El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

wow - that will all look AMAZING!

I think a tea light in a votive may still blow out. even though it isn't necessarily windy in Tucanes (it's kind of protected from the sea breezes by La Isla), there are still fans in there circulating the air. You'd need something a little taller than a votive to keep the candles lit.

here's what we did with our table set up:

No caption

on the set up costs...I'm going to say that's high to just place linens & chargers on the tables. a) they have to put SOME sort of linens (usually the standard white linens) on the table anyway, and B) chargers are just 1 extra plate, when they already have to put the silverware & other setting pieces down.

I'd go at it like a negotiation: "we're already paying xxx for all of these add ons. we're really looking forward to having our wedding at EDR. the set up costs are really just for which simply replaces the standard white linens that already have to be on the table, and one added charger. we'd like Lomas to be more flexible and remove the set-up charge based on this"

Thank you for your answers!!!!

I'm thinking regarding the candles if I use tea lights in the votive holders maybe they won't blow out in Tucanes??? Thought?? My fiancee is obsessed with them being real candles but I don't want to deal with candles blowing out all night....

So they we were just quoted our set up fee for the reception....

After being quoted crazy high prices to set up our own cafe lights across the ceiling we ended up bight the bullet and buying the lights and stars from the resort. My mother's rationalization of it was that being electric if anything were to not work they would need to make it work whereas if we brought our own lights and something didn't work we'd be screwed. I think of all the times I light my Christmas tree and one strand goes out and we can't make them work!!

So we are spending a fortune on that, plus floating candles in the pool, plus lounge furniture by the pool... and I feel the set up fee they charged me is too much.

A family friend is setting up all of our centerpieces (she is a florist, and we actually aren't using many flowers). The same friend is setting up our placecard table as well.

The only thing the resort is setting up is our tablecloths, table runners, napkins, and charger plates. For this they are charging $55 per table (we are having 8 tables). Does that seem extremely high considering they aren't even setting up centerpieces? I want to argue it with Marisol but if you all think it seems normal then I won't.

Thanks

Amanda

Has anyone had the DJ Eliu Sanchez from Doremixx?

My fiancee is very strict about music and wants only specific songs and types played. We are able to speak to Doremixx directly to discuss this but the hotel is not able to put us in touch with All Music beforehand.

Any thought?

Amanda 

• Like 1

I'm not so sure you need to talk to All Music directly. there's a spreadsheet of music you fill out with all of your choices - play this, do not play these. play this during dinner, etc. if you have enough on your "must play" list for the evening, they won't be able to go off script. 

they have a health selection of songs to choose from, and if there's anything they don't have, you can request it. 

http://www.weddingsbylomastravel.com/planning/Dj-Music/DJ-all-Music

I'd think the only reason to talk to the DJ directly is if there's some weird style of music you absolutely must have. and if that's the case, I'm not so sure any other DJ would have it, and an iPod might be the way to go. 

if you'd like to see the spreadsheet we filled out from All Music, PM me your email and I'd be happy to send it to you so you can see what it looks like. we specifically said no country music, and then had all of the group dance stuff (electric slide, macarena, etc) on the do not play list. they stuck to our list... (and it's mostly 80's and 90's stuff, which is what we like - we're cheesy that way)

Has anyone had the DJ Eliu Sanchez from Doremixx?

My fiancee is very strict about music and wants only specific songs and types played. We are able to speak to Doremixx directly to discuss this but the hotel is not able to put us in touch with All Music beforehand.

Any thought?

Amanda 

@amandances -  The tables are 60" rounds, so you may want bigger. If my math is right, with a 90" round tablecloth, you have 15" overlap on each side..? the resort can always put the standard/white tablecloths underneath if needed.

For anyone who brought their own tablecloths did you use 90 in round????

That's what I thought but now I'm concerned they may be too short.

Thoughts?

Amanda

nice to see a video actually at EDR, and somewhat applicable to this thread!

Hello Brides to be,

I want to share a beautiful destination wedding full of magic moments that took place at El Dorado Royale.

Take a look at it 

Hey Ladies!

So fiance officially proposed while we were in Cancun last week! :wub:  It was on the roof and my ring is GORGEOUS! So excited!!

We also made some decisions on the wedding during a site inspection at EDR. We decided to have the ceremony at Marina Maroma for the beautiful beach, a cocktail reception on a catamaran, and then our reception at the Tucanes bar at EDR. Guests will be staying at EDR, as we both decided that Maromar was WAY too quiet for our bunch of rowdy friends! Plus, I really want my infinity pool Casita! :P

We have been assigned Ana Marie Cruz as our Lomas planner...anyone have experience with her? Thoughts?

Waiting to see if March 16th, 2015 can be confirmed and we are set :lol: 

YAY congratulations Leslie!!!! We loved our stay in the Casitas - your guests will really enjoy EDR. Tucanes is such a great location for the reception - mostly private, the pool, private bar - we had such a blast.

Hey Ladies!

So fiance officially proposed while we were in Cancun last week! :wub:  It was on the roof and my ring is GORGEOUS! So excited!!

We also made some decisions on the wedding during a site inspection at EDR. We decided to have the ceremony at Marina Maroma for the beautiful beach, a cocktail reception on a catamaran, and then our reception at the Tucanes bar at EDR. Guests will be staying at EDR, as we both decided that Maromar was WAY too quiet for our bunch of rowdy friends! Plus, I really want my infinity pool Casita! :P

We have been assigned Ana Marie Cruz as our Lomas planner...anyone have experience with her? Thoughts?

Waiting to see if March 16th, 2015 can be confirmed and we are set :lol: