Jump to content
jfwolfe72

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Recommended Posts

hi i noticed that you said u had 80 guests...im going to have around 60 and im trying to keep costs down.. how much did u find the wedding cost in the end? with private reception and dinner for all your guests??!?! thanks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Im going to be getting married at EDR in May 2011! Reading this thread has been SO helpful in my decision to go with this resort, and I cant wait to start the major planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Sarah - Welcome!  The EDR thread is pretty quiet, so if your looking for lots of info, you're welcome to join our Azul Sensatori thread!  They are sister properties so we pretty much deal with the same types of questions.

 

There's lots of May 2011 brides too :).  Whats your wedding date?
 

Originally Posted by SarahMichelle82 View Post

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Im going to be getting married at EDR in May 2011! Reading this thread has been SO helpful in my decision to go with this resort, and I cant wait to start the major planning!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my final numbers and prices for my wedding. It's in 5 weeks!! Yay!  So if anyone needs to know prices not listed on the lomas website, I think I have pretty much priced out everything by now!!  We went with the free package by booking the casitas so we just had to add on a few things like flowers, gazebo decor, food and the donkey! cheesy.gif  Ended up being pretty reasonable since we are bringing our own candle holders/candles and are reusing our ceremony flowers for the reception.   

I'm glad to see the Hurricannes keep on missing the Mayan!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My best advice for starters is book your ceremony site and reception location ASAP! You want the opportunity to get what you want before another bride gets the same date as you.  Welcome to the site! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies, I just got back from EDR a few days ago - my wedding was Friday, October 29th and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! From day one, everyone there kept telling me that we had made the right choice by picking EDR to get married out and I honestly couldn't agree more. I can't believe how smoothly everything went! I will post a review later...here is the link to our wedding picture slideshow =) http://m2-photography.net/blog/?p=1447



 
Originally Posted by kailap64 View Post

My best advice for starters is book your ceremony site and reception location ASAP! You want the opportunity to get what you want before another bride gets the same date as you.  Welcome to the site! 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are having 26 guests and our wedding costs are $340 for the Cocktail hour,  $680 for dinner(we are having the BBQ Deluxe) and about $1000 for ceremony(gazebo fabric, runner and hanging flowers) and reception decor(table runners and vase rentals), flowers, music(Ipod stereo).  We also are bringing things from home that I didn't include in thoses costs like favors, candle holders and candles, disposable cameras, oot bags, BM dresses, GM outfits....and it goes on and on!!!  For photography we are using Cladia photo and getting the basic package for $1800.  I think our original budget is still looking good, so we are happy about that :) 

I hope this helps you in your budgeting!

Originally Posted by sofiavig View Post

hi i noticed that you said u had 80 guests...im going to have around 60 and im trying to keep costs down.. how much did u find the wedding cost in the end? with private reception and dinner for all your guests??!?! thanks!!!



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did you have any problem using US dollars while you were in the Mayan area?  Our TA said they are no longer accepted in Mexico!

 

Originally Posted by Cvantine View Post

Ladies, I just got back from EDR a few days ago - my wedding was Friday, October 29th and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! From day one, everyone there kept telling me that we had made the right choice by picking EDR to get married out and I honestly couldn't agree more. I can't believe how smoothly everything went! I will post a review later...here is the link to our wedding picture slideshow =) http://m2-photography.net/blog/?p=1447

 



 

 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hiiiii! :)

 

newly engaged in October... Heading down to EDR next weekend with the fiance to do a site visit. I hope we love it and book our November 2011 wedding!! :D

 

Anyone have questions that we should keep in mind when we meet with the WC next weekend? My mom is most worried about the weather and whether or not there will be a back up plan.

 

I would love love to do our reception at Tucanes (did most people do a buffet?)...and how expensive are the private cocktail hours?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi Brides! I have a Wally Bag - 66" available - $90 + shipping (US only) The wally bag typically sells for $120-$180. I used this gown bag once to transport my dress from MN to Mexico for our wedding - IT WAS PERFECT!   I was actually able to pack 4 additional maxi dresses, and my husband's wedding attire, plus a few pairs of shoes and some jewelry. I packed the dress the night before we left, and just moments before we left, I zipped the bag and folded it - ready for travel. It comes up with a nice over-the-shoulder strap, making it really easy to carry through the airports. No issues on Delta with the bag as my carry-on - I chose to put in the overhead bin, but the flight attendant did offer to hang it in the closet for me. Once we got to the resort, about 10 hours after I first folded the bag, I unpacked the bag and my dress was perfect - no wrinkles! My dress was mostly lace and had a bit of a train, but it arrived perfectly!  Honestly, this is the best way to travel with your dress! 
    • we ended up using Facebook messenger when we were in Mexico - the hotel had free wifi and at least 1 person from each family/couple had FB on their phone already - it was pretty easy to communicate among guests "hey, we're heading to the beach bbq for lunch." or "everyone is hanging at the small pool today".  a plus was that some people tried to get a hold of me via FB on the day of the wedding and I was totally not checking my phone - they were asking if the wedding was outside given the rain forecast, thankful my mom, MOH and a few other friends were on the group and could respond for me :) 
    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
  • Topics

×