El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpetch View Post
Congradulations Jennifer!!! Your back from EDR. How did everything go? Maybe now that you been there you can help me out. They are changing us all from Gaviota's, I'm sure your aware of it. I was suppose to have private dinner reception there, now only semi private or suggest I move to the new Sky Palapa or will do a private dinner reception on the beach at white gazebo area. We are having 16 guest, with sound system and of course bar set up. Which would you recommend after being there and the view along with the room to accomodate us. I would love to have it at Gaviota's but cant see having alot of guests standing near us during dinner when we are paying extra for that. Let me know your thoughts. Any recommendations after being there? Was everything wonderful & beautiful as plannedhuh.gifCant wait to see your photos'
I didn't realize that our "private" party at Gaviotas was only going to be semi-private until we arrived for our reception! However, once our party got going, I didn't even notice the few people who were sitting around the bar. Someone had suggested that she was going to put a sign in front of Gaviotas stating that her party was going to be held there. That may keep stragglers from going up to the bar - I know I would go elsewhere. Anyway, I loved having our party at Gaviotas! It was right on the beach (such a gorgeous moon that night!) and it was away from the hustle and bustle of all of the other bars and restaurants. The other locations that you mentioned would probably work just as well, too - but I am now biased towards Gaviotas b/c of how our time there went! I posted a full review under the "Reviews" section (and I posted some non-pro pictures someplace) if you want to check those out - also please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. I hope to have my professional pictures back from Claudia soon!

Hi Jennifer

Your photos and review is amazing, thankyou so much for the detailed review, really makes me excited to go in just over a week!!!

You look beautiful!

Can I ask 2 very silly question but 1's that are totalling bugging me; how was the tempreture when wearing your dress? was it manageable and 2nd how did the dress hold out, did it get really dirty from the beach ect??

Said they were mad questions!!

Thankyou xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie & George View Post
Can I ask 2 very silly question but 1's that are totalling bugging me; how was the tempreture when wearing your dress? was it manageable and 2nd how did the dress hold out, did it get really dirty from the beach ect??

Said they were mad questions!!

Thankyou xx
No questions are mad questions - that's so funny! The temperature when we were there was actually quite comfortable. I wasn't too hot or too cold the whole night. DH thought that he was going to be really hot and miserable and was planning on changing before the dinner. However, he also was really comfortable, so he didn't change until before the reception. With that being said, our photographer said that they were surprised w/ how temperate and not humid the weather was that day. Actually, we had perfect weather the whole week. As for how the dress held out - it actually got dirty from the golf cart (I believe) during my trip from the casita to the chapel! My mom noticed that my train had a bunch of black marks on it. Considering I was so calm and figure that we couldn't do anything about it, I said, don't worry about it - we can always photoshop the marks out of the pictures! By the end of the evening, the bottom of my dress had a ring of dirt on it, but I think it will come out. I actually took it to the dry cleaners just this week to get cleaned and pressed since I have to wear it again at my AHR in May. I noticed that the other brides' (that I saw the next few evenings at the bar) dresses also had that ring of dirt on the bottom, but other than that, they seemed to hold up well. Let me know if you have any more "mad" questions - I welcome them! :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwolfe72 View Post
I didn't realize that our "private" party at Gaviotas was only going to be semi-private until we arrived for our reception! However, once our party got going, I didn't even notice the few people who were sitting around the bar. Someone had suggested that she was going to put a sign in front of Gaviotas stating that her party was going to be held there. That may keep stragglers from going up to the bar - I know I would go elsewhere. Anyway, I loved having our party at Gaviotas! It was right on the beach (such a gorgeous moon that night!) and it was away from the hustle and bustle of all of the other bars and restaurants. The other locations that you mentioned would probably work just as well, too - but I am now biased towards Gaviotas b/c of how our time there went! I posted a full review under the "Reviews" section (and I posted some non-pro pictures someplace) if you want to check those out - also please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. I hope to have my professional pictures back from Claudia soon!

We decided not to go with sky Palapa. I don't think it would be big enough for a dinner reception. I really wanted to stay at Gaviota's but it is sold out at the EDR in May and expected to be very busy so I wouldn't want a bunch of people standing over us while having dinner and loud. If it was just for a cocktail party I wouldn't care either. I gave them the idea about the sign but it stillwill be semi private. So they gave us the option of white gazebo on the beach area for reception or health bar. What do you think about having reception on the beach? I believe we are going to have it on the beach considering it was our choice before gaviota's. They wouldn't do it then cause our party wasn't large enough but they will now with all the changes as an exception they said. I'll see if I can find the reviews and photos. I can't wait to see all your other photos. Thanks for you help & any suggestions.

Quote:
We decided not to go with sky Palapa. I don't think it would be big enough for a dinner reception. I really wanted to stay at Gaviota's but it is sold out at the EDR in May and expected to be very busy so I wouldn't want a bunch of people standing over us while having dinner and loud. If it was just for a cocktail party I wouldn't care either. I gave them the idea about the sign but it stillwill be semi private. So they gave us the option of white gazebo on the beach area for reception or health bar. What do you think about having reception on the beach? I believe we are going to have it on the beach considering it was our choice before gaviota's. They wouldn't do it then cause our party wasn't large enough but they will now with all the changes as an exception they said. I'll see if I can find the reviews and photos. I can't wait to see all your other photos. Thanks for you help & any suggestions.
I think that having it on the beach would be a great place for it, especially since you're going to be having a dinner reception. I was jealous of the beach receptions, so I'm sure that option will be just perfect for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwolfe72 View Post
I think that having it on the beach would be a great place for it, especially since you're going to be having a dinner reception. I was jealous of the beach receptions, so I'm sure that option will be just perfect for you!
We are very happy that it worked out this way. The beach was are original place requested. It was just fustrating to have to make a change and decide what was best to do after Gaviotas was confirmed. We are very happy to have it on the beach and think our guest will be very excited about it. I did read your review and thank you. Seems like you were happy with the resort with everything and all went beautiful. Thank you for the tips. I did request a room in the newer section, That is too bad you weren't completely happy with your casita after spending that much for an upgrade. I hope we get something beautiful. To get an upgrade from a casita may not happen. Apparently the resort is sold out in May some days or most.

Quote:
YAH Tracy!! So happy for you! This is kinda what you wanted to do originally, right? The white gazebo beach area is where we are having our private dinner on Saturday... Can't wait to see your pix! :)