El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

"1. do not use a travel agent...i think u can do it on your own...just use the hotel's website to book ur rooms...u and the guests can book your/their own travel...or combine on orbitz/ travelocity...i really hated our travel agent!!! - they sucked more than helped!!"

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with your personal travel agent, but your advice to just go onto "Orbitz.com" to book your rooms is not the type of advice you should be giving to new brides.

When you secure a group block for your rooms you receive a MUCH better price  than what you see online. Your guests are also able to make a small deposit instead of paying the booking in full. None of your reservations are "linked" when you randomly go online and make bookings, and then you miss out on any group benefits from the resort.

Edited by travelgal78
  • Like 1

Hi Ladies! My name is Christina and I'm getting married at El Dorado Royale in 12 days!!!

We have 48 guests coming and our ceremony will be held at Fuentes Beachfront Gazebo. Then the reception at Tucanes! I read some previous posts and wanted to know a little more about tipping the WC, the waitstaff and Bartenders after the reception. Just wanted to get an idea if how much we should tip!?

I had Valeria through the whole planning process and she was wonderful! I was thinking of sending her something. Has anyone else done this !?

Also has anyone had their hair and makeup done at the spa!?

I will be getting the rehearsal hair & makeup but just wanted to know how good of a job they will do!?

We will be using one of our free private events for our welcome party on Saturday the 13th. Has anyone else done a free pick and choose menu event!? I will be giving out our welcome bags during this cocktail party. I will say that it has been a challenge to get everything packed for 30 plus welcome bags! Has anyone had any problems while going through customs !?

It's so close I can hardly believe it !!! I'm pretty sure we have it all together though!!

If I could be any help to anyone planning wise , I'd be happy to! Thanx, Christina

• Like 1

Hi @@mkg51615 - EDR doesn't do airbrush make up. They use Mac or Lancome products. 

Hi ladies,

Happy wedding planning. I am trying to book hair and makeup appointments for myself and the bridesmaids. Does anyone know if EDR does airbrush makeup and what the price difference is? Thanks for all of your help!

@@Tinab989 - Hi Christina! YAY for 12 days. You will love Fuentes and Tucanes. I think sending Valeria something would be greatly appreciated if you were happy with her work. As for the staff, I'd say $20-$40 per person is more than generous. Just depends on how happy you are with their service. 

I had my hair done at the spa, and was very happy with it. I had a rehearsal as well, and think it's worth the $$. Just make sure you take inspiration photos, and also take photos after your rehearsal in case your stylist doesn't remember exactly what she did during the rehearsal. They will also style it slightly differently for the rehearsal so you don't have to show everyone your "day of" look until the actual wedding day. 

Customs: take receipts for your gift bag stuff, based on each person/couple is carrying. The max amount of gifts you can carry in is $300 per person or $600 per couple. If it's over that amount you may have to pay import taxes. Whether or not they ask for more details about what you're bringing into the country and any supporting receipts is completely random. For example: when we went for our wedding and anniversary, we had to roll all of our bags through the X-ray machine. On our last trip in June, they were not scanning bags, just hitting the button - and once per family vs. once per person as in previous trips. 

I have heard of some brides having their stuff searched and needing to produce the receipts. So it's better to be prepared. 

HTH! 

Wishing you a wonderful dream wedding in paradise!! 

Hi Ladies! My name is Christina and I'm getting married at El Dorado Royale in 12 days!!!
We have 48 guests coming and our ceremony will be held at Fuentes Beachfront Gazebo. Then the reception at Tucanes! I read some previous posts and wanted to know a little more about tipping the WC, the waitstaff and Bartenders after the reception. Just wanted to get an idea if how much we should tip!?
I had Valeria through the whole planning process and she was wonderful! I was thinking of sending her something. Has anyone else done this !?

Also has anyone had their hair and makeup done at the spa!?
I will be getting the rehearsal hair & makeup but just wanted to know how good of a job they will do!?

We will be using one of our free private events for our welcome party on Saturday the 13th. Has anyone else done a free pick and choose menu event!? I will be giving out our welcome bags during this cocktail party. I will say that it has been a challenge to get everything packed for 30 plus welcome bags! Has anyone had any problems while going through customs !?

It's so close I can hardly believe it !!! I'm pretty sure we have it all together though!!
If I could be any help to anyone planning wise , I'd be happy to! Thanx, Christina

Hi again!!  Do you guys think a cocktail hour is really necessary?  I am thinking about taking the money that I was spending on the cocktail hour and using it to upgrade my videographer to a full day instead of a a half day.   Considering half of my guests will be needed for photos and I still have to pay per person I feel like it may be a waste.  I was thinking of maybe having everyone go to the beach bar, lobby bar or they can go freshen up.  My wedding is at 4 (will end at 4:30) and my reception can't start until 6.

Please let me know your thoughts.

@@NickiLynn1116 I skipped the cocktail and sent guests to the beach bar and martini bar in between. It worked out just fine, and saved us some $$$. Most of our guests were in pics too, but we did all of the family/friends formal pics right after the ceremony. It took maybe 15-20 minutes tops (my photog was super efficient with the group shots!). 

I figured I was paying for the private dinner, and a private cocktail was overkill at an AI resort. While our guests did scatter a bit (some went to JoJos for a snack, but most went to the martini bar), they all showed up in time for us to make our entrance for the reception. 

I really think it's a preference thing.

Hi again!!  Do you guys think a cocktail hour is really necessary?  I am thinking about taking the money that I was spending on the cocktail hour and using it to upgrade my videographer to a full day instead of a a half day.   Considering half of my guests will be needed for photos and I still have to pay per person I feel like it may be a waste.  I was thinking of maybe having everyone go to the beach bar, lobby bar or they can go freshen up.  My wedding is at 4 (will end at 4:30) and my reception can't start until 6.

Please let me know your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm about to put my deposit down for El Dorado Royale :) Now do most people use travel agents when booking their stays? I just want to make sure my family and friends receive decent deals when booking rooms. What is the best way that you have found to do this?