El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

@@kmk2016 thanks for your response! We have actually worked out the BDR. I guess the not giving a $500 credit is a new policy but we are still going to attend in November to check everything out. By then it will be too late to back out so I hope we love it. 

I spoke with my TA again and we aren't doing a room block because we would have to pick the specific room and dates for the block and our guests wouldn't be able to book anything else. We are sending our save the dates now and will urge everyone to put down a deposit right away (for our April wedding). Not ideal but at least they can make their own decisions for the travel dates. Also, it sounds like the ocean front room we are supposed to stay in for the "free" ceremony isn't offered by the TA's tour operator (fun jet) so we are going to stay in a different room, but we are working this out too. Kinda strange because the oceanfront suite is available on the EDR website. 

The WC recommend our TA, but I haven't heard that they are giving us any deals other than some extra money off each room booked because of a fun jet promotions. We will see what happens.

I'm just glad my FI still wants to do our wedding there. :)

Hey, I'm finally getting rid of some of my wedding items... a year and a half later.  Definitely time to reclaim my guestroom.  Included in the things I'm selling are some postcards that I had made from my OOT bags, the back has them labeled as being from EDR. 

I'm selling them off of a weebly site I made. http://peacock-wedding.weebly.com/

Let me know if anyone is interested.

1016329_453213678107952_365789195_n.jpg

Hey jnitschke - were you charged extra for a sweetheart table or was that the normal cost? I am thinking of doing the sweetheart table instead of a head table so I can actually talk to my new husband during dinner :P

Hey Leslie,

I brought my own linens, so that didn't really affect the cost.  Basically I told them what I wanted, and could have done as many or little tables as I wanted.  Then based on what I was bringing and what they were providing they quoted me a cost for setup.   But, the cost was more based on per person than the type of table.  Of course, this was last May and it seems like they've updated quite a bit lately.  I would check with your WC just to be sure.  

I think table layouts are largely dependent on the size of your party.  I only had 13 guests and wanted to fill the Tucanes space, so I had 3 rectangular tables arced in a semi-circle, with people seated on one side of the table and then Todd and I at a sweetheart in center.  It looked beautiful.  My thinking was we could converse with everyone, and no one would be too far apart to talk... but as it turns out dinner was kind of boring since people only talked to the person next to them.  We had much more fun the night before at our welcome dinner, when we were all seated around one long table on both sides.  Everyone was so chatty and had such a great time.     With a larger group though, I don't think it would matter much.  Personally being in a friend's wedding that had the head table, I like the sweetheart's table much more.   Head tables usually have the wedding party separated from their partners, or they separate a big group of friends from the other friends at the wedding.   Making someone feel left out, and making it awkward to slip away to see the others during the meal.  Plus the sweetheart table does give you some time to slow down for a bit and just relax from the action, with just the two of you.  

So in the end, I say go with what will make you happy.   My big problem was I over thought and planned everything.  I should have axed half the ideas I had and just kept things simple, it would have cost less and been way less stressful.

Hope this helps.  Congrats!  You're going to love EDR!  Thinking we're heading back next spring and I can't wait!

-Jen

Hey jnitschke - were you charged extra for a sweetheart table or was that the normal cost? I am thinking of doing the sweetheart table instead of a head table so I can actually talk to my new husband during dinner :P

We did the sweetheart table, it was no extra cost and were offered it by our wedding planner. I really enjoyed being able to have just my husband and I during dinner together, we were able to talk without having to try to please everyone. It was a very special moment for us doing this, we got to just sit back and be amazed on our big day. Plus we didn't have to chose sides and figure out what table we would of sat at, made it alot easier.

Is anyone interested in these?  They were postcards that I had printed through vistaprint.  I have... 200+ of these.  I put them in my OOT bags.  Since they are labeled as being from EDR I don't really see anyone else around home using them.  Thought that maybe one of you ladies might want them.  I'm not asking any money for them, just that you pay the shipping costs which I'm guessing won't be more than a couple of bucks.   Let me know if anyone wants them.  I have a few other things on my wedding hoard liquidation site... since I did a quality job of hoarding all things wedding over the past 3 years.  http://peacock-wedding.weebly.com/

2717963.jpg?4492606323.jpg?294

Hi all! Has anyone had luck buying wedding favors in Mexico? We leave for our wedding 3 months from today!! So excited, but realizing it's time to get those little details ironed out any advice is welcome - what did you all give out?

We were thinking maybe an ornament since we are getting married about a month before Christmas...but I'm definitely not set on that.

Thanks!!

I believe some brides have purchased maracas from marisols in Mexico, and had them delivered to the resort once they arrive. But that's really all that I've heard as far as favors purchased in Mexico. 

We had custom ornaments for our favors, purchased them in the states and took them with us. I'm not sure what their production timing is though, and if they can do a rush order right now as you'd have to ask them. It's a husband/wife team, and they are really nice to work with.

here's their website: 

http://fivecedars.com/favors/sand-dollar-wedding-favors/

Hi all! Has anyone had luck buying wedding favors in Mexico? We leave for our wedding 3 months from today!! So excited, but realizing it's time to get those little details ironed out any advice is welcome - what did you all give out?

We were thinking maybe an ornament since we are getting married about a month before Christmas...but I'm definitely not set on that.

Thanks!!

When is your date? We are getting married in November also! I think we are only doing welcome bags as our wedding favors, but mainly doing silly/fun stuff like beach balls, shutter shades and koozies. 

Thanks!!