El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Keep in mind the beers come in cups unless you're in your room! The insulated mugs were a big hit, though :-)

Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

What a great idea!!!! since I only have 15 guests maybe I'll do this too!!!

Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

Ok and lastly I wanted to get some koozies, but since there are only going to be 16 of us I don't need 300 koozies. Any suggestion where I can get them in bulk but not that bulky rolleyes.gif

Thanks so much for all of your help!!!

..............................................................................................................................

What about printing stickers and placing them on coozies you get at the dollar store?

I had a friend walk me down, and i just met him at the ceremony. He just grabbed me when I got off the cart and waited with us girls while the BM's walked down, then us.I wouldn't worry about the logistics at all- no biggie :-)

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

For all of you who had a father/someone walk you down the aisle, where did you meet? Did you have him meet in your room and ride over together? Did you meet him somewhere near the gazebo/ceremony site? Trying to figure out logistics.

Ugh I had 2 BM's who got pregnant too. one still came, but she was literally due in 3 weeks the poor thing. The other had her baby while we were gone. I was frustrated at first, but am over it and excited to have my new niece & nephew.... in the end, I guess we can't ask anyone to put their life on hold bc we're going to Mexico...

Originally Posted by Maybeachbride View Post

I can relate to you girls so much.  My good friend who has more than enough to go said that they are just not fancy people.  But yet they live in a HUGE house in a nice part of town?? Another issue I am having is 3 of my good friends who wanted to go are pregnant and can't fly.  Then another actually booked the rooms and her work would not let her off???  I keep feeling it is one thing after another.  EVEN my FI's mother is not coming AFTER I offered to pay for her room????  I just don't really understand bc everyone sounded so excited until I booked it.....  I did not do RSVPs bc I didnt want to have to see the No's all the time.  That being said I am trying to concentrate on those who are coming and making their time special.  That is all I can do!  Sometimes it is hard to be around some of the other girls though bc they act so excited about it but could not make the effort to go.....

Umm Amen. I totally would have eloped had I known how much planning there was for a DW!!! I am sad it's over, but happy at the same time... now we get to think about planning a honeymoon wiht NO stress- just us, wherever we want- no DJ's, no over the top expenses... just a nice relaxing vaca!!!

Quote:

Oh ladies. Is is possible for me to pick different future in-laws? Haha. You know, we went the DW route because we figured it would be easy and stress free. WRONG! Sometimes I think if I had known back in October what I know now, we wouldn't have gone this route. My FI and I would have eloped and had an amazing vacation/ceremony in Tahiti or something. It makes me wonder why I am bothering to spend the time, energy, and money on this for our family, when our family (aka HIS family) isn't seeming to make this a priority or be interested. I'm so tired of the lame excuses from everyone and wishy washy attitude. We decided to do it this way because our family made it seem so important they were included, but now it's like, what was the point?! I \

Sorry, it's been a rough couple of days. Hopefully my shower Saturday will run smoothly (yeah right) and get me excited again. I can only hope that when May 11th comes, none of this will matter and will all be a distant memory.

Thank god my family lives closer than his! smile105.gif I know what you will all say, and that everyone's been there, but sometimes I just need a good vent session. And I don't like to lay it on my FI too much, since it's his family.

Gail- beautiful dress- totally won't look frumpy!!! :-) I have much smaller boobs than yours I think, but I swear by those stick on bras (the cups are sticky- you put them on, then clip them together in the middle) they are completely invisible no matter what you wear from my experience- but those were able to help me out a lot in my dress! (enough that my friends made me take them off when I put my dress on haha they said my boobs were too out of control LOL and I'm only a B to C ;-)

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

Well here it is.....the long awaited dress pictures!!! I sure hope that the photographer can do a better job than my mom, I am not so photgenic and feel like I look a bit frumpy in these pics but we are always our own worst critics aren't we?

So, the dress is short in the front and long in the back. It's hard to see, but I had her sew a starfish on to the bow....I will get a better pic of that later. The top is sheer with a drop waist. She had to put new bra cups in so I looked like I had a little something up top!!! As you can tell from the face forward shot we didn't get the back corseted quite tight enough but you get the general idea! I love it and think it's the perfect dress for a beach wedding!!! YAY!!

EDR seems to take a lot of liberties with waiting until the last minute to confim details- I wouldn't worry though- maybe just list it as "pasta dish" or "vegetarian dish" i'm sure it'll be yummy, and if not, if you pull the bride card with the waitstaff at the reception, i'm pretty sure they can go hunt you down something from a different restaurant that will please your guests!

I don't think that's right. I was able to choose a stuffed pasta as mine when I chose which two meal options we were offering.

Hey girls! I have SO many pictures I don't want to post them all on here, but if you want to find me on FB we can be friends!! :-) The new last name is Jameson! My profile pic is of our wedding,  so I should be easy to find ;-) I only have gotten 3 sneak peek pictures from our photog back so far, so everything on there right now are just whatever I've taken and my friends have. But there are a ton of the resort and stuff that should give you some good ideas of things! Feel free to ask if you have questions!

https://www.facebook.com/ChristineHarveyJameson#!/media/set/?set=a.10100585525319471.1073741825.11006545&type=3

Here's a link in case it lets you see them- but I'm not sure you can without being my friend! :-) When my photographer postes pictures, her Garone Photography site has a blog that she posts them all on, so I'll be able to share that link with you girls, too!!

Hope all is well with you girls! I'm ready to start thinking honeymoon!!!!!!! :-)

I can't wait to see more Christine! 

where are you guys thinking about honeymooning?? 

I sent you a friend request on FB :) 

Originally Posted by chiquita8302 View Post

Hey girls! I have SO many pictures I don't want to post them all on here, but if you want to find me on FB we can be friends!! :-) The new last name is Jameson! My profile pic is of our wedding,  so I should be easy to find ;-) I only have gotten 3 sneak peek pictures from our photog back so far, so everything on there right now are just whatever I've taken and my friends have. But there are a ton of the resort and stuff that should give you some good ideas of things! Feel free to ask if you have questions!

https://www.facebook.com/ChristineHarveyJameson#!/media/set/?set=a.10100585525319471.1073741825.11006545&type=3

Here's a link in case it lets you see them- but I'm not sure you can without being my friend! :-) When my photographer postes pictures, her Garone Photography site has a blog that she posts them all on, so I'll be able to share that link with you girls, too!!

Hope all is well with you girls! I'm ready to start thinking honeymoon!!!!!!! :-)

I Christine! I'd love to see your pics! I just sent you a friend request in FB, my first name is Jill. :)

I sent you a facebook request!!! (Gail Shirley)

Can't wait to see your pics!!!

The pictures are awesome!!!

Thanks so much for sharing, oh and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I can't wait to see your professional pics!