El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

So for those who are booked for weddings Nov-2010... what types of "extras" did you order? Who did you choose for photograpghy? I'm still torn on Moments that Matter... just seems like a lot of money ($2,500 for the photogs plus $500 resort fee)

Are you doing a private dinner? Did you pick any colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennib31 View Post
So for those who are booked for weddings Nov-2010... what types of "extras" did you order? Who did you choose for photograpghy? I'm still torn on Moments that Matter... just seems like a lot of money ($2,500 for the photogs plus $500 resort fee)

Are you doing a private dinner? Did you pick any colors?
I already had my wedding at the EDR 5/2008. They do an exceptional job so no worries. Don't stress or go over board. You can do so many extras that aren't even needed in my opinion. I did upgrade our gazebo with scarves and hanging corsages. Then they used them for table center pieces for our reception. We did chair covers with sashes for ceremony and reception. All those upgrades were inexpensive and made it beautiful. They did all our flowers and they were gorgeous.
As far as the photographers they had the resort fee when I had mine too. It had just started then. So my photographer took off $250 to compensate the cost. I know they have added several photographers you can choose from without paying a fee. I had Cancun Studios for 3-4 hrs which was plenty of time for $1200. They did a beautiful job and Agustyn the owner was our photographer & he is great.
We did a reception for 4 hrs and had a great time. Actually better then our at home reception. I would of been happy with just doing the one at EDR. They again did a beautiful job setting it up and the staff was entertaining and great food. It was well worth it and we only had 16 people with us. I did white sashes and scarves because my color was difficult to match. Then once I arrived at EDR they go over everything and you can make changes. They also suggested some changes to my flowers which I did and they were absolutely beautiful ...the purple iris's
Hopefully that helped you or anyone else. It helps to talk with people that have already done their wedding there.

CTPetch - Your from Wheatfield near Buffalo, NY? I'm a buffalo girl and thought that area sounded familiar.

Thanks for the input everyone. I am trying not to freak out about all the extras but our budget is ever-expanding. The photography really worries me, what if the quality of the recomended companies aren't good? I feel I would rather pay more and rest assured they will be awesome shots - the photos are all we have!

Quote:
CTPetch - Your from Wheatfield near Buffalo, NY? I'm a buffalo girl and thought that area sounded familiar.

Thanks for the input everyone. I am trying not to freak out about all the extras but our budget is ever-expanding. The photography really worries me, what if the quality of the recomended companies aren't good? I feel I would rather pay more and rest assured they will be awesome shots - the photos are all we have!
I am from Wheatfield, Buffalo NY. What a coinsidence. So are you still living in buffalo?
Don't go crazy with all the extras as I mentioned. They do such a great job and will help you with last minute changes if needed. I know what you mean about the photographer and not knowing the quality. They are very important to get great pictures especially being your wedding. I know there are alot of great ones there. I went by what other brides recommended on this site. I seen what their experiences were and the quality of pictures they put on along with the websites of the photographers. That too helped me decide. I went in the middle as far as cost and was very pleased with our pictures. I could try to put some of them on here tomorrow so you can see and others how they turned out. You definitely want some awesome photos. I did hear Elizabeth? is one of the best. I cant recall her name at the moment. I can check in to some of the ones that were recommended to us.
Good luck. Tracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDRBride2009 View Post
I think you mean Elizabeth Medina and yes, she does awesome pics. I am going with Claudia Rodriguez's photographer Citlalli
That's who I'm thinking of Elizabeth. I did here that Claudia is very good too. Believe it or not there are quite a few good photographers there in the area. Well best wishes your day is coming up soon. Your going to love it there if you haven't been there already. They will make it very special for you. We even just went back for our one yr anniversary in May. May go again this year or try one of their other resorts this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpetch View Post
You definitely want some awesome photos. I did hear Elizabeth? is one of the best. I cant recall her name at the moment. I can check in to some of the ones that were recommended to us.
Good luck.
There are several good photographers, but Elizabeth Medina did our photos and the entire experience was amazing!!!

Elizabeth Medina Photography, Mexico Destination Wedding Photographer, Wedding Photojournalism throughout the Riviera Maya, Yucatan and Mexico

The final product is definitely important, but the experience in dealing with the photographer that you choose also matters. The chemistry with Elizabeth was fantastic. She was having fun shooting the pics, which in turn loosens everyone up and makes the pictures that much better.

She knew how to deal with the resort and the policies, so I think that you should just talk to her about that if there are still issues with that. She lives in Mexico, so that should help with some of the issues it seems.

When everyone made a room block at the hotel - did you have to put down $5,000 in order to hold the block? We have 84 room nights held and they are requiring 18 room nights to be paid for. That is $6,480! Why cant they hold the rooms until we start getting some reservations? I am so overwhelmed with the costs - I jsut paid a photographer, invitations and dress and don't have an extra $6K! HELP!

Quote:
When everyone made a room block at the hotel - did you have to put down $5,000 in order to hold the block? We have 84 room nights held and they are requiring 18 room nights to be paid for. That is $6,480! Why cant they hold the rooms until we start getting some reservations? I am so overwhelmed with the costs - I jsut paid a photographer, invitations and dress and don't have an extra $6K! HELP!
I booked through a travel agent, and all I had to pay was $150 deposit for the amount of people I thought were coming. Originally I put down a deposit for 10 people, and then went and put down more once I had a better idea of how many were coming. In total I paid $2100 deposit.

Have you talked to a travel agent to see if they can offer you a better deal?