so he said he would rather have quality cards, rather than "cheap" pretty cards... since Im monitoring the budget and in charge of ordering items for the OOT bags, I have yet to make the final decision on that one LOL.

 

What what you put in the Hangover kit? So far all we have is Advil and Pepto, possibly Emergen-C.

 

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

 

I am still undecided about OOT bags. leaning towards not doing them...but that could change as we get closer. 

 

what about Tide to go pens? or a cup of some sort? 

 

 

 

 

 

Throughout the DW planning process, I have at times felt that everything seems very cookie cutter and more difficult to put personal touches on that a stateside/hometown wedding, so I think the OOT bags are a great way to add personal touches in. Also, my FI and I did not want guests feeling like they needed tote around/keep track of wedding favors all night, so we thought it would be nice to have some items that our guests could use all week. I to include a tide pen/shout wipes in my initial list, but I thought it would be a good idea. My FI doesnt get why people might find them handy, but thats because he hasnt done a load of laundry in the past 3 years and thinks that clean clothes appear out of no where cheesy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I to was trying to be not so cookie cutter and we didn't  want the hassel of packing a lot of wedding extras. Our guests said they had planned on packing the items I was thinking about purchasing for OOT bags so it was gonna be a waste anyway...Honestly, don't stress about OOT bags. A nice tote bag to use around the resort is handy and can coozies or insulated cups decorated with your wedding theme seems to be what guests really used the most. Other guests took notice of our group with our matching cups & coozies. We even took extra to pass out, people had fun with that! We then placed a beach themed candle & mini beach themed photo album at each couples place at our welcome dinner. Inside the album we put a personalized Thank you note. When we got home, we printed off photos of everyone that we had taken during the week and put them in our Thank you's for our guests to use in their photo albums. We had a get together after we all got home and we passed the albums around and shared pictures. It worked out great! :) We then decided to use the $$ we would have spent on the extras toward an excursion for the entire wedding group (26 people) the day before the wedding. It ended up being the highlight of the trip, next to the actual wedding day. Also, We are huge St Louis Cardinal Fans, so instead of spending $$$ on wedding themed playing cards, we purchased Cardinal playing cards for each couple...and asked everyone to bring their Cardinal wear! :) It was a fun way to personalize our group AND a huge conversation starter with rival fans at the bars ;)  My husband totally liked that idea since he was not to much into having everything "wedding themed" ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Everybody!! I'm officially going to be an EDR bride!!! We just got back our confirmation for May 25th, 2013...  I know I'm way ahead of the game... we starting searching resorts 6 months ago.  I just finished reading all 176 pages of posts.  There is loads of really useful info in here.  I actually really love the idea of customized playing cards in the bags.  I'm also going to create a themed "activity" book for my guests.  With coloring pages based on pictures of my FI and me, crosswords, word searches, etc.  I'm an art teacher so it's kinda up my alley...  I'm really interested to hear from you May brides what the weather is like.  What is everyone going with for tuxs for your Grooms?  I have a FI who might turn into a Groomzilla if he is really uncomfortable the whole day.  Did anyone find any kind of suit that is wicking?  Also, what did you guys find about dress types and the heat... I want to be comfortable, but I don't want to look too casual or like I'm preggers... Either way... super excited!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Everybody!! I'm officially going to be an EDR bride!!! We just got back our confirmation for May 25th, 2013...  I know I'm way ahead of the game... we starting searching resorts 6 months ago.  I just finished reading all 176 pages of posts.  There is loads of really useful info in here.  I actually really love the idea of customized playing cards in the bags.  I'm also going to create a themed "activity" book for my guests.  With coloring pages based on pictures of my FI and me, crosswords, word searches, etc.  I'm an art teacher so it's kinda up my alley...  I'm really interested to hear from you May brides what the weather is like.  What is everyone going with for tuxs for your Grooms?  I have a FI who might turn into a Groomzilla if he is really uncomfortable the whole day.  Did anyone find any kind of suit that is wicking?  Also, what did you guys find about dress types and the heat... I want to be comfortable, but I don't want to look too casual or like I'm preggers... Either way... super excited!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Very thought provoking article it really helped me set up my strategies regarding. READ MORE : Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail sign in page:  http://hotmailaccount1811.blogspot.com Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next. Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to 
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
  • Topics

×