jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

I am going with Caribe Photo ~ I did some checking and liked what I saw. I was able to find some other reviews as well and they were all good!

And budget wise, it fits!! 

We are also having the BBQ for our Wedding Dinner & reception! I've been working on the details with Carolina this week...It's much harder than I thought!

Our location is at Gazebo Fuentes ~ We visited last November and I really don't remember how that location looked... But I'm sure it's great!

We decided to do a Welcome Dinner instead of Rehersal Dinner...it will be at La Isla. Carolina sent the menues and we choose what we wanted ~ an App. a soup or salad, two courses, and dessert!

I emailed her my flower choices and ceremony decor for Gazebo 55 :)

so far so good with the plans!! getting very excited!

24 guests are booked!

Beekamn Bride -

I am also getting married at EDR on 10/8/11. We are doing the group dinner Friday at Coctol and the beach BBQ after the wedding at Tucanes.

What time is your wedding? What location?

We are at 5. Carolina has been great to work with.

I think we have around 36 coming down.

Nice to "meet" you!

Susan

Congrats!

our wedding is at gazebo 55 at 3:30 followed by mexican cocktail hour on the beach and the BBQ after on the beach as well at gazebo fuentes. 

Tucanes is a great location! have you been to EDR? We love it !! 

And "Yes" Carolina has been very helpful! :) of your details!

Originally Posted by MrsDimond View Post

Beekamn Bride -

I am also getting married at EDR on 10/8/11. We are doing the group dinner Friday at Coctol and the beach BBQ after the wedding at Tucanes.

What time is your wedding? What location?

We are at 5. Carolina has been great to work with.

I think we have around 36 coming down.

Nice to "meet" you!

Susan

Angi - you are from St. Louis too? How random is that? I wonder if any of our guest will know each other?

I have not been to EDR. We have some friends who have been and loved it. Hoping that our choices pan out :)

Are you going down on Tuesday the 4th?

HI!

Nice to meet you to! We are actually from Mascoutah, IL~ just on the far edge of the metro east! Our wedding date is November 11th, but I wish I could say it was in October. I am getting pretty excited! You will love EDR! We have stayed there 4 times in the last 4 years, actually once was at EDR Maroma. It is very nice resort to and on a beautiful beach. It is were my FI proposed. SO, EDR is a special place for us and that is why we choose it for our DW. We have had both friends & family go down and all absolutely loved and and have sinced returned as well. It is a good choice. We are staying in the casitas~ they tend to spoil you over there on that side of the resort. ;)

Our ceremony is on Friday, so we will be arriving on the previous monday. Are you doing a civil ceremony or legal??

I think I have most of the plans, extras, etc. figured out with Carolina....kind of still in that process. The little things sure add up fast!!

I emailed the airline asking about their Bridal dress carry on policy ~ I'm alittle nervous about that. Still waiting for a reply from US Airways. My dress isn't that big, but does have a bit of a train that makes it kind of bulky on the bottom....

I hope all of your plans are coming together. I have been to EDR during the sametime that you are going and the weather was nice! woot2.gif

Originally Posted by MrsDimond View Post

Angi - you are from St. Louis too? How random is that? I wonder if any of our guest will know each other?

I have not been to EDR. We have some friends who have been and loved it. Hoping that our choices pan out :)

Are you going down on Tuesday the 4th?

So Exciting!

I'm sure we will run into each other! 

We are at the Presdential Gazebo then BBQ on the beach where the white gazebo is. 

We have a DJ and dance floor so I think they are trying to get us as far away from the regular disco as possible.

We have 32 so far!

Our dinner is at La Isla on Friday night.

Getting Close!

I was all set to do OOT Bags, but then after looking at the costs for the bags and items... we decided to put the $$$ toward a group activity. We are doing a Catamaran Snorkeling trip the day before the wedding. I ordered some cute beach themed photo albums and a candle for each couple to receive at the welcome dinner. Less to carry and worry about when we get there...My FI was all for this idea instead of bags ;) so, it made him Happy!

idea.gif

For OOT bags I am doing 20 oz bubba mugs, advil, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, lip blam with SPF and then a variety of random fun things like playing cards, frisbees, etc.