Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts


Stina-

 

Dont worry, itwill all come together! I keep swinging back and forth between "I have everything under control" to  "omg I have so much left to do!"... sometimes it takes a phone call to my mom to help me keep everything in perspective... because in the grand scheme of things, everything will get done and you will be marrying the love of your life in 3 months! All those small details that only you will notice wont be a big deal.

Originally Posted by Stina9562 View Post

So... today was not a good day for me. I was at work, not busy and all these things came racing through my head about the wedding. I started having anxiety and just kept thinking about all this planning. I am nearly three months away and I have so much to do! My biggest problem is I can never make a decision. I can't even decide what earrings to buy! I am in so much trouble!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can never make a decision either!! LOL Like The Wolferts said though - everything will come together and people will have a blast no matter what!
 

Originally Posted by Stina9562 View Post

So... today was not a good day for me. I was at work, not busy and all these things came racing through my head about the wedding. I started having anxiety and just kept thinking about all this planning. I am nearly three months away and I have so much to do! My biggest problem is I can never make a decision. I can't even decide what earrings to buy! I am in so much trouble!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darnit! I guess I'll have to start buying the songs and planning ahead. That Pandora app has gotten me so spoiled with not having to purchase music! Oh well... Thank you!!
 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

I went there in September of 2010 and there was zero cell service, unless you wanted to purchase an international plan from your service provider. My dad did this for work reasons and he made all his calls very brief and to the point, so I cant imagine that streaming internet radio will be very cheap. I know the casitas side of the resort has internet access and wifi but I believe they give each room a specific pass code to access it and from what some of my relatives said, the internet was EXTREMELY slow.

 

I would count on downloading everything before you go down there.

 


 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

 

I went there in September of 2010 and there was zero cell service, unless you wanted to purchase an international plan from your service provider. My dad did this for work reasons and he made all his calls very brief and to the point, so I cant imagine that streaming internet radio will be very cheap. I know the casitas side of the resort has internet access and wifi but I believe they give each room a specific pass code to access it and from what some of my relatives said, the internet was EXTREMELY slow.

 

I would count on downloading everything before you go down there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

We were there in November...here is a tip for free wifi 

in the public restrooms EDR will post a weekly newsletter. There is a password on it that will be revealed if you go to their Facebook page and "like" them ;)

if you have trouble with it just go to the front desk or concierge and they will give it to you, but you must tell em you did the "like" 

we were lucky enough, that the password lasted the entire week & we shared it with friends. We were all able to use our IPads & IPods on the beach and pool

pinkie.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Stina - I think we all have days like this. 

 

If you ever want to get together to hash things over, let me know. I'm in east Fort Worth. cheers.gif

Originally Posted by Stina9562 View Post

So... today was not a good day for me. I was at work, not busy and all these things came racing through my head about the wedding. I started having anxiety and just kept thinking about all this planning. I am nearly three months away and I have so much to do! My biggest problem is I can never make a decision. I can't even decide what earrings to buy! I am in so much trouble!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

 

 

Stina-

 

Dont worry, itwill all come together! I keep swinging back and forth between "I have everything under control" to  "omg I have so much left to do!"... sometimes it takes a phone call to my mom to help me keep everything in perspective... because in the grand scheme of things, everything will get done and you will be marrying the love of your life in 3 months! All those small details that only you will notice wont be a big deal.

 

 

 

Thanks Wolferts! I feel a lot better now. I have had so much going on with work and the kids I feel like I am drowning in everything! I am very thankful for the girlfriends I do have bc they have also been so helpful and helping with everything. My fiance sent me a simple email the other day at work, that said he was excited to be marrying me in a few months. He knows I have been under a lot of stress of budget and making the decisions on everything so he took the time to sit down and iron out some things. I feel so much better now!

 

 

 

Originally Posted by ElDorado2012 View Post

 

I can never make a decision either!! LOL Like The Wolferts said though - everything will come together and people will have a blast no matter what!

 

 

 

 

ElDorado2012, what are you having a hard time with. Maybe we can help each other out!

 

 

 

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

 

 

Stina - I think we all have days like this. 

 

If you ever want to get together to hash things over, let me know. I'm in east Fort Worth. cheers.gif

 

 

 

 

 

AllieH, where are you at? Are you going to the bridal show this weekend?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm off of I-30 near 820 east - just the edge of FW and Arlington. 

 

I kind of wanted to go to the bridal show, but then didn't want to go alone. Did you go today? Or tomorrow? 
 

Originally Posted by Stina9562 View Post

AllieH, where are you at? Are you going to the bridal show this weekend?

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We went to the Fort Worth one last weeked just to look around at ideas. I love the Dallas one becuase it is huge! My Maid of Honor went out of town so it was no go for me as well.

 

We live so close! I am in the mix of this contruction off of 820 and 35!

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

I'm off of I-30 near 820 east - just the edge of FW and Arlington. 

 

I kind of wanted to go to the bridal show, but then didn't want to go alone. Did you go today? Or tomorrow? 
 



 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


shooooot we are neighbors! 

 

We should have planned better so we could have gone together to Dallas. I've heard it's crazy. ah well... what do I need a bridal show for anyway? I have the BDW forums for all my planning needs!!! 

 

 

Originally Posted by Stina9562 View Post


We went to the Fort Worth one last weeked just to look around at ideas. I love the Dallas one becuase it is huge! My Maid of Honor went out of town so it was no go for me as well.

 

We live so close! I am in the mix of this contruction off of 820 and 35!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, you are exactly right! My FI goes online for carf websites all the time and I give him a hard time for having his online buddies, so now he picks on me. I always come home with new info I have learned from here.

 

Originally Posted by AllieH View Post


shooooot we are neighbors! 

 

We should have planned better so we could have gone together to Dallas. I've heard it's crazy. ah well... what do I need a bridal show for anyway? I have the BDW forums for all my planning needs!!! 

 

 



 

 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×