El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Hello everyone

I am gutted about the wooden walkway, I too am really reluctant to use the red runner, a) it does not go with my colours and B) is it stable for small heels? I am the same as you melba, I refuse to pay another 100 usd for not alot of use. I think I will do just do my best and wear relatively sensible shoes, oh and lean on my dad loads!!!

I looked into the DJ but again down to costing I decided against it I think it was $1500 for 3 - 40 minute sets, after which you would then have to use your Ipod anyway as it does not last for the full event - I have hired the speakers and amplifier for $250 and we will sort music prior to going.

Hope this helps xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie & George View Post

I looked into the DJ but again down to costing I decided against it I think it was $1500 for 3 - 40 minute sets, after which you would then have to use your Ipod anyway as it does not last for the full event - I have hired the speakers and amplifier for $250 and we will sort music prior to going.

Hope this helps xx
3 - 40 min sets? your kidding me!! I've never been to a wedding where the Dj just has a break! I wonder what happens when he is having a break!!
I didn't realize the cost was now up to $1500 and not even for the whole night! That's insane! I thought it was $1200 for the whole night - and even for that I thought it was expensive!

I think I'm going to scale back the exotic gazebo package and just get two hanging corsages and the wooden walkway with a runner in a color I choose instead of using their red runner and the rose petals. My net cost should be the same.

I think I'll have different playlists for eating and for dancing, so if you eat, dance, eat, dance you can just switch back and forth?

FYI - here's my eating playlist so far, in no particular order:

Island in the Sun - Weezer

Fade into You - Mazzy Star

At Last - Etta James

Say it Right - Nelly Furtado

Irreplaceable - Beyonce Knowles

Sexy Love - Neyo

Love at First Sight - Kylie Minogue

All My Life - K-Ci & JoJo

All Night Long - Lionel Richie

I Hope you Dance - LeeAnn Womack

Come Away with me - Norah Jones

Everything I do, I do it for you - Brandy

The Way you Look Tonight - Frank Sinatra

All You Need is Love - Beatles

Soul Meets Body - Death Cab for Cutie

Thank You - Dido

Bizarre Love Triangle - Frente

Crazy in Love - Beyonce

By Your Side - Sade

Here & Now - Luther Vandross

I've Had the Time of my life - Dirty Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie & George View Post
Hello everyone

I am gutted about the wooden walkway, I too am really reluctant to use the red runner, a) it does not go with my colours and B) is it stable for small heels? I am the same as you melba, I refuse to pay another 100 usd for not alot of use. I think I will do just do my best and wear relatively sensible shoes, oh and lean on my dad loads!!!

Hope this helps xx
Are you all doing a private reception after the ceremony? We only have 16 ppl going so opt out of doing a private recepion. We are just going to do the mexican party the night before for a get together & then coctails at martini bar after ceremony. Dinner to follow & then go to the swing bar to celebrate since they have a band that is suppose to be fantastic. Hopefully it all works out good just going that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpetch View Post
That would be great if you could email me the program. If you have an image of the outside too, that would be great.

thanks for the help
Here's a picture for everyone to check out... I was really happy with how they turned out and since we made them ourselves, it hardly cost anything...

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctpetch View Post
So the food you were not impressed with at El Cocotal's. How about the atmosphere of the two places. We are thinking of doing the mexican party the night before ceremony and after ceremony do the free dinner. I was trying to save on doing a private reception since we only have 16 people & few guest are friends of friends. Plus we are having a reception when we get home for 180 people. I thought we would just do an excursion for our guest going to Mexico instead.
It wasn't that the food at El Cocotal was bad, but there's soooo much amazing food at this place, it was just my least favorite restaurant.

Like I said, part of it may have had to do with them serving a group of 40 at once. Plus, the plain fact that you are limited in your menu choices is a little bit of a downer considering that you're used to ordering whatever you want every other night.

We went with El Cocotal because of:

1. the location near the martini bar, where we knew we would be watching the Eagles-Patriots game. (Damn it, they almost pulled it off!)

2. from what we could tell and heard, it would be a bit more intimate -- really wasn't but with 40 some people you can take over anywhere you want thewave.gif

If I had to do it all over again, I think I would have chosen Las Fuentes because:

1. we loved the food there, actually ate dinner there twice!!!
2. distance to the martini bar wouldn't have been that big of a deal
3. ambiance would have been fine. Neither offers a more "private" location than the other.

Your plan to do the cocktail party the night before and dinner after the wedding would work, as would dinner the night before and then a cocktail party after the wedding. Matter of preference...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timelsel View Post
On February 3, Valeria told me the wooden walkway is not available:

"We do not have a wooden runner available, but for 40 usd I can offer you a colored runner, and we can spread rose petals on it for 100.00usd extra".

I've read on here that some girls put their colored runner over the red one that comes with the gazebo package to give more stability in walking.
The red runner looked really cheesy in our opinion. Kind of beat up, it reminded me of an old runner they would have used in a church, but had misplaced onto the beach...

We just went with the natural beauty of sand!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be View Post
Question: is anyone, or has anyone used the DJ available for their reception?
i was planning on just using my ipod, but my fiancee seems to think we won't have time to download and organize all the music.
But I'm worried that the DJ won't have the type of music we want (which is a mix: oldies, country, top 40, hip hop and dance)

Any advice?
I would never ever recommend paying that much money for someone that you know nothing about to handle such an important part of your reception.

Music took Amy & I a long time, but we had fun with it a couple of weekend nights and eventually nailed down exactly what we wanted. Start working on it now.

We got compliments from at least half of the guests on how great the music was, etc...