El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Congratulations and welcome home!!!

I'm glad to hear everything went so well and I cannot wait to hear your review and see your pictures!!

I hope your friends wedding turns out great in spite of what's happened so far. Enjoy your next trip!!

Originally Posted by Feb2013 View Post

Everything went prefect! Nothing was out of place and it was all great. I have no complaints. I am getting ready to leave again to head out to a friend's wedding in Punta Cana this weekend. Nothing like being gone for 15 days from work coming back for 3 and leaving again. LOL! I am a little worried b/c they were at our wedding and all our guest were blown away with how awesome the resort was and how prefect the wedding ceremony and reception were. The couple's wedding we are going to this weekend didn't get any perks like we get from El Dorado. I am not sure if they even really have a wedding coordinator. They were having difficulty getting the resort to contact them back to get things planned. At one point the bride told me she would just pick everything out on Friday (the day before their wedding). It should be interesting. :) 

I will give more details and review when I get back to normalcy. I will say one thing about the decorating fee they charge. I was simple on my decorations for the tables at the reception (which has a story all its own). I asked a couple guest if they mind helping put a couple table numbers up for me and votive candles. I didn't want to pay $150 set up fee for so few things for 6 tables. I read somewhere you could not go into the reception area until right before it was time. Well I figure all my friends would need is 5-10 minutes max. Well just a heads up I was told that we could go into the reception area anytime after 5:00 pm (the reception started at 6:00). So those of you that don't have a whole lot to set up and you have really nice guest that would not mind helping keep that in mind. I am sure if you had something more elaborate then a few items to set as a center piece they might frown about it. 

YAY welcome home!!!!! Congratulations to you both.

Originally Posted by Feb2013 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post

I can't wait to see them!!! She truly does do anything, My husband even laughed because she fell off the chair trying to get a shot. How did everything go? Congrats again!!!! :)

Everything went prefect! Nothing was out of place and it was all great. I have no complaints. I am getting ready to leave again to head out to a friend's wedding in Punta Cana this weekend. Nothing like being gone for 15 days from work coming back for 3 and leaving again. LOL! I am a little worried b/c they were at our wedding and all our guest were blown away with how awesome the resort was and how prefect the wedding ceremony and reception were. The couple's wedding we are going to this weekend didn't get any perks like we get from El Dorado. I am not sure if they even really have a wedding coordinator. They were having difficulty getting the resort to contact them back to get things planned. At one point the bride told me she would just pick everything out on Friday (the day before their wedding). It should be interesting. :) 

I will give more details and review when I get back to normalcy. I will say one thing about the decorating fee they charge. I was simple on my decorations for the tables at the reception (which has a story all its own). I asked a couple guest if they mind helping put a couple table numbers up for me and votive candles. I didn't want to pay $150 set up fee for so few things for 6 tables. I read somewhere you could not go into the reception area until right before it was time. Well I figure all my friends would need is 5-10 minutes max. Well just a heads up I was told that we could go into the reception area anytime after 5:00 pm (the reception started at 6:00). So those of you that don't have a whole lot to set up and you have really nice guest that would not mind helping keep that in mind. I am sure if you had something more elaborate then a few items to set as a center piece they might frown about it. 

I'll be having around 30 and I was told Tuscanes was booked but also too large of a space (maybe I was told that because it was already booked though). We are having ours at the Health Bar which was for under 40 people. I think a beach setting would be pretty but I agree with LKocelko a floor might be better.

Is it important to you to be under a roof like at Tuscanes? I think you'll have fun no matter where you are and I don't think the space will be too vast but pick the reception area based on what you would like - beach front? covered? etc. 

Good morning ladies!!

I need help with something......I bought sarongs for all of the ladies attending and I am going to put them in their OOT bags. I wanted to come up with a cute little saying to put on the tag......any ideas???

I am also having a terrible time coming up with an idea of something to include for the men, so any ideas for that would be great as well!!

Ok and lastly I wanted to get some koozies, but since there are only going to be 16 of us I don't need 300 koozies. Any suggestion where I can get them in bulk but not that bulky rolleyes.gif

Thanks so much for all of your help!!!

Originally Posted by mstigger View Post

Good morning ladies!!

I need help with something......I bought sarongs for all of the ladies attending and I am going to put them in their OOT bags. I wanted to come up with a cute little saying to put on the tag......any ideas???

I am also having a terrible time coming up with an idea of something to include for the men, so any ideas for that would be great as well!!

Ok and lastly I wanted to get some koozies, but since there are only going to be 16 of us I don't need 300 koozies. Any suggestion where I can get them in bulk but not that bulky rolleyes.gif

What a great idea!!!! since I only have 15 guests maybe I'll do this too!!!

..............................................................................................................................

What about printing stickers and placing them on coozies you get at the dollar store?

I found the sarongs at www.meritline.com for like $3.99 a piece!! Just type sarong in the search bar and they will pop up. I ordered 8 different ones so we would all have something different. For some reason my leopard one got cancelled and I got a different one - somehow I did that - so I am reordering and hoping to find something on here for the men.....just can't decide what!!

Can't beat that price for sure!!

Originally Posted by jnitschke View Post

What a great idea!!!! since I only have 15 guests maybe I'll do this too!!!

That's such a Great versatile idea, mstigger!!! and you found a great price point for them too :) I've used sarongs for everything from beach cover-ups or even to dry off with.....to throw cloths for tables or dressers.......they look great  and pack like a dream........  thx for sharing...... :)

I found the sarongs at www.meritline.com for like $3.99 a piece!! Just type sarong in the search bar and they will pop up. I ordered 8 different ones so we would all have something different. For some reason my leopard one got cancelled and I got a different one - somehow I did that - so I am reordering and hoping to find something on here for the men.....just can't decide what!!

Can't beat that price for sure!!

Thanks!!!  I just ordered a bunch and they have most of them for 3.19!!!!!

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

My husband and I are doing just received our email reminder regarding our final payment due date for our 1 year anniversary trip!!! I cannot believe that is coming up in a little over 2 months!!! We are using our vouchers and discount from getting married at EDR to take a 5 day anniversary trip to El Doradoa Seaside Suites! I know it's quite a bit smaller, but we are so looking forward to getting pampered El Dorado style!

That's so exciting Nikki!!!! It will be here before you know it. We visited the Azul properties in January and it was nice seeing the kid property's, but next year we are headed back to El Dorado Royale with a bunch of people. I do eventually want to try seaside, you will have to let me know what you think about it. I still can not believe how quickly one year is coming up. It feel's like we were all asking questions about how to plan our wedding's and that they were coming up. Time sure is flying!!! Hope married life is going well. :)