El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

My mom and MIL used the EDR Royale spa, but just for makeup. What I would recommend is doing a trial. I was at the casita spa and honestly hated my makeup at the trial, so I"m so glad I paid the extra $49 to get this before the actual wedding.

I second doing the trial... I think it was definitely worth it. I loved my hair and makeup, but I got it done on the Casitas side.

Yes, I had everything scheduled through our WC prior to our arrival to ensure I got the days/times that I wanted for both my trial and on the day of. I bumped my day of appointment back and hour, and I'm so glad I did that - we would have been extra, extra late!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by krobb317 View Post

Did you all schedule your hair and makeup trial and day of before you got there? I read a post somewhere saying it was better to do so when you get there…but it made me a little nervous!

Quote:

Did you all schedule your hair and makeup trial and day of before you got there? I read a post somewhere saying it was better to do so when you get there…but it made me a little nervous!

Definitely schedule it through your WC. Ours stated she scheduled my mom's and MIL's also, then when we got there she hadn't. As such they had a hard time finding appointments for them, and they had to get theirs done on the Royale side instead of the Casita with me.

Quote:

great thanks ladies! AllieH, would you mind taking a picture of the white gazebo area to capture how windy it is if possible? :)

I feel it depends on the season and the month, it was not super windy just a nice ocean breeze( it felt really nice for us) when we got married there on 4/30/12. So I think you are getting married in a nice hot season that it should hopefully not be that windy, but it always depends on the day and weather,but don't let that stop you from what you really want. We had a wonderful day with perfect weather and nothing went wrong at all, we felt we were given the 5 star treatment. So do what makes you happy and what you dream of it.

Quote:

I never did a hair or makeup trail and had no issues with my hair. I just showed them a picture of what I wanted and it worked out well. The only part i did not like was when she did my makeup at first but she totally fixed that and it looked alot better, but if you are nervous i say go for it, if it helps eases you. I just was not someone who wanted to spend the extra money on a trail run, but to each it's own. :)

krobb - I sure can! I'll take a scarf with me to show you. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post

Quote:

great thanks ladies! AllieH, would you mind taking a picture of the white gazebo area to capture how windy it is if possible? :)

I feel it depends on the season and the month, it was not super windy just a nice ocean breeze( it felt really nice for us) when we got married there on 4/30/12. So I think you are getting married in a nice hot season that it should hopefully not be that windy, but it always depends on the day and weather,but don't let that stop you from what you really want. We had a wonderful day with perfect weather and nothing went wrong at all, we felt we were given the 5 star treatment. So do what makes you happy and what you dream of it.

thank you Amanda!!! it's hard to believe it was a year ago. I am still looking at our photos and thinking it was just a few days ago. we can't wait to get back to EDR! (9 more days....)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllieH View Post

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby and have a wonderful trip.