El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

These are beautiful!!! I'm debating the large arrangements for the sides of the gazebo, I'm glad to see the flowers are good quality! My entire bouquet and the bouts, etc are all made out of shells and starfish and gems and ribbon. No pics to post yet, but if it turns out like I hope it should be something to see!!
We did the big gazebo flowers then used them on our sweet heart table they were our only decoration at the white gazebo alon with the white isle runner. Worth it for us because it was smile but a pop of color and decore.

Thanks so much Amanda, I love having first hand information.

I only have chair hangers and possibly 2 parasols, so not a lot of decoration for me either.

I'm not doing an aisle runner at all, I figured the sand would be good.

My MOH suggested making "big a** bows" with 3" wired ribbon and having smaller ribbon tales with starfish on them and then using them on tables after the ceremony.

Will probably save me some money and I do love me some bows! humble.gif

Originally Posted by amanda50388 View Post

We did the big gazebo flowers then used them on our sweet heart table they were our only decoration at the white gazebo alon with the white isle runner. Worth it for us because it was smile but a pop of color and decore.

Ok, I know I have been a bit obsessive and crazy here lately but I'm curious how much music I need for a symbolic ceremony? We are not doing a sand ceremony either.

So far we only have 12 confirmed guests, so very small and won't need a lot of walking down the aisle music but I don't even know what to use for that.

Thoughts, previous experiences, music used.....anything you have to offer I will take it!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Thanks so much Amanda, I love having first hand information. I only have chair hangers and possibly 2 parasols, so not a lot of decoration for me either. I'm not doing an aisle runner at all, I figured the sand would be good. My MOH suggested making "big a** bows" with 3" wired ribbon and having smaller ribbon tales with starfish on them and then using them on tables after the ceremony. Will probably save me some money and I do love me some bows! :humble:
Do whatever you want, it's your day and yes we saved our money for the food and photography. Our reception just had candles and those clear rocks and pink beads as a centerpiece. I think if I did it again I wouldnt even have all that. Still glad we did ourselves vs what the resort would charge for center pieces.

Hi Girls!!!

Long time no see... ;-) Hope you've all had a wonderful holiday and are enjoying 2013.... a year for many more fabulous EDR Weddings!!!! :-)
Allie... I've read through EVERYTHING you've posted and it was so helpful- thank you so much. Your wedding was beautiful and I'm glad it was everything you imagined.

I can't believe that my wedding is really coming up!!!!!!!!! Less than two months :-)

I am just getting back into wedding mode after a CRAZY few months. Sometimes I feel like the only bride who hasn't had time to worry about her own wedding LOL.... I guess its a good thing I chose a DW!

I just sent Valeria a long e-mail confirming a bunch of details... I asked if we could do the hanging corsages for the ceremony, putting one of those on the guest book table and one on a sweetheart table for us. Then a hurricane and a few votives on each reception table with a coral runner. I've requested she put us in contact with DJ All music, and have ordered the $300 webcast video which includes the raw footage of the wedding... my mom has recently been diagnosed wiht Alzheimers which has explained a lot of what has been going on with her stress around my wedding planning, so she won't be coming... this will give a bunch of our friends and family who couldn't afford the trip a way to "be there"!!

I just went for another dress fitting and it is coming along nicely... I will post some pictures once I go next time and it's a bit more put together- I'm SO excited now that she's finally done a bunch of the changes I wanted her to do. PHEW. Some things are starting to come together.

I have to work on OOT bags and picking the menu next. I just saved Allies OOT list on my phone so I can start shopping for those this weekend. I've bought personalizable mugs for my girls... From Target, they are Alladin brand coffee mugs in Coral, and you can insert a customized printed insert into them so I also need to create that! I will post some pictures when I get that done. I haven't decided completely on favors or bridesmaid gifts. I may pay for the girls hair wedding hairstyle as their gifts. All along though I've wanted to take the bridal party on one of those snorkeling/rum punch catamaran sailing excursions though as their present... anyone know of anything like that we coudl coordinate?

I can't believe so many of you ladies I started out on here talking to are all done and married- congrats to you all. I can't WAIT for my turn!! xo

Chris

Girls who have not been to EDR yet, you're going to love it. It's more beautiful in person than it is in pictures. I'm sooooo glad I chose this place for my wedding. Rehearsal dinner tomorrow night, the Saturday is the big day! Those of you wondering about bugs... I have a few bites on me but no idea where or when I got them, haven't seen Mosquitos and gave but itched at all but something here bites. If anyone has any questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer though it may take me a couple of days to get back on here as the next two are going to be crazy busy :-) Here are some pics I've taken 400