El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

The resort had the menus printed out for us. They had the bride and groom's names on them and the menu choices they had picked out. They were done on white paper, printed in black. I thought about printing them myself on colored paper and fancy print, but ran out of time, so this worked fine using these.

The demonstrations were for everyone in the restaurant on how to make a featured food. I wasn't real thilled as it was distracting and didnt have anything to do with the wedding. One of the brides on BDW had 29 guests and had no problem. Just be sure to allow plenty of time for dinner if you're having an event afterwards. We had dinner scheduled from 6:30 to 8:30 for 19 guests - perfect amount of time - and then went to the Health Bar for the dessert reception at 8:30.

Our daughter and her husband ate at Cocotal the last night and did not care for the food at all. They were very glad they had chosen Fuentes for their free dinner. The breakfasts at Cocotal are great, though.

Here are the starters at Fuentes:

Merida-style duck confit salbue with pickled red onion, & sundried tomato, avacado cream

Vegetarian grilled "faro" of nopal, eggplant, zucchini and sweet bell peppers, cilantro pistou

Ginger & citrus-cured salmon ceviche with caramelize mango and tortila crisp

Seared scallops & jicama slaw with grilled cacts leaves, chipotle lime aioli

Crispy rice paper shrimp duet roll, chile d'arbol sweet glaze

Mixed greens with crunchy jicama sticks and orange segments, Veracruz vanilla bean vinaigrette

Endive, arugula & radicchio with ashe goat cheese, sweet and spicy pecans, hibiscus flower emulsion

Caesar salad with sun-dried tomatoes, prmesan flakes and pistachio grissini

Soups:

Shrimp, clam & corn chowder with cilantro essence

Yucatan "sopa de Lima" with panela cheese brochette

Red fruits cold gazpacho with cardamom cream

Rather than have 1 starter and 1 soup, my daughter chose the salmon ceviche (excellent) and the caesar salad (so-so).

Excellent, thanks for the heads up with their menu. In regards to the menus, how exactly are they presented to guests? Is it just a piece of paper that's handed to them?

By the way, I didn't see the the salmon ceviche as one of their options on either the starters or soups..?? Did your daughter maybe ask for it on her own?

Also, I guess this is a silly question, but what drink options are they given?

Thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamgirl08 View Post
Excellent, thanks for the heads up with their menu. In regards to the menus, how exactly are they presented to guests? Is it just a piece of paper that's handed to them? The menus were placed on the tables, along with the candles and placecards I had brought. I gave them to the WC at our meeting and they took care of putting them on the tables.

By the way, I didn't see the the salmon ceviche as one of their options on either the starters or soups..?? Did your daughter maybe ask for it on her own? It's there on the starter list, I just shortened it: Ginger & citrus-cured salmon ceviche with caramelize mango and tortila crisp

Also, I guess this is a silly question, but what drink options are they given? Everyone was offered the house wines - red or white- or they could order any other type of beer, margarita, fruity drink, etc.

Thanks for your help
You are most welcome. I'd be glad to answer any questions you might have.

That sucks about El Coctal

sad.gif

I wanted the air conditioning

and something "different" looking

for a rehersal dinner.

The private reception we are having is at an outdoor, at Tucanes.

Ugh!

I just cant decide on ANYTHING!

I dont know what is wrong with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
We're back! Everything was beautiful. I'll write my review later. A few quick things though:

Both of my parents were pretty sick for 4-5 days. All we can figure out was they were the only ones to eat at Rincon Mexicana. A few other people had problems, but no one else longer than a day.

I didn't wear a veil, and I don't know how any of your girls did! It was sooo windy, esp at Gazebo 55.

Everything went very smoothly with the wedding and the coordinators (well, they were late picking me up, but they said it was because they were waiting on my guests. I think they were just running on "Mexican time").

Shannon, DH and I (and my parents) peeked in on your wedding. You were absolutely beautiful!! And did we see you having a dinner on the beach the next night? DH and I peeked in on Anna at her reception. I wish we all could have gotten together! Funny story, the entire time my dad could only remember Anna's name, so anytime he came across anyone with an English accent, he would ask if they knew Anna! Finally he met one of her friends. Very nice people!
Yep- we had our "send-off" dinner for our guests the next night on the beach! :) Me and DH have been together for like 10 years- I had no idea I'd be so emotional- I'm normally not a "crier"- kinda embarrassed how I completely blubbered my way through the ceremony- hehe.... completely took me off guard how nervous and emotional I was! :) Also, most of our guests were kinda sick too, when they returned. My dad was the only one that got pretty badly sick the night before they left and had to go to the doc and get a shot so he could get on the plane. The rest of our guests just had some stomach issues the week after we all got back..... not anything to call into work, just the stomach being "off."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandE2008 View Post
That sucks about El Coctal
sad.gif
I wanted the air conditioning
and something "different" looking
for a rehersal dinner.

The private reception we are having is at an outdoor, at Tucanes.

Ugh!

I just cant decide on ANYTHING!
I dont know what is wrong with me!
Fuentes is enclosed and air-conditioning- they have windows that look out on the pool... We had our wedding dinner from 6PM-7:45PM- I was very pleased with Fuentes and the food there-- they had their choice between the porkchops and mahi mahi- and both were good. The cookies and creme brulee was excellent! :)