El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Well this policy that has everyone freaking out on is new. I think if you booked with them and contracted under the old policy, you should be able to make them abide by it. It really should just apply to new bookings. With that said, I have not been contacted yet to change anything but I have not tried too either. I am over 6 months out so I have yet to see what is going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwolfe72 View Post
I think you want to check with Shannon, not me. She's the one who used Cancun studios and had an email from Valeria saying that everything is included in the $500 fee. Monica is asking me to pay for the $500 fee PLUS three day passes and the per person charge for the private reception (again, for three people). Keep us posted on how your dealings w/ Monica go today. And Shannon - if you have a copy of that email that you wouldn't mind sharing w/ us, that would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
Jennifer
I will check with Shannon. On my spreadsheet it says $500 plus $72 for guess pass but it doesn't carry over to the charge column. Yet I didn't give her any of that info yet so maybe she is waiting on that. It should include everything in that $500 fee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpetch View Post
I will check with Shannon. On my spreadsheet it says $500 plus $72 for guess pass but it doesn't carry over to the charge column. Yet I didn't give her any of that info yet so maybe she is waiting on that. It should include everything in that $500 fee!!!
Hey guys- if you flip back to one page ealier (page 34) in this thread-- I posted the email from Valeria (about halfway down the page)... I was told by Valeria- that my $500 vendor fee would cover the one photographer for the day. If I had more than one photographer, it was an additional $72 day pass for each assistant. So, if you have 3 photographers, you should just be paying for 2 day passes. I'm having a private cocktail party after ceremony/before dinner, and a private reception party after dinner-- I'm not paying for my photographer for those. We'll probably be taking pics most of time during cocktail party-- I'll have her shoot a half hour or so of dinner-then she can take a dinner break (which is requested) and eat/have a drink on the resort- and then have her come back and shoot a hour of our reception- the first dance, cake cutting etc... I'm starting to ramble- hehe-- hopefully this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemaylou View Post
Just thought I would post something else to fuel to the outside vendor fee fire! I am not excited about this at all, and don't want my photographer to be faced with any hassles from hotel staff. SO I guess I am going to have to pay the $500 and for a 3 night stay, even though she is only staying 1 night! This gets more ridiculous everyday! Does anyone have any correspondence from Monica or any other WC that they would be willing to share to help me try and bargain with Monica?

Thanks! smile41.gif

"Outside photographers and videographers are not allowed on property unless pre-approved by the hotel in advance. The hotels reserve the right to deny access to the property to any unauthorized photographer or videographer. Please contact your wedding coordinator for more information on approved vendors. Outside photographers and videographer approved by the hotel will incur a $500 photo fee and a 3 night minimum stay at the hotel.

El Dorado Spa Resorts & Hotels and Azul Hotels, by Karisma abide by all
Mexican governing laws which require foreign workers to obtain proper
licensing and work certificates while in Mexico doing work for themselves or
on behalf of others. We reserve the right to request proof of such license
and/or work certificate.'
If you have signed a contract/ have an agreement before this policy they will honor that-- this applies to new brides- at least that is what I've understand from my correspondence with Valeria...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon View Post
Hey guys- if you flip back to one page ealier (page 34) in this thread-- I posted the email from Valeria (about halfway down the page)... I was told by Valeria- that my $500 vendor fee would cover the one photographer for the day. If I had more than one photographer, it was an additional $72 day pass for each assistant. So, if you have 3 photographers, you should just be paying for 2 day passes. I'm having a private cocktail party after ceremony/before dinner, and a private reception party after dinner-- I'm not paying for my photographer for those. We'll probably be taking pics most of time during cocktail party-- I'll have her shoot a half hour or so of dinner-then she can take a dinner break (which is requested) and eat/have a drink on the resort- and then have her come back and shoot a hour of our reception- the first dance, cake cutting etc... I'm starting to ramble- hehe-- hopefully this helps!

Since all three of my photographers will be attending my "free" wedding reception at El Cocotal, that's why I was told I had to pay the $72.00 day pass for each of them, even though I also paid the $500. I then have to pay the $8.00/person charge for my private dancing reception after the dinner. I just paid it and hopefully this will be the end of any more headaches.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwolfe72 View Post
I think you want to check with Shannon, not me. She's the one who used Cancun studios and had an email from Valeria saying that everything is included in the $500 fee. Monica is asking me to pay for the $500 fee PLUS three day passes and the per person charge for the private reception (again, for three people). Keep us posted on how your dealings w/ Monica go today. And Shannon - if you have a copy of that email that you wouldn't mind sharing w/ us, that would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
Jennifer
Well I just got email today about my photographer from EDr. Wanting to know if they are a guest that it is $500 plus the stay. So I'm assuming they expect me to pay the 3 night stay. They are out of their mind and have my blood in a boil right now. My photographer stated that a previous bride that booked with them hired the on site photographer & outside to avoid the fee and just paid a guest pass. I did question that a month ago but that didn't get me anywhere. I now have my TA involved with their company since they only mentioned $500 or 3 night stay now they are saying both. I don't know what to do. I can't see giving the resort all that money for nothing. I'm thinking about putting the photographer or saying they are staying with our guest that is not a couple in their room. What can we all do about this. They are getting out of had & the prices are ridiculous for this. After all the money we pay & bringing guest & they nickel & dime us. I hope as highly recommended they are they live up to their reputation after planning & hoping we all have a memory of a lifetime.

Quote:
Shannon

I did copy your email from Valerie about those charges. I got my TA involved along with the owner of the company. They are unhappy about all the price changes & sudden changes without notification along with previous email prices quoted. You probably got my email...I was venting about the whole situation. Trying to charge me now for 3 night stay & $500. That is not going to happen. I will show them all this evidence along with any emails I can find. My TA is not happy about this at all either. They should abide by the original price they give us. Not only should they give us all the same prices.

Tracy

Quote:
If you have signed a contract/ have an agreement before this policy they will honor that-- this applies to new brides- at least that is what I've understand from my correspondence with Valeria...
I did have a contract with them since october 07 only for the wedding. I did not assign a outside photographer or give them that information this week when they asked for it. So should I be SOL?? When I asked her about it less than a month ago. I was going to hire their photographer and mine if I didn't have to pay the fee for using theirs. How can you change it with anyone who has a date & confirmation of their wedding day booked?

I have paid the $500 and hope that is all. They tried to email me and tell me I would also have to pay for a 3 night stay.

I have emails from Valeria saying all I have to do for an outside vendor is pay the $500 fee. It is absolutely ridiculous that they are suddenly trying to get more money out of all of us.

I am not paying for the 3 night stay, but I really don't want to have to worry about my photographer not being allowed on property the wedding day. This is really a stress I don't need.

I have a slight problem - Monica sent me a contract back in Nov 07 and I just realized she never asked for it back. It is also my fault though for not sending it back. I recently asked her in three different emails what was left to do and what she needed from us and this was never listed. But since all this outside vendor fee talk has come about, I wanted to go back and look at my contract, and that's when I realized I never sent it back signed. I am freaking out now because I don't want to bring this to her attention, because she will probably try and send me a new contract. Here is the language from my contract:

Entertainment / Photographers / Décor

"Outside Vendors Not allowed. Musicians, Photographers, Flower arrangements, not booked by the Hotels Wedding department are subject to a surcharge."

This is so non-specific and I don't think they should even be able to charge the $500 fee, much less the 3-night stay based on this language. Part of me doesn't want to address this and just bring this signed with me to the resort and let my dad handle it when we get there. He is also a member of Exotic Travel Club, and he will REFUSE to pay this. What are your thoughts on this situation?