El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

I am going with Sarani.  Everyone has raved about her and she is super professional and quick to respond.  I have her booked for 8 hours.  I wanted her to be there for the entire day.

yay congrats!!!! You will love EDR. Let us know if we can answer any questions for you. 

Deposit is down, travel agent is found... the ball is finally rolling.  B)

I don't know that answer unfortunately. I don't recall seeing wheelchairs (or motorized scooters which would probably be easier) around the resort. My best guess is this is something you'd need to arrange and have delivered to the resort. Either your TA or the resort itself should be able to help. Sorry!!! 

Does anyone know if EDR has wheelchairs to rent for your stay?  I have a guest who will need one and haven't heard back from my WC or TA

I am researching photographers, and I was originally going to go with Samuel Luna, unfortunately, he is no longer doing end of the year weddings :(. So he recommended Playa Weddings. I am also researching Sarani because I know many of you have raved about her. The prices are so expensive though. How long does everyone book photographers. 6hrs? 9hrs? I'm not sure how much time is necessary. I have no problem splurging on pictures since we will be in Mexico, obviously, and we will be saving money in other areas...

In order to actually get Sarani herself you have to book a full day package. I didn't feel the need to get "getting ready" pictures and chose to do the 6 hour package with Lunic (one of Sarani's associates). Sarani sent me a couple of her photos to show Lunic's work, and it was very good so we just went with that :)

Hey girls! I wish I would have seen this thread earlier! I'm getting married at the EDR on Nov 3rd. I have so many questions and it's a month and a half away :/ Our private reception is at the Health Bar. Has anyone heard anything good or bad about it? Also we are getting our hair and makeup done at the spa. Should I be requesting the Casitas Spa? Is there more than one Spa? Also I've heard to make your reservations early for dinner, like when you first arrive. Is this true? How do you eat with other couples? I hate to plan the whole week out right off the back. Lastly and most importantly, has anyone had a symbolic ceremony with a "marriage license signing with witnesses"? I don't want my guests to know whether it is legal or symbolic. Thanks for any help on this.

hi @Ishotty! so exciting that your wedding is around the corner. November is a fantastic time in Mexico. 

The Health Bar is really great - right by the ocean, and next to a pool too. Here's one of the photos I have of it. 

Definitely request & clarify if you can use the Casitas Spa. the Royale side also has a spa, though I don't know anything about it. The nice thing about the Casitas spa is the water journey - while you may not do it ON your wedding day, you can ask them for a pass to go back and do it, or do it before another spa treatment. 

Two restaurants require reservations: Santa Fe Grill and Fuentes Culinary Theater (assuming they have a new chef there). Anyone can make reservations for these two with their concierge, and you should see yours shortly after you arrive (both book up quickly). Sante Fe also serves a really fantastic breakfast - highly recommend making this a breakfast spot! 

You could conceivably walk into the other restaurants for dinner if you go shortly after they open without reservations (we do that a lot). If you are staying in the Casitas, you can make reservations for any restaurant for dinner. If you are staying on the Royale side, you may have to wait for a table if you go during the busiest time (7-9pm). And there's always 24/7 room service through out the resort. 

We did the symbolic ceremony and no one knew it wasn't legal. They have a certificate for you to sign during the ceremony and will give it to you later in your stay. 

Hope that helps, let me know if I can answer more questions for you! 

Hey girls! I wish I would have seen this thread earlier! I'm getting married at the EDR on Nov 3rd. I have so many questions and it's a month and a half away :/ Our private reception is at the Health Bar. Has anyone heard anything good or bad about it? Also we are getting our hair and makeup done at the spa. Should I be requesting the Casitas Spa? Is there more than one Spa? Also I've heard to make your reservations early for dinner, like when you first arrive. Is this true? How do you eat with other couples? I hate to plan the whole week out right off the back. Lastly and most importantly, has anyone had a symbolic ceremony with a "marriage license signing with witnesses"? I don't want my guests to know whether it is legal or symbolic. Thanks for any help on this.

After going back and forth with photographers, I think I'm going to go with Sarani as well. Thanks @@NickiLynn1116. I'm leaning toward the 8hr package as well. Her photos are absolutely STUNNING. I'm kind of sad for the price it doesn't come with trash the dress as well, but as I'm looking through her site, I see one wedding party at EDR jumped in the pool. I plan on doing the same, because were leaning toward having the reception at the Health Bar or Tucanes.  :D

Edited by kfracassi

I'm of the opinion that a good photographer is worth the splurge for your wedding. You'll never get that day back, and you want photos that capture the feelings, the moments and the memories. Scrimp and save on other areas if needed. 

and I so wish we had jumped in the pool after our reception! can't wait to see your photos of it. 

After going back and forth with photographers, I think I'm going to go with Sarani as well. Thanks @@NickiLynn1116. I'm leaning toward the 8hr package as well. Her photos are absolutely STUNNING. I'm kind of sad for the price it doesn't come with trash the dress as well, but as I'm looking through her site, I see one wedding party at EDR jumped in the pool. I plan on doing the same, because were leaning toward having the reception at the Health Bar or Tucanes.  :D