El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryzeless View Post
What is everyone doing/did for centerpieces?
I'm having short, square vases with roses, for the dinner at Fuentes-- some red, some pink, and some light pink...
I'm renting table runners from them- and bringin my own votives.....
For my private dinner on the beach, the next night, I'm using the hanging corsages that will be used on the gazebo of our ceremony---- as centerpieces....

We are having a 3 tier cake -- I just picked the picture off the internet and sent it to Valeria and they are duplicating.. here's a pix..

Click the image to open in full size.

I mentioned on a post somewhere that we requested to have it red velvet flavored--- they are charging us an extra $100 for it to be red velvet -which is a little extreme, I think- but I already had my heart set on it-- and it was a random, kinda "bridezilla" request, so I'm not going to complain too much.... I am done with my decisions (and paying! :)-- hopefully, I can just semi-relax until the wedding!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by med32 View Post
Has anyone had a reception with over 60 people? Running into issues about locations for over this amount!
I am having about 50 and having mine at the Royale Salon. If I am not mistaken, they can accomodate up to 68.

Update on my situation with Monica: She tried to send me an "updated" contract for me to sign today. The timing is unbelievable. She also included the following in her email:

"The Mexican Government has implemented a new policy for foreigners working here in Mexico.

If your photographer is not a Mexican Citizen, and she's receiving payment for her services, she must have a Mexican Government permission to work in this Country. If they are professional photographers (With professional equipment, lenses, tripod's etc)

Karisma is charging a 500 usd fee to allow these services at the Hotel. Please let me know the name of your photographer. In case you are brining someone from Canada /US, if your photographer is a Mexican Citizen, we will request for him / her to show the Hotel their working documents is called “RFC†(in order to declare taxes)

I apologize for the inconveniences this may cause you, unfortunately this are new Hotel & Mexican Government policies, the hotel has been sanctioned for permitting professional foreigner photographers working at the Hotel, with no working permission from the Government."

Stange thing is, I have never told her that I am bringing a photographer. She just sent me this email out of the blue. Part of me wants to just pay the $500 and put it behind me. But part of me is really mad about this because I know this money does not go toward "taxes" and my photographer is a Mexican citizen. Therefore, I firmly believe that I should not have to pay the $500 fee (a.k.a. extra revenue) to Lomas - who claim it is Karisma requiring this fee. Sorry - I am ranting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemaylou View Post
Update on my situation with Monica: She tried to send me an "updated" contract for me to sign today. The timing is unbelievable. She also included the following in her email:

"The Mexican Government has implemented a new policy for foreigners working here in Mexico.

If your photographer is not a Mexican Citizen, and she's receiving payment for her services, she must have a Mexican Government permission to work in this Country. If they are professional photographers (With professional equipment, lenses, tripod's etc)

Karisma is charging a 500 usd fee to allow these services at the Hotel. Please let me know the name of your photographer. In case you are brining someone from Canada /US, if your photographer is a Mexican Citizen, we will request for him / her to show the Hotel their working documents is called “RFC†(in order to declare taxes)

I apologize for the inconveniences this may cause you, unfortunately this are new Hotel & Mexican Government policies, the hotel has been sanctioned for permitting professional foreigner photographers working at the Hotel, with no working permission from the Government."

Stange thing is, I have never told her that I am bringing a photographer. She just sent me this email out of the blue. Part of me wants to just pay the $500 and put it behind me. But part of me is really mad about this because I know this money does not go toward "taxes" and my photographer is a Mexican citizen. Therefore, I firmly believe that I should not have to pay the $500 fee (a.k.a. extra revenue) to Lomas - who claim it is Karisma requiring this fee. Sorry - I am ranting.
I was under the same impression when I first got this email - it's almost the same wording of the one I got!!
the $500 fee doesn't have to do with the taxes - this is the policy in regards to the outside vendors, that they have always had in place. I know that isn't totally clear from the email - but that is what I worked out once I figured out the issue. If you already have a prior deal saying you don't have to pay this - then you don't have too.
If your photographer is a Mexican Citizen - then it shouldn't be a problem - just let them they need to show their documentation proving they have government approval to be working & being paid for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be View Post
I was under the same impression when I first got this email - it's almost the same wording of the one I got!!
the $500 fee doesn't have to do with the taxes - this is the policy in regards to the outside vendors, that they have always had in place. I know that isn't totally clear from the email - but that is what I worked out once I figured out the issue. If you already have a prior deal saying you don't have to pay this - then you don't have too.
If your photographer is a Mexican Citizen - then it shouldn't be a problem - just let them they need to show their documentation proving they have government approval to be working & being paid for it.
Here is the email we received:

Outside photographers and videographers are not allowed on property unless pre-approved by the hotel in advance. The hotels reserve the right to deny access to the property to any unauthorized photographer or videographer. Please contact your wedding coordinator for more information on approved vendors. Outside photographers and videographer approved by the hotel will incur a $500 photo fee and a 3 night minimum stay at the hotel.

El Dorado Spa Resorts & Hotels and Azul Hotels, by Karisma abide by all Mexican governing laws which require foreign workers to obtain proper licensing and work certificates while in Mexico doing work for themselves or on behalf of others. We reserve the right to request proof of such license and/or work certificate.

Karisma is charging a 500 usd fee + 3 nights stay to allow these services at the Hotel. Please let me know the name of your photographer. In case you are brining someone from Canada /US, if your photographer is a Mexican Citizen, we will request for him / her to show the Hotel their working documents is called “RFCâ€(in order to declare taxes)