El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryzeless View Post
Is anyone doing/did a sit down dinner? We are thinking about it but we are also having the 2 hour cocktail party first.
we are doing the BBQ buffet. but we are not doing a cocktail event (before or after). how many people are coming down? could you do the cocktail event then use the free dinner reservations for 40 at one of the restaurants afterwards?

We're doing the cocktail party the day before and then the private BBQ for the reception. We're just going to have people meet up at one of the bars in between the ceremony and reception or go back to their room if they want to relax there.

Does anyone know how the BBQ works? Is it set up like a buffet? Do you get your meat right from the guy that mans the grill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pryzeless View Post
Is anyone doing/did a sit down dinner? We are thinking about it but we are also having the 2 hour cocktail party first.
We did the two hour cocktail party then the four hour private dinner event. It seems like a long time but we didn't get to any of the cocktail party and the dinner event FLEW by. We were really happy that we did both though. Our guests really enjoyed it.

One tip: make sure you clearly express how you would like timing for the reception. Have a copy of the schedule for the person who is running things at the reception. This was one of the restaurant managers who was there for the entire reception (in addition to the WC's though they left after a couple hours). You may also want to have one of your bridesmaids keeping an eye on the time for things like speeches and special dances- basically what a DJ would do but we used the iPod. It can totally fly by if you don't pay attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpetch View Post
I wasn't aware of that either. I have a cd I'm playing anyways. Just with piano music I found we really like for the ceremony. I got alot of decisions to make only 2 1/2 months left and not sure what to go with for some things yet. With a burned cd you never know if it will play in their cd player. Maybe someone can find that out for you since there are several of us on here getting married in May.
We burned cds and had no problem playing them for the ceremony. just be sure to bring a back up in case something doesn't work and have it on your iPod too. THankfully we didn't need to use either back up.

Also, make a cover for the cd that includes the number of the song and when it should be played (ie- pre-ceremony music while guests are seated, bridesmaids, brides processionals, document signing music, recessional, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfwolfe72 View Post
I'm planning on getting BB17 (white irises bouquet), but I'm having four purple calla lillies added. The original price of the bouquet is $80, but with the extra flowers it's $100. I'm also getting the bouquet holder ($15). I ordered all of my amenities from the Lomas Travel site.
What's the deal with the bouquet holders? We don't have to get one of those to keep the flowers together, right?

I am planning on around 45 people and we are having a welcome "free" dinner the night before. I was thinking about the BBQ because of all the choices but I like sitting down and being served. We just can't decide on the food options. My FI is a picky eater.

Bre- Did you do a sit down? If so, what were your food choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
What's the deal with the bouquet holders? We don't have to get one of those to keep the flowers together, right?
I talked to Monica today about flowers and said I wanted mine hand tied. She said that the holders make the bouquets look bigger and sugested I consider that but can of course still have mine hand tied.

I'm curious about them as well. Are they plastic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolaroy724 View Post
I talked to Monica today about flowers and said I wanted mine hand tied. She said that the holders make the bouquets look bigger and sugested I consider that but can of course still have mine hand tied.

I'm curious about them as well. Are they plastic?
OK, thanks. I'd seen them on the Lomas website that had all the bouquet options, but wasn't planning on getting one. I'm still not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I did not order a bouquet holder. I requested that my flowers be wrapped in a chocolate brown satin ribbon, which they were at no additional charge.