El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

Originally Posted by Feb2013 View Post

We leave this Sunday!!! Feb 11th through the 17th we are on the Royale side, all our guest have to leave on the 17th (they didn't have to go home but they couldn't stay at El Royale!) and we move to the Casita side for the second week for our honeymoon. We head home on the 24th. 

Fingers crossed that our East coast family and friends continue to stay out of the line of the blizzard! Most of our wedding guest will get to EDR on Wed Feb 13 so we should be good. We have about 3 other couples joining us on Sunday when we head down and 2 more couples come in on Tuesday. Wednesday we have about 12 more couples coming! So Goldieloch47 you might see a crazy group on Thursday I apologies in advance! woot.gif 

The only tip I have is keep list... I have had my stuff I needed to take for the wedding in one pile on our guest room for months. But I think I have about 20 different list going right now with things to remember! 

Your going to have so much fun!!! I can't wait to see your pictures, enjoy the two weeks!!!!! :)

So ladies which photography did you go with? I was having a family friend coming with us to take our pictures but he backed out. I really like Sarani photography but they are expensive. Caribe is the most inexpensive but I did not like their photography. Who did you have and what did you like most about them or what did you not like?

I tried to get Sarani for my wedding, but she was already booked when I started looking back in July. We actually met with Caribe when we did our site visit in September and I really liked the photographer and the sample books they brought were of un-retouched photos and they were better than what I expected. I want pics, but I didn't want to spend a fortune so I liked the photographer and the price was great so win-win for me. If you don't like what they have on their website though I would try someone else. Amanda had Sarani and her photos are amazing so you def get your $$ worth if you can get her.

My wedding is in April, so not sure how soon you want to pick but I will have our photos before we even return and can make sure you see them.

Hope that helps a little!

Originally Posted by chelsRN View Post

So ladies which photography did you go with? I was having a family friend coming with us to take our pictures but he backed out. I really like Sarani photography but they are expensive. Caribe is the most inexpensive but I did not like their photography. Who did you have and what did you like most about them or what did you not like?

Hi Ladies, I got my wedding dress and one thing I like about it was that I was able to accessorize it and add personality. However, in the process, I realized I am terrible at fashion!

Since we all picked the same resort, maybe we have similar styles and I could use some opinions!

Here is the dress. It has a modern lace overlay and a corset back.

I was thinking one of these necklaces. Although the turquoise one is from a bride on the Sarani website and I been searching for one similar either in turquoise or white. The second is from etsy and the seller said she can make all the pearls white if I wanted.

These are two sashes. One with a flower and one without. 

How are you ladies accessorizing? 

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

My WC recommended hitting the salon at 12:30 for hair and makeup, as each would take an hour. My ceremony is at 3:30. She didn't recommend starting too early, in case the heat ruins it.

I had a noon appt for hair and makeup for my 3:00 ceremony and we had just enough time to get a golf cart back to my room, change and eat a quick snack of room service before the ceremony. Be prepared to wait for those golf carts!

Originally Posted by Feb2013 View Post

We leave this Sunday!!! Feb 11th through the 17th we are on the Royale side, all our guest have to leave on the 17th (they didn't have to go home but they couldn't stay at El Royale!) and we move to the Casita side for the second week for our honeymoon. We head home on the 24th. 

Fingers crossed that our East coast family and friends continue to stay out of the line of the blizzard! Most of our wedding guest will get to EDR on Wed Feb 13 so we should be good. We have about 3 other couples joining us on Sunday when we head down and 2 more couples come in on Tuesday. Wednesday we have about 12 more couples coming! So Goldieloch47 you might see a crazy group on Thursday I apologies in advance! woot.gif 

The only tip I have is keep list... I have had my stuff I needed to take for the wedding in one pile on our guest room for months. But I think I have about 20 different list going right now with things to remember! 

For those of you switching from Royale to Casistas side...be sure to arrange your room transfer ahead of time...unlike me and my hubby! We thought it would be a smooth transition from one room to the next, but it was a bit of a mess and we spend the first day of our honeymoon without a room and with all of our stuff on golf carts, being transported from one reception to the next and back! It's like 2 different hotels when it comes to checking in and checking out so be prepared to be "roomless" from 11 am to 3pm!! Unless maybe you can prearrange an early check in or late check out. Wish we would have undecided.gif

Originally Posted by CanadianLindsey View Post

I had a noon appt for hair and makeup for my 3:00 ceremony and we had just enough time to get a golf cart back to my room, change and eat a quick snack of room service before the ceremony. Be prepared to wait for those golf carts!

You suggest moving up the spa times?

Are you going to do a first look or pre-ceremony photos? If so,  I'd totally move up the spa times.

I had noon appointments for my 4pm ceremony and we were rushed. She took longer on the day-of than she did for my rehearsal, and that was just for my hair. By the time we got back to my room, ordered room service and ate our lunch, we were running behind schedule. We had to quickly slap my make up on and dive into the dress.

We wanted to do first look at 2:30, but it ended up being closer to 3. My groom was with me when the WC came to pick me up and take me to the ceremony lol they took him, and sent another cart back for me. So it was just a little rushed...and we didn't get to do as many pre-ceremony/couple pictures as I had hoped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKocelko View Post

Originally Posted by CanadianLindsey View Post

You suggest moving up the spa times?

hey JEM! your dress is GORGEOUS!

if you do the pearl necklace with the flowers, I would do the sash with the flowers too. if you go with the turquoise necklace, you may want to consider a different style sash.

funny enough, choosing my jewelry was way harder than finding the dress. I found it helped to try on the dress with various jewelry choices. My fashion sense/vision wasn't very good either....lol

Originally Posted by JEM236 View Post

Hi Ladies, I got my wedding dress and one thing I like about it was that I was able to accessorize it and add personality. However, in the process, I realized I am terrible at fashion!

Since we all picked the same resort, maybe we have similar styles and I could use some opinions!

Here is the dress. It has a modern lace overlay and a corset back.

I was thinking one of these necklaces. Although the turquoise one is from a bride on the Sarani website and I been searching for one similar either in turquoise or white. The second is from etsy and the seller said she can make all the pearls white if I wanted.

These are two sashes. One with a flower and one without. 

How are you ladies accessorizing?